I need a BB app that will allow me to email the position of the car when I park it to the person I share the car with, (there are several apps that do that), and then for her to be able to open the email on her phone, (not a BB) and see not only an indicator as to where the car is parked, but, the gps indicator showing her current location. Before I switched to a BB, the program I had did that. I could email her from the program the location of the car and when she clicked on the link it would open google maps and show where the car was and her current location relative to the car. Does anyone know of an app that can help us? She is perturbed at me right now for changing phones.
    Thanks
    12-23-09 10:27 AM
    You could actually take a picture of the car and it would show her where it is. Just turn on the geotagging feature in the camera options. Then take a picture of the car and send her the picture. She can open the picture and then she will have the option to view wher the picture was taken on a map. Sorry I don't know of any apps. But this works really well.
    12-23-09 04:09 PM
    You could actually take a picture of the car and it would show her where it is. Just turn on the geotagging feature in the camera options. Then take a picture of the car and send her the picture. She can open the picture and then she will have the option to view wher the picture was taken on a map. Sorry I don't know of any apps. But this works really well.
    Well, thought that might work. Went into camera and turned on the geotagging, lowered the size of the pic so it would be a small file and email fast from the phone. Went outside and took a pic and then emailed it to myself. I can not find an option to "see on a map". What am I missing?
    12-23-09 05:57 PM
    Sorry, but I have only sent them via BBM of MMS. Once the other person gets it and opens the picture they have to go into options and then scroll down to "view on map". I know you were looking to email it but again this is the only option I can suggest to you. Hope it helps you.
    12-23-09 06:41 PM
    You can try going to options-advanced options-gps. From there hit the blackberry key ( the one to the left of your trackball) and select refresh gps. Once its updated, you can then copy your gps location and text it to her. She can then do a search on google maps and find it. It sucks that she doesn't have a bb because tthen you would be able to just send the gps location directly through bbm. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 07:05 PM
    You can try going to options-advanced options-gps. From there hit the blackberry key ( the one to the left of your trackball) and select refresh gps. Once its updated, you can then copy your gps location and text it to her. She can then do a search on google maps and find it. It sucks that she doesn't have a bb because tthen you would be able to just send the gps location directly through bbm. Hope this helps.

I have a BB Tour. I tried these steps but have no "refresh' option.......
    12-23-09 07:10 PM
    Did you press the bb key once you opened up GPS? I'm not sure if its different on the tour. That is how it shows up on my 8900.

12-23-09 07:15 PM
    Blackberry maps?

12-23-09 09:59 PM
    not on tour
    12-23-09 10:00 PM
    Can you use Google Latitude to do what the OP wants?
    12-23-09 10:03 PM
    Let's start with the basics. What phone and what app did you use before. This info you should have provided in the OP..

12-23-09 11:49 PM
    Yeah I second BB maps. You can be at the car and in BB Maps select email location option. This will email your present location to another party. works pretty well I have used it for this purpose before. Also for some reason CDMA devices do not have a refresh option for GPS. That is one major thing I would like to see, with my 8900 if the GPS got hung up just hit refresh and then it would work, on my CDMA devices have to do a battery pull sometimes if it never connects.
    12-24-09 12:44 AM
    Try CarFinder

CarFinder by Neosistec

This will send links to view your location on BB maps & Google maps
    Last edited by TheBronx; 12-24-09 at 04:39 AM.
    12-24-09 04:21 AM
    I just downloaded Life in Pocket last night it has a car marking feature that you are able to email. It also has a friends locator that may work for this situation. The car mark feature has audible directions, driving directions tons of options.

lifeinpocket dot com
    12-24-09 08:35 AM
    problem with lifeinpocket's car marking feature is it takes my phone about 2 minutes to lock on, and then it's usually not even within 200 yards when it finally gets a lock.
    12-24-09 09:32 AM
    Can you explain a little more about how this works? I have geotagging turned on, my gps was locked on (not red with X) I took a pic and emailed it to my bb and to my pc. Nowhere do I have any options to view location. On the bb I can retrieve additional info but it only lists dimensions and file size. The same results on the pc
    12-24-09 10:58 AM
    I'm pretty sure it only works with BB Maps, so I think you're outta luck there. Have you tried Google Latitude?
    12-24-09 11:07 AM
    I am the OP, and here is what we are currently going to do. I got a GPS Geocaching app called Blackstar. It allows me to copy to the clipboard the Longitude and Latitude. I then open up and email my car partner the clip, adding LOC: in the front of it and removing the altitude. She can then copy and paste into google maps and work from there. It will show her the car and her location. It is the only thing we have found that works. I have a BB Tour, she has a Palm Pre. You would not believe the number of ways we tried to make this work. It is cumbersome with the cut and paste, but, you do what ya gotta do. When I had a HTC Pro Touch, I had an ap that would just email her a link that opened google maps and worked great...... thanks for all the advice. Trust me, I tried all of them as you listed them. I am still looking in case someone finds an ap.
    12-24-09 11:47 AM
    hmmm.. an email link opened an app on her phone? I could see it sending her to the google maps web site, but it actually opened the google maps app on her phone?

For example, you could send the link:

35.77347 -116.15263 - Google Maps

with

h t t p ://maps .google. com/maps?q=32.77347+-116.15263

which would open the google maps site with those coords, but I don't know how to open an app with an HTML link...
    Last edited by Furballz; 12-24-09 at 01:56 PM.
    12-24-09 01:53 PM
    The app you want to identify your GPS position and allow you to email it is GPSLogger - shareware from emacberry.com
    02-18-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD