So I was thinking, I love the native apps RIM pushes out, BB Protect, BBM, BB Maps, BB Travel, etc...

So why not add a native app to it.

My suggestion:

An APP MANAGER.

What it would do:
    App manager will do 2 things.

1. Whichever app you download that has a license, it will remember and store that license
    2. It will keep regular backups of app settings (and have the ability to restore them)

It would actually serve as a container app, integrated in BB Appworld. I realize Appworld already saves the licenses of any app you download but it's rudimentary, and slow. This concept actually expands on it.

The app manager will be a way to backup and restore any app you downloaded without the need to redownload it/search for the license key/reset every setting.

Here's a drawing to explain:

So essentially, it will provide a way to backup licenses and settings and a quick way to restore them if necessary, integration with BB Protect means it will always be available in case of malfunction/deletion.

An API should be provided by RIM so it will provide apps that allow a backup/restore of their settings a more streamlined way to do so (i have backups of app settings all over my phone now)

Thoughts?
    04-30-12 06:27 AM
    although a good idea, I wouldnt want to know the amount of storage it would take up, and the cost to RIM.

It would be nice to see something like this in the long run.
    04-30-12 08:37 AM
    although a good idea, I wouldnt want to know the amount of storage it would take up, and the cost to RIM.

It would be nice to see something like this in the long run.
    Considering this is a phone app it won't be too big, it can even be integrated in the OS (like I feel bb protect should be, but that's another thread)

In the overall run its just about some text files being backed up so this won't take up a lot of space, not more than bb protect is taking up now.
    04-30-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD