Guys-
    I have a 7100i from Nextel. The only reason I don't upgrade is because I have nextel antennas hooked up around my building at work. I get an ultra great signal anywhere in the building. If I was to get a sprint phone, I would not get that same signal if any in certain parts of the building. I'm used to not missing any calls and the direct connect feature. If the Nextel side would come out with a curve, 8800 or whatever the case, I would jump on it in an heartbeat. So again, does anyone have a way of finding out if the Nextel side of sprint will come out with the Sprint type Blackberries, but still capable of the Nextel technology?? Thanks!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-08 10:16 AM
    It is doubtful anytime soon.
    01-21-08 10:35 AM
    I wouldn't invest any more money in anything Nextel....
    01-21-08 12:20 PM
    By the looks of the new Samsung phone coming out with Q Chat I don't see Nextel being around much longer.
    01-21-08 12:27 PM
    I read somewhere (a forum maybe?) That RIM announced they definitely would not be making anymore blackberries for nextel. Im sure if you researched a little bit you would discover that. I wouldn't be surprised if it is true, its not much of a stretch.
    01-21-08 04:41 PM
    I have just recently ended my contract with Nextel and sold my 7100i in search of a better phone and cheaper service... I was told by a Sprint rep that they are highly doubtful that Nextel will be coming out w/ somethin new and that eventually it'll just be best to xfer over to Sprint free of charge if I was looking for a better phone(blackberry)...I decided to just leave the comp all together after 2 1/2 years of serv. last week....
    01-21-08 04:50 PM
    Yeah, Sprint is definitely on the decline. At the rate they are spiraling down, they are priming themselves for a takeover or a buyout. It may be a hostile takeover at that. But I can definitely see Verizon and At & T eyeing them. Buy Sprint, sell the Iden network. Make money and inherit a bunch of customers that will most likely be happy you are in charge instead of Sprint.
    01-21-08 04:56 PM
    After the issues Sprint had with laying off some of it's work base (along with billing and customer service issues), I jumped over to AT&T last week. I got the Red Curve and am loving it. It seems like the Nextel part of it really isn't getting the kind of attention it should have when they merged. They've been fighting to get their speed level high (and are looking into WIMAX connections - kind of like 4G), but while they're doing that, the Nextel fusion's really week. 2 Separate kinds of network under one umbrella seems to equal chaos.
    01-21-08 05:31 PM
    I believe Sprint is going to phase out Nextel IDEN network and only have Sprint CDMA network.
    01-21-08 06:11 PM
    I don't see the Nextel side of sprint going anywhere there are to many businesses & goverment sectors who utilize the nextel network. The Nextel name will not be around it will just be sprint but the Nextel technology is here to stay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-08 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD