I am interested in trying it given that the price is half of what I pay for GoToMeeting and the fact that I have had many issues with that platform. I am looking for some feedback to see if it is worth trying. Anyone?

Thanks.
    12-15-14 05:19 PM
    Use it a lot, and it is great.
    12-15-14 05:54 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers rep who uses bbm meetings on her iPhone and said it works amazing.

Posted using my amazing Passport
    12-15-14 06:00 PM
    Hi, I did a one time and short test with dusdal in the Vancouver area, who was leading the meeting. It is similar to Skype and WebEx, am quite impressed in a first test. Waiting a bit for additional info also, as I also am reviewing options useful for group meetings.
    12-15-14 06:15 PM
    Is there a free trial period or must you sign up for yearly subscription?

This Passport takes me places!
    12-15-14 08:00 PM
    No free trials

There was paid 30 day trials available last month, don't know if that is still available anywhere...
    12-15-14 08:58 PM

This Passport takes me places!
    I believe there is a 30 day trial.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:00 PM
    It looks like you have to have a BES server license to use this. Has anyone successfully been able to use it without BES? I don't have a BES and would like to us it if possible.
    12-18-14 10:23 PM
    It looks like you have to have a BES server license to use this. Has anyone successfully been able to use it without BES? I don't have a BES and would like to us it if possible.
    According to the listing on BlackBerry's Enterprise Store, "BES is not required for BBM Meetings": https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60299-011
    12-18-14 10:30 PM
    BBM Meeting does not require a BES. Just go to store.blackberry.com, create a n account, and purchase a subscription. Works great
    12-18-14 10:32 PM
    I saw that page and created an account and I do see where is states that BES is not required. But nowhere is there an option to "add to cart" for BBM Meetings. I will try to contact BB somehow about this. If anyone can offer help, I woulld appreciate it.
    12-18-14 10:38 PM
    Ok. So I finally figured it out; what an arduous process. I am surprised that it is not easier. Apparently it takes a day to activate so I will report back on how well it works. I use GoToMeeting now and have had several issues with it. The android app for GTM does not not work on my Passport either so I might as well give BBM Meetings a try.
    12-18-14 11:04 PM
    I use BBM Meetings. I'll post a few notes here on the tedious setup process and perhaps more later on the actual benefits of the software.

As others have mentioned, it does not require BES. Consumers can purchase it for use. However, please note that the purchase and setup process was designed for administrators of BES or other IT minded folks familiar with BlackBerry process that most of us never saw. So you have to bear with some key problems while they work on a better process that is more consumer friendly.

First, create a BlackBerry Account. This is effectively like creating an Finance Administrator account for a company, listing system administrator who can manage purchasing licenses. This is not the same thing as your BBID. You can input your email and password the same as your own personal BBID if you want but they're actually separate accounts.

From the BlackBerry Account, you purchase a license for BBM meetings or get a trial by browsing the collaboration software in the store and going through checkout.

After purchasing, you have to wait for an email that says login to the Enterprise Identity Portal. You have to wait for this email because the URL of the portal is nowhere to be found on their website. This portal is where you actually are assigning rights or "entitlements" to use various software products to users in your "company." Note that the login to this portal is also not the same as your BlackBerry Account or BBID, but I recommend you make them the same.

Once in the identity portal, you then assign entitlements to users in the appropriate tab. You can click on the BBM Meetings section and then send an invitation to your users who you'd like to give licenses to. Enter in your BBID here, and click send. Then you'll get an email that allows you to register for BBM Meetings. It is at this point you can then go into BBM meetings and schedule meetings.

This is not for the faint of heart. I have to admit that this process that I figured out myself through trial and error almost drove me over the edge. But once you figure it out it's not that bad and you can get on with enjoying BBM Meetings.

BBM Meetings is not perfect software but has great potential. It already has some key advantages versus gotomeeting for example, specifically screen annotations that can make meetings far more productive. I'll post more if people find it helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and gokulesh like this.
    12-20-14 11:43 AM
    I'm using gotomeeting, and we switched from webex because at the time webex couldn't share multiple screens. With our software, we often have it spanning three screens. I also find recording the meeting also very important. Hopefully that is available with BBM Meeting.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:26 PM
    It only seems to be working for the annual subscription, is there a way to just pay monthly.

T

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:33 PM