I've had a passport for a couple months now, I love it but it doesn't suit my active lifestyle as its too big. Thinking of selling it and getting the smaller Classic.

Anyone switched and regretted it?
    Besides the screen size is it noticeably slower?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:03 AM
    Yes. The Classic will make you weep for your Passport back IMO. lol.
    02-18-15 07:10 AM
    I have both the Passport and Classic. I recently purchased the Classic (55% off) and thought that I would switch sim cards with the two depending on my mood. What I have found is that although the Classic is definitely easier to carry around, I haven't lasted a day before switching back to the Passport. The Passport is noticeably quicker than the Classic, and I immediately miss the Passport's BIG screen.

 Passport Rocks 
    02-18-15 07:30 AM
    [QUOTE=Bla1ze;11363697]Yes. The Classic will make you weep for your Passport back IMO. lol.[/QUOTE

I've yet to get my grubby hands on a Classic with a sim card in it, but I'm sorry to hear that it will be noticeably slower compared to the Passport. I guess the Passport may have raised expectations for the Classic that much more.
    02-18-15 04:45 PM
    I'm kind of in a similar position. Although I like the Passport a lot, especially its big screen, I find myself too often in situations where the Passport's size is just too inconvenient.
    There are small things like it won't fit anywhere into my car and I'm used to place my phones in the cupholder for longer drives. Also it feels uncomfortable in my pockets at times. This isn't too bad but I've often experienced to reboot the phone while tying my shoes, having the Passport in my jeans pocket, just to name an example.
    For phone calls it still feels a little awkward too sometimes.

I know the Passport is a performance machine, a pocket computer and it's great for viewing all kinds of content. But I miss the classic BlackBerry compactness and the easy handling of the legacy devices. Seems like the Classic would be the best choice for me at the moment, so maybe I'll switch.

I think it's still not an easy decision as both phones definitely have their major advantages. At the end I'll have to find out if I want to give up speed and a great screen for compactness and a classic keyboard, which I prefer.

I'm definitely not carrying around two private phones so using both is not an option.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:57 PM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:28 PM
    I came from the Q10 to the Passport and was having the same kind of mobility issue as you. It is a big device. So I switched my SIM back into my Q10 and tried an experiment. Was going to try and go a week but lasted only two days before I had to switch back.

I know the Q10 is not the Classic (and prior to the Passport the Q10 was best smartphone I had ever used) but, for me, the speed and screen Passport outweighs any mobile inconvenience the physical size might create. I really missed it.

That said, to each their own. I do not use the phone portion of the phone as much as others (also use headphones for calls) and text or email so I treat lot more as a tablet. Some folks might prefer the size of the Classic for the sake it is easier to pocket.

Hope your choice works for you!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:30 PM
    I also have both. Besides the screen it's the speed and keyboard. Once you are used swiping up the words it's really hard to go back. Typing is so much faster and scrolling also. Love the touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:24 PM
    Have them both and use them both. Just all depends on what mood I'm in and what I wear that day. Rotate the Passport and Classic. Also have my backups just in case(Z10+Z30). So I'm basically undecided of which one I prefer. The one thing I am sure of is that it will always and forever be a BERRY.....

Anyway when is the next DEVICE coming out?
    Anyone switched from a Passport to a Classic? Any regrets?-img_20150125_223101_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:13 AM
    The thing I hate most it taking it out of my pocket has become such a chore and when trying to ride my bike the phone is so fat that it makes it uncomfortable when riding. Gonna try the classic hope it's okay!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:37 AM
    Have them both and use them both. Just all depends on what mood I'm in and what I wear that day. Rotate the Passport and Classic. Also have my backups just in case(Z10+Z30). So I'm basically undecided of which one I prefer. The one thing I am sure of is that it will always and forever be a BERRY.....

Anyway when is the next DEVICE coming out?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_223101_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1773 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	334477

Posted via CB10
    Nice keyboard there. Can you kindly tell the brand and model?
    02-20-15 01:45 AM
    I was thinking the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:36 AM
    I was thinking the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    So was i!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:40 PM
    I've had a passport for a couple months now, I love it but it doesn't suit my active lifestyle as its too big. Thinking of selling it and getting the smaller Classic.

Anyone switched and regretted it?

Posted via CB10
    Buy a wee bag for your passport ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    02-21-15 12:40 PM
    had the passport for 5 months, found a deal to swap with a brand new classic..its been a week using the classic, i miss the big screen and better battery life, but so far i dont regret my decision..the classic just feels right on the hand, so compact and very comfortable to use...classic is the better daily driver imho, if u dont care that much consuming media and playing games then the classic hands down..with that said passport still a very good phone its a win win lol

Posted via CB10
    anon(1733) likes this.
    02-21-15 02:04 PM
    I think the keyboard it's the Zagg Universal Keyboard
    03-06-15 05:45 PM
    duplicate
    Last edited by daikku; 03-06-15 at 05:48 PM. Reason: duplicate
    03-06-15 05:47 PM
    I did. I still kept my Passport but the Classic is now my main phone and daily driver. I actually don't miss the screen size; the only thing I miss is the battery life. Other than that, I'm happy with the Classic. The typing experience is awesome. I keep finding (and making) reasons to text, message, or email stuff just so I could type on it, haha. And the toolbelt/trackpad just makes things easier.

Posted via CB10
    MidnightSociety likes this.
    03-08-15 10:20 AM
    I went from Passport to Classic. Passport does not allow for one handed operations. If you are in tight quarters, the Passport is not nimble for those who travel or are in constant motion...IMO that's just my personal experience....

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    03-08-15 12:45 PM
    I'm looking to sell mine now to buy the classic. Hope I can get a good price for it!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:13 AM
    Own them both. IMO the Passport is hands down the better device. However, that doesn't make it the most convenient. Sometimes convenience wins. In this case it has and I'm sticking with the Classic. It's just to me the perfect combination of BlackBerry 10 and the ToolBelt. I was a skeptic, but it's a great device.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-15-15 01:55 AM
    It's like going from a Porsche 911 to a Ford Focus.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    03-15-15 02:52 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport is the best but most inconvenient phone ever created!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:54 AM