I've actually thought about this, but then I thought about how great my Q10's camera is. In my opinion, it's even pretty ok in low light

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-17-15 09:44 AM
    I think the camera on my Q10 is just fine. I would recommend getting an actual camera if pictures are that important to you. It would be cheaper too.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:02 PM
    Why? Just buy a real camera

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-18-15 01:56 AM
    Let's be honest...the latest ipod is pretty much a camera. a good camera too. I would carry both. Why not?

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-18-15 01:59 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback. Good points to consider.

VZW Z30 10.3.1.1949
    01-21-15 01:17 AM
    Spike you are acting like an iPhone costs similarly to a DSLR camera. You can get an iPhone 5 for under $200 on eBay and less on Craigslist. The idea that the OP is going to be spending a fortune on an iPhone 5 is ridiculous.

If you honestly believe that if he said he was doing the same thing with a Z30 that the responses would be the same then that's pure fantasy. He'd get responses of "Oh yeah great idea", "I do the same thing." There are advantages to doing what the OP wants to do such as portability; WiFi access, and additional apps to edit photos right on the phone. Acting like he's going to be spending a fortune doing this when he can get a high end camera is just silly, because it's not remotely the same.

And yes I'm critical of the "Better Android than Android" because it's a ludicrous statement. I'm not claiming that an iPhone is better than a high end camera, but what you get with it with the features I mentioned above doesn't make it a crazy idea, and is actually more affordable than going out and buying a nice camera.
    I agree with all this EXCEPT the idea that people would cheer him on if he used a Z30 instead of an iPhone.

I think people would still say using a "real" camera is better even though using a phone camera has the advantages of

* much lower price
    * instant ability to share
    pictures to friends / social networks
    * instant ability to edit images
    * better mobility / portability

(all points you already mentioned)

The mobility point is especially important in my book. I mean, do people really expect him to keep a dedicated camera with him at all times? Keeping two phones (especially a tiny pre-iPhone6) is way way **way** more of a feasible thing to do.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    01-21-15 11:29 AM
    That's true, but nowadays, basic point and shoot cameras also come with built in photo editing suite as well as wifi connectivity for photo transfer and even to social networking sites such as Facebook.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Yes but not to the extent of what iOS has.

The OP would probably be fine with either.
    01-21-15 10:35 PM
    If you want a camera, just buy a camera. As nice as the iphone's camera is, there are still real digital cameras out there that are more capable.

If you just want basic point and shoot functionality the BlackBerry phones are quite capable.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 06:47 AM
    Simple answer is now. I'd rather carry a real camera.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:43 PM
    The itouch (new) is a great little point and shoot camera for holiday pics. I have an iphone and a Z10 and for point and shooting. They both work very well (iPhone is better). During our last Europe trip we posted one picture a day on Instagram and our family back home liked it. It seemed like we put more effort into our pictures when we thought that others might actually view them.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-02-15 at 10:06 AM.
    10-02-15 09:37 AM
    If the main pull is the olloclip lenses, look up photojojo. Magnetic lens system. Works great with my passport

Posted via my fantabuloustastic passport (the original)
    10-02-15 04:26 PM
    I do. Well, I don't take pictures, but I have an iPhone handy just in case I need it for anything. I barely use it though.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-02-15 11:17 PM
62 123