I am with Sprint and currently have a Pearl 8130. It's a good phone, but I feel as if I need more memory and screen size. More keys would also be nice. I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to a curve, but now I see the Javelin (an updated Curve) and the Bold coming out. The Storm/Thunder is also out there as a possibility, but it's unproven of course.

I don't want to spend money on a Curve upgrade and then find out in 3 months that I could have waited and put that money into a Bold or a Javelin. That would be an expensive misstep.

Does anyone know what Sprint is coming out with in the near future? Should I hold out or just jump on the Curve now?
    09-23-08 11:35 AM
    I would personally just holdout at least about 30 days after the storm is released. Check that out and see if you like it. I talked to a verizon rep and they said an unlocked storm would run about $700. If you do like it you should be able to use it on the sprint network. after removing the vendor codes at least. I dont think the bold or javelin will honestly be coming to sprint anytime in the near future.
    09-23-08 12:27 PM
    The "Niagara" is rumored to be coming out on Sprint. Probably not until next year though. I think all of us that are on Sprint are gonna be stuck with the Curve for a while.
    09-23-08 01:03 PM
    is the niagara the javelin?
    09-23-08 05:48 PM
    A RIM rep that works with Sprint stated that the clamshell berry would be available with Sprint. They said by the end of the year but who can really tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD