Hi all

I have been using blackberry actively except its calendar.

No matter how I try to adapt to blackberry calendar, I always feel that its calendar interface is so much crippled compared to ease of use of Palm calendar.

Any former Palm users care to share on how you overcome this huge stumbling block?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:20 AM
    I used to use Agendus on a Treo, and still haven't found anything close to the features and usability that it gives...

Sorry, can't help you there, but I do share the pain..
    04-27-09 04:36 AM
    I used a Treo 700W for several years. I'd never voluntarily go back but I agree, the BlackBerry calendar while functional and at least for BES, tightly integrated with the corporate calendar app, seems like a primitive design compared to the WM implementation. I just smile and live with it :-)

04-27-09 07:02 AM
    I'm not a fan of notbveing able to color code within 1 calendar.

I DL and tried the free trial of PocketInformat from App world.

Try it and see if U like
    04-27-09 09:04 AM
    +1 for pocket informant. I used datebk5 for palm prior to coming to BB. PI is the closest thing i've found for a replacement. Not quite as good but gets the key things I need done. I'd recommend trying the free trial.

There is also calendarpro that is in beta right now. Not ready for prime time yet but what is there looks good and may have all of the functionality of PI when done.

Good luck.

04-27-09 09:53 AM
    +1 for pocket informant. I used datebk5 for palm prior to coming to BB. PI is the closest thing i've found for a replacement. Not quite as good but gets the key things I need done. I'd recommend trying the free trial.
    Is this Blackberry's implementation of PI as good as those in Pocket PC? I've used PPC's PI, they were robust & powerful.

Anyone encountered any lag, memory or sync issues when using PI?

04-27-09 11:48 AM
    There is a little lag with PIBB, but not bad. I have never had sync problem with it. I love that you can sync directly to outlook without using the BB pim. Infact my BB Calendar is hidden and never opened. It is empty. I have not had memory problems either.

One thing to remember wm pi is on like version 8 and PIBB is on public beta 1.6 and public 1.5. PIBB is a work in progress. I would be lost without it.

04-27-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD