Think about it, if \

They dont advertise for BB10 even though they have an app. And BlackBerry had to make a facebook app THEMSELVES. In terms of developer support it will never come, and it makes logical sense that it wont.
    Attached Thumbnails App developers only want two ecosystems-twitter.jpg  
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:36 AM.
    soren203 likes this.
    10-06-13 04:22 PM
    The developer should not mind! If he earns money,what's the point? Developing for one,two or 11 system: does it matters if that means more earnings?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, potatoguy, web99 and 7 others like this.
    10-06-13 04:27 PM
    The developer should not mind! If he earns money,what's the point? Developing for one,two or 11 system: does it matters if that means more earnings?

Posted via CB10
    So your telling me if you earn $100/hr at one company, and $10/hr at another you really shouldnt mind because you are still making money? It is about time also, and developing for Ios and android is the smarter option by far.
    10-06-13 04:29 PM
    The developer can't make any money if he/she doesn't provide apps. As one Wayne Gretzky once said "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

This post was brought to you by the Z10.
    10-06-13 04:30 PM
    Yes it does. Time = money, and customers will prefer to pay for quality. So, high quality = a lot of time invested into the app. This is why most prefer iOS, and then go to Android.

Also, if a platform is almost, in their eyes thanks to the media and BBRY's poor PR, dead... they're hardly going to invest time.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 and helio9965 like this.
    10-06-13 04:33 PM
    yes. if the developer was to spend 200 hours developing for ios with a potential of say 20000 downloads then spend the same or another 200 hours for BlackBerry with a potential of say 1000. where do you think the money is?

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence, bbq10l and jason9900 like this.
    10-06-13 04:33 PM
    You are right. What I am saying is: I am a developer and I developed that app for Android. From google play I get 1000 $/month. I do not have any good ideas/projects in mind so I'll keep upgrading the app and giving support. Meanwhile I make the same app for iOS and BB,so that from next month,I'll have some revenues from BlackBerry and iOS too.. Even if BBWorld only mean 100$/month, I just have to spend a couple of days to convert it for both Z and Q format..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 04:37 PM
    And smaller developers such as Shaosoft, BB10 is a good platform because you can literally charge money for any app and people will pay because they have no option. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Shao as I believe he is a great guy and I bought many of his apps, but do you really think you could charge $2.99 for evolution browser on Google Play or ios? Hell no, there a way better and FREE alternatives. So smaller developers have a much easier time making money on BB10 as there is no competition.
    keypad likes this.
    10-06-13 04:39 PM
    If a third platform provided consistent ROI, developers would develop for it. I don't think there is any conscious effort to subvert potentially lucrative revenue streams.
    10-06-13 04:42 PM
    Isn't the point of developing an app is to get as much downloads as possible? More download = more money? More platforms + more downloads = more money?

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    10-06-13 04:42 PM
    Are you a developer?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-06-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Resources. Wanting to do something and having the means are two different things.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-06-13 04:46 PM
    If a third platform provided consistent ROI, developers would develop for it. I don't think there is any conscious effort to subvert potentially lucrative revenue streams.
    More platforms does not mean more users. If lets say around half of the worlds population has smartphones, (3.0 billion) if everyone used one platform, you would have 3 billion possible downloads from that one platform, two platforms would mean 1.5 billion from each platform, so on and so on. You dont increase net smartphone users by having more platforms, it just complicates things.
    10-06-13 04:46 PM
    Are you a developer?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    No, but tell me how I could be wrong with this assumption just because I am not one?
    10-06-13 04:48 PM
    So,if developers are purposely avoiding blackberry and are just making applications for iOS and android isn't that collusion?
    10-06-13 04:49 PM
    Resources. Wanting to do something and having the means are two different things.
    This. All about resources.
    10-06-13 04:50 PM
    Isn't the point of developing an app is to get as much downloads as possible? More download = more money? More platforms + more downloads = more money?
    Not necessarily... you have to account for input (time, resources, opportunity costs). If I put in 8 hours on Platform x and get $100, if Platform y doesn't give me the same return on investment, it might be better to spend that extra time on platform x.

No hatred, just simple management of resources.
    10-06-13 04:55 PM
    yes. if the developer was to spend 200 hours developing for ios with a potential of say 20000 downloads then spend the same or another 200 hours for BlackBerry with a potential of say 1000. where do you think the money is?

Posted via CB10
    This. It's really not rocket science.
    10-06-13 04:57 PM
    3 billions smartphone users. But right NOW no OS is used from all of them. 2 billions are with Android, 500 millions are with iOS (no real numbers of course) and so on.. So RIGHT NOW to reach all of the 3 billions users you have to develop for all the platforms to make the best revenue ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:01 PM
    Think about it, if you were an app developer would you REALLY want to develop for lets say 6+ different ecosystems? Heck no! That would be extremely time consuming having to write up apps for different platforms and it would make maintenance that much more difficult. Instead of putting in time to polish up one or two apps, you would have to spend time in updating all apps.

App developers in reality would only want ONE platform, it would make things so much simpler. But today we have ios and Android. Do you really think developers would put the time and effort to build for BB10 when really the most downloads they would probably get is below 1,000 (unless it is an app like instagram) I should also clarify for BB10 developer support will not come from Free apps as you need lots of users. But paid apps ie Gameloft will come in droves as they have benefit from being on many platforms.

I know I am going to get burned for this but its the truth. See yourself from a developers point of view. You have yourself and probably a family to feed. Would you put 100's of hours into making an ios or android app that would generate lots of ad revenue, then continue on working on polishing those two app to perfection,
    or would you spend that same amount of time and effort building for BB10 and get literally 1/100th of what you could on ios or android?

In my opinion developers are trying to push other ecosystems out of the market, because really there is no benefit to them. Look at twitter for example

They dont advertise for BB10 even though they have an app. And BlackBerry had to make a facebook app THEMSELVES. In terms of developer support it will never come, and it makes logical sense that it wont.
    If I was a developer, I would want 10 ecosystems. I would want to make as much money as possible!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    10-06-13 05:07 PM
    3 billions smartphone users. But right NOW no OS is used from all of them. 2 billions are with Android, 500 millions are with iOS (no real numbers of course) and so on.. So RIGHT NOW to reach all of the 3 billions users you have to develop for all the platforms to make the best revenue ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You are not accounting for ROI. You do not have to develop for each platform to make the best revenue. Quite the opposite.

Would you develop for Tizen? Symbian? Bada? Firefox? What about WebOS?
    jason9900 likes this.
    10-06-13 05:08 PM
    If I was a developer, I would want 10 ecosystems. I would want to make as much money as possible!!!!!!!!
    How many hours would you allocate to the top 6 or 7 platforms?
    10-06-13 05:09 PM

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Smh, more platforms does not mean more users, the net amount will stay the same. Would you want 100 users on 1 platform, or 100 users on 10 different platforms? Tell me which scenario would be easier to develop for.
    10-06-13 05:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    But wouldnt you want to push those remaining 500 million users to the two you develop highly polished apps for?
    10-06-13 05:24 PM
    You do realise that "Potential" does not equal "Actual", right? 10% of Nothing is Nothing, but 1% of 1000 = 10. Which do you think is greater? Just because you develop apps for iOS or Android doesn't guarantee that you won't go hungry at the end of the month. ONLY FOOLS ASSUME ANYTHING IS GUARANTEED IN LIFE. Do you honestly think all developers can be selective? Its a numbers game and any developer who hasn't hit a home run yet would be ill advised to restrict themselves to just 2 platforms.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:05 PM
151 123 ...