Hi guys. I need your advise here.

I am like 8 hours away from replacing one file in the UMTS (radio file for your info) with another.

I will be wiping my phone completely using BBSAK before loading back everything but before that, is there anything I got to know before hand?

Of course, I felt I could be like seconds away from nuke-ing my phone again but just want to know ANYTHING before I start the process.

So guys...any advise?
    04-07-11 12:12 AM
    Measure twice, cut once. God speed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    flipkc likes this.
    04-07-11 12:14 AM
    Haha thanks!
    04-07-11 01:50 AM
    as wel talked before about it, i dont know if any cod files in the Java folder rely on a specific UMTS file in order to work. you will get one of two things....

1.) you will have a fully working .499/6.1 hybrid OS, but using the .461 radio file which will be awesome.

or

2.) failure to load the OS or a bunch of errors on startup because the associations between the cod files in the Java folder and the UMTS files differ.

i noted the radio file in .461 and .499 have the same exact name, yet just newer vs older versions. for people unsure of whats going on here, he wants to use the better .461 radio file with the .499 OS. simply replacing one file with the other, should in theory, do the trick.
    04-07-11 01:55 AM
    Hey! Thanks for everything...again.

Yes, I was testing a hybrid and damn my GPS couldn't lock me down at all. 0 satelite found in numerous locations.

So, I got this insane idea to change the radio setting from new to older (but more stable) one.

And yes dictoresno, in theory should work but...we shall see don't we?

Anyway, keep you guys updated real soon. 3 hours more before I off work. Dinner and a nice time at the pool before dedication 2 hours or so installing the new 'evil plan' of mine.

Hope it will work out and my GPS will start up back... huhu
    04-07-11 02:40 AM
    let me know if it works.
    04-07-11 03:15 AM
    Measure twice, cut once. God speed!

I dunno, I ususally cut twice, and it's still too short!

04-07-11 06:17 AM
    can any of our hybrid builders confirm if replacing the UMTS file by itself with another version will cause problems?
    04-07-11 07:59 PM
    Here's the result:
    Changed UMTS of Hybrid .499 to .461
    1. Uploading went well
    2. Font goes...transparent (when cursor hits then word is out)
    3. Spacing of icons a little off by acceptable

With the effect of number 2, I decided to get back to .461 temporary due to it was already 12 midnight.

One more test tonight: Changing gps .cod from hybrid A to B.
    Can anyone confirm if this will fix the gps issue?
    04-07-11 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD