I have never owned a blackberry phone, but I fell in love with the QNX OS from the day I played with the Playbook and have been coming to Crackberry ever since to get news about BB10.

My first smartphone was an Windows based HTC and since then i've owned iPhones ever since ( 3G, 3GS, 4).

In the past year, most people around me have switched from a blackberry to either an iPhone or Galaxy. I still know some hardcore BB users who will be waiting for BB10, but I seem to be the only one making the switch from iOS to BB10.

I was curious to know if anyone else will be making the switch from iPhone or Android to BB10 on Crackberry?
    sugbo and Jonesy1966 like this.
    11-26-12 01:49 PM
    Today I spoke with a sales rep at BestBuy who said he was. He has never owned a blackberry but as you mentioned has played with the playbook and loves it.
    11-26-12 02:22 PM
    I'll be going from an OS7 to BB10 for sure....
    11-26-12 02:45 PM
    I've been using the iPhone 4S since my 9900 bricked. I still use the PlayBook though and love BlackBerry ... I will be switching to BB10 once it comes out.
    11-26-12 02:55 PM
    I will check it out in stores when it comes out and see how I like it. I'm liking my iphone right now so I don't know. I still have some love for blackberry so I will see.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    11-26-12 03:01 PM
    I've switched from ipad to playbook. When I was on the ipad my girlfriend always bothered me to use it. Since I am with the playbook she still wants it so to get rid of the problem I bought another playbook. But then I got an other issue, she can't used the bridge so I bought her a brand new BB curve. God she cost so much anyone wants a girlfriend... Comes fully equip with a curve and a playbook
    11-26-12 03:14 PM
    I've switched from ipad to playbook. When I was on the ipad my girlfriend always bothered me to use it. Since I am with the playbook she still wants it so to get rid of the problem I bought another playbook. But then I got an other issue, she can't used the bridge so I bought her a brand new BB curve. God she cost so much anyone wants a girlfriend... Comes fully equip with a curve and a playbook
    I'll pass.... to needy...
    11-26-12 03:17 PM
    You're right it's a curve 9300
    11-26-12 03:24 PM
    I left for an Android device (SGS3), but plan on coming back to BB10 whenever it's available.
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-26-12 03:43 PM
    Yep. My 9930 bricked a few days ago so I had to switch back to my 4S (used it as a wifi only device).
    Will be switching to BB10 once my upgrade comes up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-26-12 03:44 PM
    I'm going to have both ... does that count?
    11-26-12 04:00 PM
    I left for an Android device (SGS3), but plan on coming back to BB10 whenever it's available.
    Most people who have the SGS3 say they love the phone. I've played with it and it's really slick. If BB10 disappoints at launch, then I'll be going for a SGS for sure.
    11-27-12 12:24 AM
    I have both an iPhone 5 and a Bold 9900.

I'm waiting to pre-order BlackBerry 10. Sooo keen!
    11-27-12 04:24 AM
    Me. I bought a Curve, because i couldn't take it anymore with iPhone. Going to upgrade to bb10 asap
    11-27-12 04:41 AM
    My wife and I both switching from Iphone 4 to BB10. We cant wait...
    11-27-12 05:16 AM
    Most people who have the SGS3 say they love the phone. I've played with it and it's really slick. If BB10 disappoints at launch, then I'll be going for a SGS for sure.
    I never get how people can love the SGS3. The build quality is pathetic to put it mildly. Even the Samsung logo at the back feels cheap and plasticky. It does not feel like a premium phone..
    11-27-12 07:16 AM
    I never get how people can love the SGS3. The build quality is pathetic to put it mildly. Even the Samsung logo at the back feels cheap and plasticky. It does not feel like a premium phone..
    Build quality and ease of use is probably second to none (unless you are swayed by other factors). The G3 is an amazing phone. While you may not like the device sam, you can't honestly type that you 'never get how people can love the sgs3". It's pretty easy. Large screen, responsive, easy to use, and pretty good battery life. The phone is large, but doesn't seem as heavy as it should.

I can accept that you dislike it, but save the other stuff for another forum. Stop trolling. Try to keep it on topic. Thanks!!
    11-27-12 07:44 AM

Got any pictures?
    11-27-12 07:58 AM
    I have a completely open mind about which I phone I switch to when I am due to renew my contract next year. I'll see what I think of BB10 when it's actually released, and compare it to whatever else is available.

I have to be honest though what has me a bit more concerned when it comes to switching to a BB is the horrible luck my girlfriend has had with her BB. She doesn't abuse them by any means, but has had to have her phone replaced 3 times in under 2 years. I am not saying iPhones are perfect by any means, but I have been using the same iPhone 4 and abusing it way more for almost 3 years now with no issues. I only know one other person using a BB, and they have had some of the same issues. I am not forming an opinion based on 2 users, I am just saying when they are the only 2 people I know using BB and are both having issues, it does concern me a little.

