I'm still deciding whether to jump from 9800 to Note 2 or not. So I'm just looking at random videos.

This, I was just reading the comments. Beware, 90% of them seem stupid, especially if it has caps lock.
    10-08-12 07:15 AM
    What exactly is it ripping off?
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    10-08-12 07:28 AM
    All the mobile OS rip each other off these days. It's just a big melting pot of capabilities and features.
    Alex_Hong and richardat like this.
    10-08-12 07:49 AM
    Anyone feel BB10 is ripping off iOS, Symbian etc?
    Why would I feel that the company who invented the smart phone addiction is ripping off the companies that came later?
    JR A, Cesare21, GTiLeo and 1 others like this.
    10-08-12 08:26 AM
    Have a look at Hein's keynote presentation as well. And tell me you do not love the way they make to device go to sleep at the end and set the alarm.
    It just cool.
    10-08-12 08:40 AM
    I'm not sure what is being copied or ripped off...
    JR A likes this.
    10-08-12 08:48 AM
    Look, all (or most) cars have 4 wheels, two or more doors, a paint, a trunk, a hood, headlights, seats, a steering wheel, a floor... Some even share the same engine and transmission... These are standards.

What's your point? BlackBerry 10 is an all new platform with obviously some minor standard details that might look familiar with either BBOS, Android, iOS, WPH, and others.
    JR A, mu4e, Wasp14 and 1 others like this.
    10-08-12 08:50 AM
    Poor chose of words I guess...
    10-08-12 08:54 AM
    ...the company who invented the smart phone addiction...
    Never seen that one before.
    At least you didn't claim they invented the smart phone
    waker likes this.
    10-08-12 08:56 AM
    I'm still deciding whether to jump from 9800 to Note 2 or not. So I'm just looking at random videos.

This, I was just reading the comments. Beware, 90% of them seem stupid, especially if it has caps lock.
    I'm going to quote myself from a previous thread:

"BB10 is the culmination of every type of UX we've ever known, taken to a whole new level. Out of the box elegance really means, that they've brought back buttons, hidden panels, swipe down menues, tabs and all the other user interface paradigms under one hood and manage them all via gestures.

this is done to make the UI obvious to users. it will be "new" but at the same time very familiar."
    10-08-12 08:57 AM
    i hope this is not how the phone will look like at final stage. its ugly...
    10-08-12 02:05 PM
    i hope this is not how the phone will look like at final stage. its ugly...
    No, it won't... -.- Do some research...
    10-08-12 02:09 PM
    Lol.. if anything, maybe RIM should have ripped others off years ago.

Look around, all the devices out there have elements from each other mixed into them.
    mikeo007 and JR A like this.
    10-08-12 02:13 PM
    Innovation is the result of influences.....OP you do realize that all the OS's you mention were a product of their influences.
    JR A likes this.
    10-08-12 03:10 PM
    BB10 has nothing to do with ios. Here is 10 reasons why the iphone5 and ios sucks
    10 Reasons Why The iPhone 5 Sucks | Elite Daily
    10-08-12 03:22 PM
    People try to explain what they do not understand and compare it with something they know. Like those who have seen a UFO and compare it to a flying saucer. Did people really see a saucer flying in the air or did they see something they don't know or understand? BB10 is like a UFO from out of this world or is it really just a secret advanced technology created by the QNX / blackberry teams? Are the simple minded ios or andriod users/techs looking a BB10 pointing in the air in amazement and thinking it's a flying saucer?
    10-08-12 04:09 PM
    Well it is a rectangle with rounded corners. Apple owns that.
    10-08-12 04:27 PM
    If anything its closer to Webos than anything else. Ripoff? No. Each has its similarity's. Their all icon app launchers! If anyones been ripped off it would definitely be RIM and Palm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    axeman1000 likes this.
    10-08-12 04:40 PM
    Never seen that one before.
    At least you didn't claim they invented the smart phone

Well Henry Ford didnt invent the car either, but the world saw what he done with it.
    Barljo likes this.
    10-08-12 04:44 PM
    BB10 has nothing to do with ios. Here is 10 reasons why the iphone5 and ios sucks
    10 Reasons Why The iPhone 5 Sucks | Elite Daily
    That list is a joke.
    Rello and red_devil_fan_1999 like this.
    10-08-12 05:47 PM
    There has been rumblings and working of BB10 for a year and some now. OS6 just gained momentum and came out (rather buggy I may add) after the Blackberry Jam seminars started taking place!

Wanna ask the copying question again???? Really? :~)
    10-08-12 06:25 PM
    That list is a joke.
    It was posted by a joke; makes sense.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-08-12 06:26 PM
    Anyone else feel that Apple is ripping off Microsoft?
    Anyone else feel that Google is ripping off Apple?
    Anyone else feel that Aliyun is ripping off Google?
    The list goes on and on, right down to the people who stole the credit for the internet from Al Gore.
    10-08-12 06:38 PM
    It was posted by a joke; makes sense.

iPhone5 is a joke. The joke is also on the ifans who are to stupid to wake up. The biggest joke are the ifans who post on a blackberry fan site trying to pretend their are bb fans. Another joke is how the ifans never want to debate an article pointing out valid reasons of why the
    The iphone5 is a joke. Purple pictures? You are aiming it wrong. Apple is a joke for the jokers of the world.
    10-08-12 10:57 PM
    iPhone OS pretty much set the standard of what an OS "looks like" on the home screen. Apple has even sued Samsung for riding the look. Rows of icons that have dots at the bottom indicating page numbers swiped across the screen for navigation of "Apps" with phone carrier, battery, time, other info, etc in the top bar. If in that respect the LOOK of iOS home screen and navigation is what is being "ripped off", then yes it is very uncreative in that respect. Maybe Apple won't bother to sue them like they did Samsung for doing the same thing. I would have liked to seen BB come up with their own navigation ideas and home screen layout. From there however I believe the entire OS is a ground up build and doesn't actually resemble iOS sandbox.

I would have GREATLY appreciated them making it look like it's own BlackBerry design instead of the industry standard iOS style navigation and home screen. It's a boring layout and now one that is 5+ years old. I didn't leave 6 years of iPhone ownership to come over and imitate the iOS look on a device with half the resale of an iDevice and not even a useable percentage of apps in comparison. I came over to BB and bought a 9900 because it was the most unique phone on the market compared to everything else out there from it's navigation to it's look and home screen. The integration and usability is unmatched. It is not like any of the android/idevice phones and their "all looks the same" boring navigation and where every single app seems to intentionally work against the other one independently. Now they want to put a full touch screen device out with the exact same navigation look....... disappointing. I hope they work on the navigation before it's final release. I have no doubt it will be a superior OS.
    10-08-12 10:59 PM
46 12