I have been trying to purchase two apps using my paypal account. Never been a problem until yesterday January 21. Then I get this message? Any thoughts of what might be the issue and a solution. Thanks everyone
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone having trouble with Paypal payments on Classic?-img_20170122_150302_edit.jpg  
    01-22-17 02:19 PM
    Issues at PayPal are being reported.

Paypal down? Check current status | Down Detector

Anyone having trouble with Paypal payments on Classic?-screenshot-2017-01-22-23.28.40.png
    01-22-17 09:29 PM
    Issues at PayPal are being reported.

Paypal down? Check current status | Down Detector

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2017-01-22 23.28.40.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	416307
    Thanks B1aze for the update. I see i'm not the only one! It's a Global issue!
    01-24-17 09:46 AM
    Not able to see OP's error message so hope I'm not hijacking but I've been getting error PS1036lq when attempting to Paypal purchase BBW apps on Classic, this past day. No problem what so ever with BBW Paypal purchase over 9900. Why is Paypal discriminating? Lol.
    01-24-17 10:36 AM
    Not able to see OP's error message so hope I'm not hijacking but I've been getting error PS1036lq when attempting to Paypal purchase BBW apps on Classic, this past day. No problem what so ever with BBW Paypal purchase over 9900. Why is Paypal discriminating? Lol.
    Ok, after a week+ of trying everything and then some, including OS update, dumbing down PP password, etc, etc... I still wasn't able to assign PayPal payment option to BBW account thru my newer Classic. Frustrated, I assigned Classic's BB Id to an old 9900, logged on and assigned PP as payment method using old 9900. I then reassigned BB Id back to Classic and have since purchased quite a few apps thru Classic. Crazy, but worked. Fwiw.
    02-03-17 10:32 PM
    Ok, after a week+ of trying everything and then some, including OS update, dumbing down PP password, etc, etc... I still wasn't able to assign PayPal payment option to BBW account thru my newer Classic. Frustrated, I assigned Classic's BB Id to an old 9900, logged on and assigned PP as payment method using old 9900. I then reassigned BB Id back to Classic and have since purchased quite a few apps thru Classic. Crazy, but worked. Fwiw.
    I tried to do this with only one exception - it was Z10 instead Classic. After I entered the login data into my old 9900 there was the same "Unknown error" message on 9900's display. Sorry...
    03-05-17 05:37 AM
    I tried to do this with only one exception - it was Z10 instead Classic. After I entered the login data into my old 9900 there was the same "Unknown error" message on 9900's display. Sorry...
    Bummer. I never saw an "unknown error" message, tho. The error I got was "PS1036lq" "...please try again later...". Like OP got.

Idk about "unknown error"?? The spare 9930 I used was not activated to a network. Only wifi. Upon entering my Classic's BBid into the non-activated 9930, it mentioned that the BBid was in use elsewhere and asked if to transfer to this handset... In so many words... I gave it permission to transfer to the non-activated wifi 9930 and then went to BBW on the 9930 and they then let me setup & enter PayPal info like always, no problem. I then pulled battery from 9930 to assure it was no longer detected anywhere and fired up Classic and entered BBid & permitted it to transfer BBid to Classic and then went to BBW and it's worked "normally" since.

Everything about ANY of this is utterly ridiculous. No wonder BB10 app ecosystem failed... Customers can't pay for apps!!! And this has been going on for YEARS!! And these BB clowns dream of success in the software world??!! Rothflmao...

Since it worked fine on 9930, I'm not believing for an instant that mine & OP's problem was "PayPal's fault"... Fwiw. Dunno about your "Unkown error" tho. Sorry.
    NAA1 likes this.
    03-05-17 06:19 AM
    Hi All,
    In case anyone is still having PayPal issues on BB10, I hope I'm not being insulting / stating the obvious here; but I take it you have done the following (published on the BlackBerry site)? :

Overview

When prompted to enter the PayPal credentials in BlackBerry World,*after*entering*the*credentials the following error message is displayed in red:

We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later.* (PS1036lq)

Note: This can occur when attempting to enter PayPal login information through the BlackBerry World app or in Settings > Payment Options.

Resolution
    Delete*and*then*add*the*PayPal account*payment method from*BlackBerry World*on*the*BlackBerry*10 smartphone*following*these*steps:

Open BlackBerry World on*the*BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    Select Payment Options
    If*prompted*for*BlackBerry ID credentials then*enter*them*now.
    If a PayPal payment method exists*then tap it and select Delete.
    Press the + button and select PayPal as an additional Payment Method.
    Enter the*PayPal Credentials.
    Set PayPal as the default payment method.
    Workaround

Change the payment method to something other than PayPal if available.

To confirm the payment method is now set to use PayPal:

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings > Payment Options.
    Your PayPal address should be listed as your method of payment.

If not, I hope this cracks it for you!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 12:35 AM