Every single article that phonedog writes about Blackberry has a degrading title. Check out today's article title "do you think Blackberry stands a chance in today's market?".

The guys give negative reviews for every single BB device, most likely because they cant think outside the box of android and their MASSIVE 4.3 screens. Get real!

Maybe they should rename their site to: androidgivesreacharounds.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xmatter; 05-02-11 at 11:30 AM.
    05-02-11 11:28 AM
    Funny. I know Aaron from PhoneDog and he's here in Orlando... he's a good guy and actually does like BlackBerry a lot, even if the headlines don't reflect it. But I'll go beat him up for you.... get him writing some nicer BlackBerry headlines.
    05-02-11 11:40 AM
    A David Spade "rabbit punch" should do the trick.

Thanks Kevin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 11:44 AM
    What I also get tired of, is companies who put developing apps for Blackberry's on hold, to work on apps for Android and Window's phones. Some appear to have been working on an app for BB, and stopped mid-way, to work on the same app for other OS's.
    05-02-11 11:58 AM
    probably likes it a lot to the point of being quite critical of the BB devices :P
    05-02-11 12:16 PM
    What I also get tired of, is companies who put developing apps for Blackberry's on hold, to work on apps for Android and Window's phones. Some appear to have been working on an app for BB, and stopped mid-way, to work on the same app for other OS's.
    That's just a sound business decisions.
    05-02-11 12:28 PM
    I know what I like and don't care much for reading reviews except to check device specs. Just because one person degrades it means nothing as to whether I'll like it or not. Device specifications is what I look at.
    05-02-11 01:01 PM
    you know to tell you the truth I could care less what the review sites say about Blackberry !

I needed a new smartphone and went out and got the best phone for my needs which is emails and to a lesser degree social purposes such as txt'g, BBM & Facebook. Not really sure anybody but me knows what I need

For my wife she really likes her Driod X but will probably switch to the iPhone at some point......to each their own !!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-02-11 01:27 PM
    These types of headlines are what is hurting RIM the most imho. While the stock has dipped, RIM's biggest problem is losing mind share more than anything else. People bash them and they appear to be less relevant. I know several people that have left the BB platform because of the hype of android or the iphone and/or the perception that BB is stale, slow and antiquated. It is very foolish, but lets face it, trends shape and create markets. Right now RIM is losing its luster in the high end phone market. Sadly, I don't think it will change until QNX phones come out. I am hoping the new bold touch and monaco will be a good foothold until some really amazing devices take full advantage of everything QNX has to offer. In the end RIM may be in the best position of all cell phone makers, but there will probably be a fair amount of blood shed until then.
    05-02-11 01:29 PM
    I know several people that have left the BB platform because of the hype of android or the iphone and/or the perception that BB is stale, slow and antiquated...
    Yes, and my fear is that RIM's devices are becoming more Android-like in an attempt to wow the consumers back... at the expense of the simplicity and productivity BBs are (were?) famous for.

I'm all for Liquid Graphics or whatever it is, and all the other Wow! Cool! new features... but only if they make our BBs easier to use and get things done with.

But simplicity and ease of use aren't much fun to write about, lol.
    05-02-11 01:43 PM
    I was sitting in the press room, minding my own business and finishing up some work, when I heard someone sneak up behind me. I looked back just as the suspect delivered a roundhouse kick to my forehead. I fell to the ground in tremendous pain, and as I looked up, I saw someone running off with a t-shirt that said "#1 BlackBerry Fanboy." Was it Chuck Norris? I don't know!
    05-02-11 03:32 PM
    I personally don't care what reviewers say. Most of the tech reviewers don't seem to have a technical background anyway which I think should be a requirement for the job. If they speak negatively about an iDevice they'll be banned from future iEvents. Maybe RIM should take Apple's Stalinistic/Jobsian approach to negative reviews. I'll look at the new BB phones coming out and decide for myself how they stack up to the competition. I know that my Playbook is the best tablet my money could buy in both hardware and OS even though it was trashed in reviews, and I've tried the big iPod Touch and Xoom.
    05-02-11 03:52 PM
    I was sitting in the press room, minding my own business and finishing up some work, when I heard someone sneak up behind me. I looked back just as the suspect delivered a roundhouse kick to my forehead. I fell to the ground in tremendous pain, and as I looked up, I saw someone running off with a t-shirt that said "#1 BlackBerry Fanboy." Was it Chuck Norris? I don't know!
    Lol- Kevin always has our best interests at heart. Now be nice- and like my mom used to say- "if you don't have anything nice to say- don't say anything"! jk. Good to see you have a sense of humor!
    05-03-11 11:17 PM
    You can find a negative review for every product ever made. Just ignore the ones that seems overkill.
    05-04-11 08:01 AM
    I'm actually annoyed about any OS flaming another OS.
    Unless they get flamed first.

The OS's have good things for each one. Liking it or hating it is your problem.
    I just don't like Apple for the whole Antennagate 9700 thing. That made me mad.

Only Kevin can get away with making more than 1 Account.
    05-04-11 08:07 AM
    I dont let it bother me. In fact it makes me laugh. Because I know its all due to the Android bandwagon. After having an android and than a blackberry I can say without a doubt that BB is much more stable when it comes to battery issues, security issues and data hog issues.(I dont feel I need to micromanage my phone all day long) Yeah it may not have all the bells and whistles of android, but you know most of the bells and whistles are just that and have no value to me whatsoever. They are just toys.
    05-04-11 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD