I have found most of the apps that I were missing from Amazon and 1mobile that I needed to make my Z30 AWESOME!!! But some of them do not work that well...Should they work the same as on my Galaxy Note 3?

Bank of America and Sirius XM are two examples of apps not working well on my Z30

anyone else experiencing this???
    03-29-14 06:43 AM
    I use Bank of America and is working. Not sure what well means to you? I usually just open the app to check if I need to make a payment and to see the transactions and balance.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    03-29-14 06:58 AM
    I use Bank of America and is working. Not sure what well means to you? I usually just open the app to check if I need to make a payment and to see the transactions and balance.

I deposit checks, transfer money..... and what I mean by "well" is that it doesn't work as smoothly as my GN3... Yesterday for example.. I was trying to deposit a check and it would not accept it... I pulled out my GN3 and it took it no problem.... It is slow to load and has a long lagtime loading
    03-29-14 07:03 AM
    Anyone having problems with certain google apps downloaded from Amazon and 1mobile?-img_20140329_080739.png

I'm not using all that options so maybe I will have the same problems like you. I attached the application version number. If your app is older then I recommend you downloading Snap and install apps from there. Snap is the android app store made by a Crackberry member and is using the apps from Google Play. People here on the forums are saying Snap has the biggest library and latest app versions because of the Google Play connection.

03-29-14 07:12 AM
    That is the same version that I have.... If I side load snap than I will have access to the actual Google store? are you suggesting that the Amazon and 1mobile sites are "knock-offs" of the google apps?
    03-29-14 07:22 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

When I got first time 10.2.1 OS on my phone I downloaded Amazon and 1Mobile also. I wasn't sure how to side load Snap so I used this two. But once I side loaded Snap I never looked back. Is made for BB10 and is great. If you need help side loading I can tell you how to do it.
    Also make sure you upgrade your BB10 OS to the latest leak because every new OS update has a newer android runtime which will help the android apps work better.

anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-29-14 07:27 AM
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+ - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

When I got first time 10.2.1 OS on my phone I downloaded Amazon and 1Mobile also. I wasn't sure how to side load Snap so I used this two. But once I side loaded Snap I never looked back. Is made for BB10 and is great. If you need help side loading I can tell you how to do it.
    Also make sure you upgrade your BB10 OS to the latest leak because every new OS update has a newer android runtime which will help the android apps work better.

Thanks for the advice... but I am not a "side-loading" type of guy..... I use smartphones... not build them.....I have been a huge Blackberry fan forever and am trying very hard to stay with them.... but it gets frustrating to have to deal with trying to get apps.. .when I could pull out my GN3 and just download them....

sorry for venting... but I am sitting here with my Z30 and my GN3 and want to love the Z30 more but it is getting tough to justify....
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-29-14 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the advice... but I am not a "side-loading" type of guy..... I use smartphones... not build them.....I have been a huge Blackberry fan forever and am trying very hard to stay with them.... but it gets frustrating to have to deal with trying to get apps.. .when I could pull out my GN3 and just download them....

sorry for venting... but I am sitting here with my Z30 and my GN3 and want to love the Z30 more but it is getting tough to justify....
    Good points. Side loading Android apps is not the answer.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-29-14 08:06 AM

Once you have Snap on your phone you will be able to download all the apps you want directly from Snap. So the only app you will sideload is Snap.
    Snap will give you the best android app store experience on your BB10. Just give it a try I start enjoying downloading OS leaks and all this side loading. I love the hub and fluidity of BB10 OS to much to move to something else.

anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-29-14 08:17 AM

I'm not really a side loading guy either, but I tried it and it's easy. That being said, I do it rarely. As for Android apps, I understand your frustration. I still feel limited, albeit very slightly, by the "app gap", in that some Android apps don't run or run slowly. That being said, for me, it is a tiny price to pay for what I do day in and day out with my phone. Personally, I would be more frustrated using an S4 for example (we have one in our family) for my purposes as opposed to my Z30; the OS really works for what I do. Of course I would love to see the "app gap" completely closed, but even if it stays the way it is now, I'm OK with things.
    As for what store to use, my first Android preference is Amazon as I believe I can buy paid apps through my account (haven't tried it yet, so I may be wrong). I also have Snap installed in case (rarely) I can't find an app on Amazon.
    03-29-14 12:12 PM