For those of you who have been using your BBs for a while, has the way you use your BB changed over the years or with new BBs? If you had to go back to an earlier model, would you really be put out? This is my follow question to why are we updating our devices every year and in some cases, multiple times a year. I just got a 9700. I use it in the exact same way that I used my 8300 two years ago. Sure, the 9700 is better to look at, and it is faster, and I have wifi now. But the capabilities are about the same. Performance was really good on the 8300. If I had to go back, it wouldn't be a problem at all. I have upgraded my device, but didn't upgrade the way I use it. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 06:06 AM
    My first BB was the 8830WE. I really liked it, but it did lack a few things that (after using my 8830for a while) I knew could be improved, such as the amount of memory. I was constantly weighing in on which apps I wanted to have on my phone, and which ones I would have to delete to add others.

When the Tour came out, it was a natural transition for me.I wasn't looking for a huge change in the way the device worked - I don't want that. The usage of my BB wasn't what I was looking to have change. Faster performance, much nicer screen, higher resolution, much more memory (over the 8830), newer OS. All those things made switching an easy choice for me.

Am I going to switch to the Tour2 right away? Probably not. As much as I can see the advantage of wifi, I am quite happy with my Tour.
    01-10-10 06:22 AM
    Currently I'm using an 8300. I had upgraded to an 8900 last year and used it for most of 2009, then decided to try an HTC Hero and sold the 8900. I had some issues with receiving text msgs on the Hero and decided it wasn't worth the hassle so I sold it.

Now that I'm back to my old 8300, I don't miss the other 2 devices at all and will probably just stick with it for this year.

Like you said, it really depends on how you use the phone. My primary concern is communications (phone, email, txt) and calendar. Other than that I'm not using it for much else so the 8300 is good enough.
    01-10-10 06:30 AM
    I'm still using my old 8320 but I do crave the new 9700.
    01-10-10 07:54 AM
    One thing that has changed for me with the emergence of 3G and faster data speeds is much more dependence on the web browser as a reliable business tool. I'd find it hard to go backward from my current Curve and eagerly look forward to an even better and faster browser experience in the future.

01-10-10 11:59 AM
    One thing that has changed for me with the emergence of 3G and faster data speeds is much more dependence on the web browser as a reliable business tool. I'd find it hard to go backward from my current Curve and eagerly look forward to an even better and faster browser experience in the future.

That is true. The browser experience is much improved and allows for more use of it.

01-10-10 12:32 PM
    the fact that I can have more applications is a huge plus and the speed of the device and wi-fi of course
    01-10-10 05:40 PM
    No Palm, MP3 player and Phone. Just one BB now.
    01-10-10 05:53 PM
    3G/UMTS isn't even all about speed. You have the ability to use voice and data at the same time. So worth it.
    01-10-10 05:54 PM
    I have found that the more capable BB becomes the more I am using it (IE I edit very simple word docs more and more now)
    01-10-10 06:08 PM
    My first berry was the 8830, only reason I changed to the 8130 was for camera. Other then that I use it in the same way. Might change when I upgrade though lol.

01-10-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD