I think if RIM made a Blackberry version of the Palm Pixi it would sell like hot cakes.

Maybe I haven't been on these forums long enough, but I haven't really see anyone mention the Pixi form factor and how it would be a sweet phone if RIM decides to build a tall candybar formfactor with keyboard and touch screen.

Imagine a 9700 with a .5" to 1" taller multitouch screen. I'd buy that sucker in a heart beat.
    08-11-10 05:59 PM
    Seriously, I thought I was the only one who would have liked that. I would be alll over a phone like that, ha. I think it would be a good idea for RIM to make one like that
    08-11-10 06:05 PM
    Throw a 9700 or 9000 keypad on there and you've got yourself a very functional Blackberry. Would much prefer it to that terrible looking clam-shell BB
    08-11-10 06:27 PM
    I agree with the keypad and everything. With an HD screen and good memory and such. That bb would be the best around
    08-11-10 07:17 PM
    I agree with the keypad and everything. With an HD screen and good memory and such. That bb would be the best around
    +1
    I agree, I would love one haha
    08-11-10 07:27 PM
    I'd love one. A Bold form factor w/ a multitouch screen? Absolutely yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 12:18 AM
    I really hope RIM is developing this. If not...wow. They truly are clueless. The form factor of the 9000 is incredible and the best in the blackberry world. They NEED to make it again.
    08-12-10 12:45 AM
    Cool idea, but I actually say NO to it. For those of you who have not played with the Pixi, the problem is that due to having a touchscreen, it is MUCH more prone to breaking, and washes out much more in the daylight. The small screen makes for a terrible touch screen in virtually every respect (everything is just too small), and you end up finding you wish you had a trackpad/ball to begin with. Now I do own a Palm Pre Plus, and love the clam shell design, outside of the absolutely terrible keyboard. Throw a BB keyboard on that, and you have a REAL winner; oh wait, that is the Torch!

Not that the Pixi is absolutely terrible, but just from my experience, it is just TOO small of a screen to have a real functional touchscreen on. I can not tell you how many times you have to zoom in/out to select something, then go and read what you just selected.
    08-12-10 12:48 AM
    I really hope RIM is developing this. If not...wow. They truly are clueless. The form factor of the 9000 is incredible and the best in the blackberry world. They NEED to make it again.
    I hope they make it in the sizes of a 9000 and 9700. Because I reallyyyy think the 9000 is HUGE O.o
    08-12-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD