Is it possible to ask for an app refund after purchase?

I first bought Fast Tube and then I realized that I actually prefer Super Tube, so I ended up buying the Super Tube as well.

Would it be possible to get a refund for Fast Tube? I know Google offers 7 day refund period for apps, I am not sure what it's like on BlackBerry.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-05-14 06:27 PM
    I'd like to know. I bough t an album that won't download. No help in the BB WORLD site. Asked for a refund weeks ago. Nothing.

BB Proud
    07-05-14 06:33 PM
    From the Support section in the FAQs (section 9), you can get refunds only in very specific situations:
    BlackBerry App World generally does not offer refunds to consumers. However, for those jurisdictions where the BlackBerry merchant of record is obliged to provide a refund, the refund may be processed by BlackBerry .if the app was purchased within 15 days, you can claim buyers remorse in certain jurisdictions such as Canada.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/develop...pworld/faq.jsp

For refunds on the music bought, you can contact :

https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic
    For refunds when payment made by paypal or credit card

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    Enclosing a copy of you receipt and explaining your issue with the download, they will honour your claim, even outside the 15 day period ,provided it's not excessively late.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-05-14 at 07:35 PM.
    07-05-14 07:25 PM
    07-05-14 07:27 PM
    I can't imagine the cost of the app would be worth the time and effort to seek a refund.
    07-05-14 07:36 PM
    I can't imagine the cost of the app would be worth the time and effort to seek a refund.
    There are a lot of crap in BlackBerry world...

I request refunds all the time.

I try to help out the devs but you cant put out a half a*ed app with no support for money.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:26 PM

I first bought Fast Tube and then I realized that I actually prefer Super Tube, so I ended up buying the Super Tube as well.

Would it be possible to get a refund for Fast Tube? I know Google offers 7 day refund period for apps, I am not sure what it's like on BlackBerry.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Doesn't fast tube better than super tube?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:34 PM
    At the bottom of the recite you got when the app was purchased, you find a link saying "Refunds", and that link forwards you to: http://www.commerce.bb/

Click your way in there and fill out the info
    07-05-14 09:40 PM
    I'm my very own opinion, you shouldn't be able to get refunds for an app you just dislike.

False advertisement, lack of support, OK; but not because you didn't like it, specially when they offer free versions.
    07-05-14 09:41 PM
    If you use a PC and go to the BlackBerry Website. BlackBerry World. You'll see a link for BlackBerry World Customer Support, you'll need to give them some information from the BBW receipt. If the App doesn't work or download then it's usually straight forward. But if you buy an App, then want a refund cause you seen a better one and buy that. Then they may say no.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:27 PM
    If everyone got refunds for apps that they tried busy then found a better one all of the debs would be out of work. There is always going to be another app that comes along that works better or that you prefer.

If the app you bought does what it says it's supposed to do then you have no right to ask for a refund.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-05-14 11:31 PM
    Customer support will ask you for the reason and I don't think yours would justify a refund.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:37 PM
    There are a lot of crap in BlackBerry world...

I request refunds all the time.

I try to help out the devs but you cant put out a half a*ed app with no support for money.

Posted via CB10
    In this case I dont think she should get a refund all those youtube apps are really good quality. I bought stereotube, fast tube and supertube. I only use super tube now but I didn't bother asking for a refund for any since they are well built apps.

But the OP will most likely get it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:46 PM
    If everyone got refunds for apps that they tried busy then found a better one all of the debs would be out of work. There is always going to be another app that comes along that works better or that you prefer.

If the app you bought does what it says it's supposed to do then you have no right to ask for a refund.
    Happens all the time in retail. If you can return a shirt you don't like, why not an app? Especially if there is no free or trial version to try it out first.
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-14 08:19 AM
    Happens all the time in retail. If you can return a shirt you don't like, why not an app? Especially if there is no free or trial version to try it out first.
    It's hardly the same thing. If you buy a shirt and wear it and then decide you don't like it you can't take it back. You can also try on the shirt and decide if you like it or not in the store before you buy it. If you buy it, take it home and wear it, then see a shirt in the store next week you like better then you can but that one too or you are **** out of luck.
    07-06-14 08:24 AM
    The question is why bbw allow ALL apps to get in. Is it because there is just too scarce developers for BlackBerry app that there is little or no screening? Wanna make money? Make a misleading app in bbw.

BBQ10
    07-06-14 08:39 AM
    Not many countries allow you to return a shirt just because you don't like it. Some shops might adopt that policy, but they don't have to.
    07-06-14 08:46 AM
    The question is why bbw allow ALL apps to get in. Is it because there is just too scarce developers for BlackBerry app that there is little or no screening? Wanna make money? Make a misleading app in bbw.

BBQ10
    The numbers game. Remember how how many apps they bragged about BlackBerry World having at launch?

You would think an Enterprise/Secure phone maker would really crack down on BB10 apps. You thought wrong it's all about quantity not quality.

If It were me after the Amazon Deal I would slash half of BBW apps. But then I'd end up pissing off the only BB10 devs haha. So now it's too late.

The best they can do now is:
    1. get rid of the android ports, for Amazon to deal with and have only native apps BB world. 2.start cracking down on what they accept in it
    3. maybe give notice to the half a*sed made apps.
    07-06-14 09:43 AM
    Not many countries allow you to return a shirt just because you don't like it. Some shops might adopt that policy, but they don't have to.
    Where I live in the United States, nearly everything is returnable (no need for the government to mandate it; businesses do it because customers like it). You can take anything back to Walmart for any reason whatsoever. Kohls will take back clothes even with the tags already pulled off and thrown away.

Even when places have a somewhat less generous return policy than those two examples, almost all businesses have at least some ability for customers to return products they decided they don't want during a reasonable period of time. Understandably, there are sometimes requirements that the goods not show wear and tear, but that wouldn't apply to apps.

Businesses do it because it makes customers feel safer in their purchases knowing they could take it back if they change their minds. Thus they are more likely to buy in the first place. Most people never in fact return the purchase, so the retailer benefits. Even for the people who do make a return, they still had a good experience with the purchase/return process and may spend money again in the future. Works in retail the same as it would in apps.

By the way, competitors in this market do allow returns. Google Play allows you to return an app within 15 minutes for any reason for a full refund. That's a reasonable policy that is fair to both consumers and devs.
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-14 09:47 AM
    I got a refund through direct billing with AT&T
    I downloaded the wrong album and was given the refund on my next bill.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:48 AM
    Where I live in the United States, nearly everything is returnable (no need for the government to mandate it; businesses do it because customers like it). You can take anything back to Walmart for any reason whatsoever. Kohls will take back clothes even with the tags already pulled off and thrown away.

Even when places have a somewhat less generous return policy than those two examples, almost all businesses have at least some ability for customers to return products they decided they don't want during a reasonable period of time. Understandably, there are sometimes requirements that the goods not show wear and tear, but that wouldn't apply to apps.

Businesses do it because it makes customers feel safer in their purchases knowing they could take it back if they change their minds. Thus they are more likely to buy in the first place. Most people never in fact return the purchase, so the retailer benefits. Even for the people who do make a return, they still had a good experience with the purchase/return process and may spend money again in the future. Works in retail the same as it would in apps.

By the way, competitors in this market do allow returns. Google Play allows you to return an app within 15 minutes for any reason for a full refund. That's a reasonable policy that is fair to both consumers and devs.
    Businesses are entirely free to. It doesn't mean you have a right to expect it.
    07-06-14 12:19 PM
    Businesses are entirely free to. It doesn't mean you have a right to expect it.
    It is obviously not a "right". That goes without saying. BlackBerry should allow returns for a reasonable period of time because it is good business. Simple as that. BlackBerry has a reputation for less than average customer service. It is in their best interest to start meeting and exceeding basic customer expectations. This is a relatively low cost way for BlackBerry to make customers happy.
    07-06-14 05:02 PM
    I'm my very own opinion, you shouldn't be able to get refunds for an app you just dislike.

False advertisement, lack of support, OK; but not because you didn't like it, specially when they offer free versions.
    It's the current retail culture. People return used, almost finish products regularly.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:23 PM