BB10 will have been out for a couple of months before I have to renew, so it will give me some time to check it out.
    11-27-12 08:36 AM
    I have to be honest though what has me a bit more concerned when it comes to switching to a BB is the horrible luck my girlfriend has had with her BB. She doesn't abuse them by any means, but has had to have her phone replaced 3 times in under 2 years. I am not saying iPhones are perfect by any means, but I have been using the same iPhone 4 and abusing it way more for almost 3 years now with no issues. I only know one other person using a BB, and they have had some of the same issues. I am not forming an opinion based on 2 users, I am just saying when they are the only 2 people I know using BB and are both having issues, it does concern me a little.

BB10 will have been out for a couple of months before I have to renew, so it will give me some time to check it out.

I know how your GF feels. I had to have my Curve 8530 replaced so many times, the guy at the Sprint store knew my life history and I knew his. I was in there that much.

I do hope that this go around with BBX that the quality control is set a little higher than it has been in the past.
    11-27-12 09:32 AM
    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others. So if BB 10 retains the same features as the current torch, I'd switch. But I'll wait for a keyboard. Typing on the touch screen is very fast when typing words, but there are a not of things we type besides words....urls, names, words in foreign languages if you speak more than one...Etc. There are just so many times you save yourself a minute or two and embarrassing typos when you have a keyboard.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
    11-27-12 09:52 AM
    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others.
    Were you using your iPhone with your feet?
    11-27-12 09:57 AM
    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others. So if BB 10 retains the same features as the current torch, I'd switch. But I'll wait for a keyboard. Typing on the touch screen is very fast when typing words, but there are a not of things we type besides words....urls, names, words in foreign languages if you speak more than one...Etc. There are just so many times you save yourself a minute or two and embarrassing typos when you have a keyboard.
    I have an iPhone and I feel your pain. I've only discovered how inefficient iOS is when I got to using a Playbook. I will give you an example of a scenario where the iPhone is really inefficient ( I can only compare it to the Playbook, because i don't own a BB phone).

At night I like to read articles before I go to sleep on my phone. When I close the light I usually want to lower the brightness of the screen so that it is the lowest for reading in the dark.

Changing brightness on iPhone:

1. Tap the Home button to get out of the current App
    2. Scroll through your Apps to find the Settings App
    3. Click on the Settings App
    4. Scroll down to Brightness /Wallpaper
    5. Click on the Brightness/Wallpaper option
    6 .Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    7. Double tap the Home button to reveal the current active Apps
    8. Tap on the App you were using (ex: Browser)

Changing Brightness on Playbook:

1. Swipe from the corner of your App
    2. Touch the Battery Icon
    3. Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    DONE

This is just an example of 1 of the things that takes alot more time than it should. And this is just 1 of the many things that are just less efficient on the iPhone . Ex: going from 3g to Wifi, Connecting to a network, etc.
    11-30-12 02:01 PM
    Yes I am switching. Well I have. I had the iphone 4 for 2 years and switched to a 9930. BB10 touchscreen in February is where I'll end up.
    11-30-12 02:24 PM
    I have an iPhone and I feel your pain. I've only discovered how inefficient iOS is when I got to using a Playbook. I will give you an example of a scenario where the iPhone is really inefficient ( I can only compare it to the Playbook, because i don't own a BB phone).

At night I like to read articles before I go to sleep on my phone. When I close the light I usually want to lower the brightness of the screen so that it is the lowest for reading in the dark.

Changing brightness on iPhone:

1. Tap the Home button to get out of the current App
    2. Scroll through your Apps to find the Settings App
    3. Click on the Settings App
    4. Scroll down to Brightness /Wallpaper
    5. Click on the Brightness/Wallpaper option
    6 .Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    7. Double tap the Home button to reveal the current active Apps
    8. Tap on the App you were using (ex: Browser)

Changing Brightness on Playbook:

1. Swipe from the corner of your App
    2. Touch the Battery Icon
    3. Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    DONE

This is just an example of 1 of the things that takes alot more time than it should. And this is just 1 of the many things that are just less efficient on the iPhone . Ex: going from 3g to Wifi, Connecting to a network, etc.
    On the iPad:
    1. Double-tap home button which opens up the recent apps bar
    2. Swipe recent apps bar to the right
    3. Change brightness slider
    DONE

On Samsung Galaxy S3
    1. Pull down notification shade
    2. Change brightness slider (On ICS or later you can toggle pretty much any setting, lock orientation is a useful one)
    3. Raise the shade
    DONE

On Android, if you care to install "Display Brightness" app
    1. Swipe up and down the edge of the screen to desired brightness
    DONE

There are many Jailbreak apps on iOS to emulate the Android ability to quickly change settings.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    11-30-12 02:39 PM
51 123