Hi,
    Perhaps this is already out there but I was thinking today after a shoping trip with my wife and kids that a car finder would be a good app to have. I have no real issue finding my car however in the past when at a sporting event have had to search for my car. I wonder if ther is a way to create an app to do this? Any Ideas of existing apps would be nice.
    05-17-09 08:41 PM
    I guess that would be okay but i doubt it would be able to track and pinpoint your exact location in a single parking lot.
    05-17-09 10:15 PM
    this is actually a very possible and easy idea just need a programmer to do it when I had my htc diamond I had a similar program and worked perfectt
    05-17-09 10:23 PM
    Here's how you do it with currently supplied apps. Open Google Maps, click on current location (since it'll size down to 3 meters, which is roughly 2 car lengths) and save as a favorite. DONE.
    05-17-09 11:00 PM
    My thought would be when you leave your car you simply press the icon and it adds it as a way point. When you come out of the event press it again and a map or arrow comes up and guides you back. I figure all you would need is about fifty feet from the target or car. I wish I could program it myself.
    05-17-09 11:03 PM
    As the French say, *le sigh*....
    05-17-09 11:05 PM
    Hi,
    Perhaps this is already out there but I was thinking today after a shoping trip with my wife and kids that a car finder would be a good app to have. I have no real issue finding my car however in the past when at a sporting event have had to search for my car. I wonder if ther is a way to create an app to do this? Any Ideas of existing apps would be nice.
    according to the iphone commercial "there's an app for that"
    so its possible
    05-17-09 11:11 PM
    according to the iphone commercial "there's an app for that"
    so its possible
    ...for the iPhone. DERR.
    05-17-09 11:23 PM
    Any programmers out there that would be interested in doing this? I bet a lot of people would want something like this simple easy to use interface.
    05-17-09 11:51 PM
    That would be a cool idea, it could be used for so many different things if it was made.
    05-17-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD