i do not disagree with you that it would be better to have it then not to have it.i am just saying that cnn mobile site is some substitute for lack of native app for blackberry

Sent from Blackberry Z10
    Very true, my Uber and Stock Twits renders very well on my Z30

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    06-06-14 12:50 PM
    They work well if you can live with watered-down limited functionality. The majority of consumers have made their choice and they choose apps.

Twitter: xandermac
    No Apple advertising has convinced most that they need apps for the simplest of tasks. Like watching someone looking for a calculator to calculate the area of a room 8 ft x 12 ft.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:30 PM
    Apps have access to hardware (via permissions) that websites just don't. So developers will gladly maintain an Android and iOS version of their apps because they make the user experience that much better.

With an app I'm also right back where I left off without having to re-navigate to a website and try to find what I was looking for in the first place.

Then there are notifications. My web browser does not give me CrackBerry notifications but Tapatalk does. That's just one example obviously but it's an example that saves me a lot of time trying to navigate back to a thread just to see if anyone replied.

Twitter: xandermac
    Sure you can get notifications....by email.

Many websites have Disqus forums built in and every time I participate in conversation and there is reply to my post i get email notification all the time. Same Is with ebay etc etc etc. It is just as quick as built in app. The point is that it would obviously be better to have apps bit since some are not available or are android ports i often finds websites good enough

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 09:15 AM
    Sure you can get notifications....by email.

Many websites have Disqus forums built in and every time I participate in conversation and there is reply to my post i get email notification all the time. Same Is with ebay etc etc etc. It is just as quick as built in app. The point is that it would obviously be better to have apps bit since some are not available or are android ports i often finds websites good enough

Posted via CB10
    You'd really want your email cluttered up each time you get a notification?? Ugh not me. I like to keep things clean, and appreciate getting a notification that I can just tap and it takes me to the item that needs attention. Getting an email means checking the email, going to the app, finding the item, and then going back to the email to delete it. All to check one notification.

06-15-14 11:11 AM
    Yes, it is important. Why? Because we live in a generation that demands instant gratification, if we don't have it, it's always going to be an issue. Yes we can install apks but what about the times it required play services, it's not complete.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 11:41 AM
    This works for me:

m.ladbrokes.com

I just add a link, and it looks like an app.
    06-16-14 08:19 AM
    Agree i use the mobile sites eg UBER and Stock Twits but it's the mobile ADs that get in the way, if you navigate your way thru these mobile sites they work. But the ADS suck

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    06-21-14 09:45 PM
107 ... 345