Well, atleast there should be a new about Instagram for the BB10. We need to know if it's going to be available on the launch date or not. Any news? 'Cause I'm dying here!
    10-07-12 05:50 PM
    Neither new nor old. The only thing we know is that Facebook itself developed the facebook app for BlackBerry 10, so we are assuming that Instagram might also come native for BB10.
    10-07-12 05:56 PM
    For one thing, for stuff like this, it's better for RIM to keep it secret until the BB10 launch.

There IS InstaPhoto, BTW, which is actually quite a nice little app. It costs a few bucks, but it has a good selection of filters and posts to Twitter and Facebook out of the app.
    10-07-12 05:58 PM
    Neither new nor old. The only thing we know is that Facebook itself developed the facebook app for BlackBerry 10, so we are assuming that Instagram might also come native for BB10.
    Facebook is dead man! It's not much active as it used to be before. People all are into Instagram nowadays. Well, since the Facebook itself developed the app why not make for the Instagram at the same time?
    10-07-12 06:04 PM
    Facebook is dead man! It's not much active as it used to be before.
    Yeah!! They've just announced 1 BILLION active users last week, but what does 1/7th of the planet know? They're dead!
    Seriously, I don't even know where to begin with your comparison of Instagram and FB... sorry, but you're wrong.

Si.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    10-07-12 06:08 PM
    I've got my 8530 to take shi*ty looking pictures, don't need instagram to fake it.
    SK122387 and LAZYMAN 91 like this.
    10-07-12 06:47 PM
    Facebook is dead man! It's not much active as it used to be before. People all are into Instagram nowadays. Well, since the Facebook itself developed the app why not make for the Instagram at the same time?
    Who said they didn't develop the app already? The fact that it wasn't showcased does not mean it is not there.
    10-07-12 07:11 PM
    For one thing, for stuff like this, it's better for RIM to keep it secret until the BB10 launch.

There IS InstaPhoto, BTW, which is actually quite a nice little app. It costs a few bucks, but it has a good selection of filters and posts to Twitter and Facebook out of the app.
    I keep seeing people say stuff like this. Instagram has become a very large social network, it's not just a picture app. I think this app is very very important. I know A LOT of people who would still be with BB if they had it.
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-07-12 07:47 PM
    When are you going to make the app for Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, iPad, etc?

We are currently working on making the iPhone and Android experiences as solid as possible. Only then will we consider other platforms, but currently we have nothing to announce.

FAQ • Instagram
    10-07-12 08:21 PM
    I keep seeing people say stuff like this. Instagram has become a very large social network, it's not just a picture app. I think this app is very very important. I know A LOT of people who would still be with BB if they had it.
    This is like.. the one statement RIM needs to read. It sums up everything about the need for Instagram, and Instagram's substitutes currently offered on BlackBerry.

To not have Instagram on a device is now getting to the point of your phone not being able to tweet or go on facebook. Instagram is huge. I read last week that Instagram surpassed Twitter in daily mobile users for the first time. That's a big deal. I only have a Twitter and Instagram, and I go on Instagram using my iPod touch a couple times a day. But most people my age I know (early 20's, late teens) go on obsessively...just as badly as the obsession people have with facebook.

I remember Android users ditching even their high end devices for an iPhone, all because of Instagram (this means paying full retail for the iPhone because their 2 year contract on the Android wasn't up yet). And then Instagram came to Android. I don't even like Instagram all that much, I post like twice a month, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it available on BlackBerry.

I'm a realist when it comes to RIM's problems, meaning I'm not blind to what they need to do to get people interested in their products again. Instagram is a need for them to have. Not "coming Summer 2013;" I mean out-of-the-box, already in App World, where people can take a picture, fix their faces using the BlackBerry10 face-fixing feature, slap on a filter, upload to Instagram and wait anxiously for Likes. It is seriously that simple. Imagine a commercial showing off BlackBerry 10's camera capabilities and then showing someone posting to Instagram or sharing it on BBM or in an email really easily? (God I hope someone from RIM is paying attention)
    10-08-12 02:01 AM
    This is like.. the one statement RIM needs to read. It sums up everything about the need for Instagram, and Instagram's substitutes currently offered on BlackBerry.
    Yea I know right, I can't even tell you the amount of times that instagram, netflix, skype ad loads of other big name apps have come to RIM/BB and basically begged them for their apps to be allowed on the BB platform, RIM just told them to go away 24/7... /sigh the reason that apps aren't on the platform is because these people don't want to develop for it... why? well who knows - no extra money so it isn't worth it, they don't like BB/RIM, Conspiracy... who knows, either way why would RIM need to read that statement they know it, they know you guys want it and they know you guys say you need it and they are trying to get it.

Anyway I don't think they have the above apps at this time otherwise I feel they would have announced them as it would have given credibility to the platform, it would have shut up the "I want (Netflix,Skype,Instagram etc) crowd" hopefully they will be there for launch or announce that they are scming soon because it at least shows that they'll be there.
    10-08-12 07:54 AM
    Maybe freshmen in high school...
    10-08-12 05:09 PM
    I'm a realist when it comes to RIM's problems, meaning I'm not blind to what they need to do to get people interested in their products again. Instagram is a need for them to have. Not "coming Summer 2013;" I mean out-of-the-box, already in App World, where people can take a picture, fix their faces using the BlackBerry10 face-fixing feature, slap on a filter, upload to Instagram and wait anxiously for Likes. It is seriously that simple. Imagine a commercial showing off BlackBerry 10's camera capabilities and then showing someone posting to Instagram or sharing it on BBM or in an email really easily? (God I hope someone from RIM is paying attention)
    Couldn't agree more with you. You nailed it!
    10-08-12 07:24 PM
    I'm tired of seeing instagram photos on FB that all look the same. Everyone uses the same $hitty filter. If Instagram isn't available with BB10 at launch, I'll rejoice. Last thing I want to see is more devices pumping out pictures with the same $hitty filter.

Put this user down as a "no" for instacrapfiltergram.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    10-09-12 01:37 AM
    I really don't use Instagram but that's partly because the 9900 does Not have the best camera. Even so, if they put Instagram on there, I probably won't use it since I hardly send any pictures to the account. If I wanted to do filters and all that, I'd use Adobe Photshop CS5 to improve my digital editing skills.
    10-09-12 01:49 AM