I had this problem with my 9900 and am very disappointed to see it come back. A lot of times when I put my Q10 down on a table the screen goes black and the device reboots. Sometimes it even does it when I slide it into my pocket and bumps into my ipod or when I tap it with my finger. Have you guys experienced this? Try letting your phone fall out of your hand a few inches from your table.

After doing some online searching it turns out a *lot* of people have been having this problem and it's due to a hardware problem of the battery being slightly too small for its compartment and thus being moved from its connectors every time the phone gets a little jolt. I read online about a solution which involved sliding a piece of paper next to the battery to keep it in place, which besides being a ludicrous thing to have to do with a 600 dollar device, didn't actually solve my problem.

I still have warranty and I wanted to know if this is a known hardware issue that has been fixed already. If it has been I'll be returning this Q10 for another one but if newer models still have this problem I dont want to go through the troubles of backing up my phone and waiting for a new one.

This is literally the only downside ive experienced with the Q10 and it sucks that it has to be such a huge one.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:23 AM
    I had this issue with my Q10 and sent it back for replacement. The new phone does not do this.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:25 AM
    Really? Even after you drop it a little bit? I dont mean to question you I just want to make sure the problem has been resolved before I get another device.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:50 AM
    Really? Even after you drop it a little bit? I dont mean to question you I just want to make sure the problem has been resolved before I get another device.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the solution would be to get a proper fitting battery.
    02-21-14 07:56 AM
    Yeah it's a known 'loose battery' problem

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 07:57 AM
    Sounds like the solution would be to get a proper fitting battery.
    Can I get different sized batteries?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:00 AM
    Can I get different sized batteries?

Posted via CB10
    You said you found some betters weren't manufactured correctly so I assume getting your carrier to replace your with one that was manufactured correctly would fix the issue.
    02-21-14 08:49 AM
    Happened on my z10 once. Dropped it 5" on the table and killed it. Thought it was done for good but it rebooted fine and hasn't happened since on much harder falls. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:01 AM
    I've caught my z10 doing it ONLY after sending a text or Bbm i tried to replicate the issue by smacking it around a bit with no luck this never happened before the latest update oddly enough. i will try the paper trick just to see if it helps.
    02-21-14 09:08 AM
    I've caught my z10 doing it ONLY after sending a text or Bbm i tried to replicate the issue by smacking it around a bit with no luck this never happened before the latest update oddly enough. i will try the paper trick just to see if it helps.
    I find it unlikely that if it never did it before the update that a loose battery would be the issue. Sounds more like the update is the issue.
    02-21-14 09:43 AM
    Yup happened to me when I had my Q10.

Nothing with my z10 though

8530 - 9670 - Palm Pre - Palm Pixi - 9930 - iPhone 4 - Z10 - HTC One - S3 - S4 - Q10 - Z10 STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 09:44 AM
    to be honest i am amazed , i dropped my z30 on its face at night i forgot its wired to the charger , it went down full speed and nothing happened at all ...love blackberry
    I had this problem with my 9900 and am very disappointed to see it come back. A lot of times when I put my Q10 down on a table the screen goes black and the device reboots. Sometimes it even does it when I slide it into my pocket and bumps into my ipod or when I tap it with my finger. Have you guys experienced this? Try letting your phone fall out of your hand a few inches from your table.

After doing some online searching it turns out a *lot* of people have been having this problem and it's due to a hardware problem of the battery being slightly too small for its compartment and thus being moved from its connectors every time the phone gets a little jolt. I read online about a solution which involved sliding a piece of paper next to the battery to keep it in place, which besides being a ludicrous thing to have to do with a 600 dollar device, didn't actually solve my problem.

I still have warranty and I wanted to know if this is a known hardware issue that has been fixed already. If it has been I'll be returning this Q10 for another one but if newer models still have this problem I dont want to go through the troubles of backing up my phone and waiting for a new one.

This is literally the only downside ive experienced with the Q10 and it sucks that it has to be such a huge one.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:57 AM
    I've had that problem. heres how to deal with it-
    1. take a bit of paper
    2.fold it to make it thick
    3.insert it in between the battery and the phone wall/edge/margin, whatever you call it.
    4.it'll be tight
    no more reboots

thank me
    02-21-14 10:30 AM
    Picture of what some people are describing. Solved my similar issue, never had that problem since.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:10 PM
    Can also be a faulty battery, my Z10 battery was not loose but the phone also rebooted I put it on the table... replacing the battery fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-14 12:37 PM
    My Q10 does this sometimes. I'm surprised because it seems like the contacts are spring loaded and shouldn't really happen.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-21-14 12:43 PM
    Loose battery issue, my wife's Q10 had it mine never did, easily fixed by putting a piece of paper as thick as a call card on the battery and then putting the cover on. Tacky, but it works and no one but you knows its there.....
    02-21-14 12:56 PM
    I used a sliced up sponge to settle the battery, in the q10 as it became loose also. Paper or whatever would solve it as well.

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-21-14 02:00 PM
    My Q10 does this sometimes. I'm surprised because it seems like the contacts are spring loaded and shouldn't really happen.

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    You should also make sure the battery contacts are clean so when it does happen to move a bit, it doesn't loose the electrical contact. My Q10 did it once, I cleaned both the battery and the phone contacts with a Qtip and a bit of alcohol and it never happened again.

The original Motorola flip phones had this problem when the contacts were dirty. Since the battery was external, if the battery was moved a bit when you were holding the phone, the phone would reboot. The solution was to keep the battery contacts clean.
    02-21-14 02:14 PM
    :O had this exact thing happen multiple times with no Z10, first thing I thought of was connectors but it just seems like a weird thing because when I look their attached nicely, i even tried physically pushing the battery down from the connectors and it stayed on.

Also, it's not consistent, more consistent when it's just happened (I dropped it, and it happened then I just held it moved my hands up then down quickly and it happened again, but a few hours later sane motion or even dropping it won't have the same effect)

Interestingly, it's happened less and less with each OS update though I can't for the life of me think how this could be related (except maybe some motion sensor related bug or something) given the reboot time of BlackBerry it can be quite annoying, especially if I was listening to music or something..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-21-14 04:02 PM
    My Z10 has started rebooting after minor shock/impact since last few days. I am using this phone since last 15 months. Previously reboot was very rare, once in 10-15 days but now it is very frequent. Recently I have upgraded to 10.3.1 version & I feel the problem has increased after upgradation. My battery is original which came with the phone.

Ravi Modi.
    03-10-15 09:21 AM
    I had this with 10.3.1 leak last summer. Went away after further upgrade with another leak.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:14 AM
    I'm in the same situation, since upgrading to 10.3.1 all I have to do is gently throw my Z10 on my bed from about 2 feet away and it reboots

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:48 AM
    Never heard about this. I know some Q10s have loose batteries so they reboot (mine never did) but I never saw it linked to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:50 AM
    My wife's Z10 does this. Battery looses contact. I put a piece of business card at the bottom. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:32 PM
30 12