My old Clie had a driver that allow windows explore to recognize it as a removable disk. I could load media and apps directly to the card from the PC. I know Roxio will deal with media types, but what about apps and otheer data.

With a big memory card it would also be a great way to carry data back and forth to work, etc. without needing a seperate card reader or device like my camera.

07-31-08 06:07 PM
    Options>Media Card>Enable Mass Storage
    07-31-08 06:09 PM
    So duh, I guess I need to get me a media card. On the list for this weekend.

Thanks
    07-31-08 06:13 PM
    If you want to store things on it, yes.
    07-31-08 06:14 PM
    Here's how you do it:
    Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your blackberry. You have to have a Media Card to use it. You enable it as follows:

Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode are mutually incompatible. If you want to run Media Manager, turn off Mass Storage Mode. But for most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is once, to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the blackberry and your PC.

In Rim's implementation of microSD cards, they're used for ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. (That's why Rim calls them Media Cards, even though they're sold as microSD cards.) You can also use one as a memory stick, like a USB disk, using Mass Storage mode, but you can't access those files from the blackberry without 3rd party software. You can't run apps from one, yet.

And here's how you know what to buy, by Pete6: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/
    07-31-08 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD