I can't get past the TCP test screen, whereupon it says Vlingo servers are temporarily unavailable. Been like that for the past couple of days.. Anyone else seeing this problem? I've seen a couple of other posts discuss about it but I'm wondering how widespread it is or is it localized to a few certain factors to pinpoint the source of the problem. I have the Plus version if that helps, but I'm getting the same error message with the basic version as well.
    12-15-12 04:50 AM
    Funnily enough, I re-installed Vlingo this morning and am seeing the same error.
    12-15-12 06:33 AM
    Mine works fine. I'm on wifi at the moment, though.
    12-15-12 09:46 AM
    I was having trouble with my 9800 after coupling to my Bluetooth. It would not go back to hand set mode for dictation. Safereader worked fine. Did battery pull now it's all good on or off WiFi.
    12-15-12 11:41 AM
    Same problem for me. So I have uninstalled it for the time being.
    12-15-12 11:44 AM
    Could it be server upgrades due to the new changes they've been engaged in recently?
    Mobile Assistant & Voice to Text App - Dragon Mobile Apps
    12-15-12 12:20 PM
    Is dragon affiliated with Vlingo? I thought it was Nuance mobile that purchased them. It seems to be that if you uninstall and reinstall it, it will stop working, but if you have it presently installed it will be fine
    12-15-12 12:25 PM
    Vlingo is now Dragon Mobile Apps. Nuance...
    http://blog.vlingo.com/nuance-close-acquisition-vlingo/
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-15-12 12:26 PM
    Oh wow, first I'm hearing this. Well hopefully it starts working again. My fingers are cramping up when typing.
    12-15-12 05:55 PM
    Mine works fine. I'm on wifi at the moment, though.
    Same for me....
    I will check via mobile/TCP when I go out later...
    12-15-12 06:00 PM
    It seems to be that if you uninstall and reinstall it, it will stop working, but if you have it presently installed it will be fine
    Quite possible. Just like the recent Google Maps fiasco.
    I just upgraded to .794 on the 9th and everything is working just fine for me.
    12-15-12 06:03 PM
    I will check via mobile/TCP when I go out later...
    LoL. Brain Fart Alert!...
    OK, why didn't I just think of turning WiFi off?
    Anyway, Yes, it is still working just fine for me on the T-Mobile network....

I hope you guys get it sorted out soon.
    12-15-12 06:11 PM
    Still no good as of today... think it's a new app installation issue. Any alternatives to suggest?
    12-17-12 04:09 PM
    Oh, I am so frustrated. I love my Blackberry, and I'm trying so hard to keep loving it when I get teased for using Blackberry...but losing Google maps AND Vlingo just because I did the recommended upgrade (to #1997) ....grrr! I need my VLINGO. and Maps.
    12-17-12 04:39 PM
    I am having the same issue last couple of days Bold 9900 have reinstalled nothing same problem.
    12-17-12 05:34 PM
    Google Maps issue has already been resolved, look for the thread on this forum. As for vlingo, I received the following response, so I think we'll get it back in time (hopefully):

Casey (Nuance Mobility)
    Dec 18 09:21 am (PST)

Hello,

We have determined that you are having this problem because of a server error at Vlingo. Our engineers have identified the problem and are diligently working on a fix. We hope to restore your access to our application as soon as possible.

I am leaving your ticket open and I will send out a response notifying you when the servers are up and running again. We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
    Casey M
    Vlingo Support
    12-18-12 03:49 PM
    Just an update, if anyone cares - Vlingo SHOULD be working now if you redownload it.
    12-20-12 12:15 PM
    Okay, I need to say that all is well. Vlingo was down for about a week, but I got it back - Yay!
    Also, I followed the suggested fix on Google Maps, using v.3, which was fine, but still couldn't get it to upgrade to the current version right away. However I tried a couple more times over the next few days, and it worked.
    01-09-13 11:08 PM