Ok, so I dont know if this is even possible but I would love an app that can use the GPS in the phone to tell me how fast Im going (Driving)... Yes, I know, look at the speedo, but, sometimes Ill be going maybe 5 or 10 over the Speed limit with out really noticing and BAM! Red and Blue Lights... Is it possible to have an app that I can have a preset speed like 65MPH and have it inform me by and audible alert that I have exceeded that speed? I know it would probably kill that battery while running but I have an Car charger that would take care of that...

Also, I think it would be better than a Radar Detector because I will always be aware of the speed Im going and wont have to worry about being over the speed limit anyways...

Thanks in Advance....
    02-26-09 07:47 PM
    But a cheap GPS (Garmin/TomTom)

They are very accurate speed-wise.

The GPS apps for the storm can do it, but the update frequency needs to be almost constant to prove useful for tracking speed, so they would tear thru the battery pretty quickly.
    02-26-09 08:02 PM
    SpeedOMeter OTA Install for the 88XX. Developer Site

A simple program uses BlackBerry integrated GPS receiver to displays speed, distance, time. Lo and Hi speed alerts can pace your workout.

Gave it a shot on the Storm. Disable compatibility mode and it works.
    02-26-09 08:36 PM
    Gpsed will tell speed and distance. I don't have an ota link handy but a quick search should find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:00 PM
    Thanks for pointing this out, H!

GPSed Developer Site

Edit: For some reason, their downloads are not working.

Crackberry Store Free Trial
    Last edited by 312; 02-26-09 at 09:09 PM.
    02-26-09 09:03 PM
    wow... Thanks for the links!
    02-27-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD