Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
Like Tree27Likes
  1. koolrosh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    709 Posts
    Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Anyone else going from iOS to BB10?

    I have never owned a blackberry phone, but I fell in love with the QNX OS from the day I played with the Playbook and have been coming to Crackberry ever since to get news about BB10.

    My first smartphone was an Windows based HTC and since then i've owned iPhones ever since ( 3G, 3GS, 4).

    In the past year, most people around me have switched from a blackberry to either an iPhone or Galaxy. I still know some hardcore BB users who will be waiting for BB10, but I seem to be the only one making the switch from iOS to BB10.

    I was curious to know if anyone else will be making the switch from iPhone or Android to BB10 on Crackberry?
    Jonesy1966 and sugbo like this.
  2. Hello Blackberry World's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Today I spoke with a sales rep at BestBuy who said he was. He has never owned a blackberry but as you mentioned has played with the playbook and loves it.
  3. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,482 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I'll be going from an OS7 to BB10 for sure....
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  4. md03wx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    249 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I've been using the iPhone 4S since my 9900 bricked. I still use the PlayBook though and love BlackBerry ... I will be switching to BB10 once it comes out.
  5. Relletti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,341 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for my pin!
    #5  

    Default Re: Anyone else going from iOS to BB10?

    I will check it out in stores when it comes out and see how I like it. I'm liking my iphone right now so I don't know. I still have some love for blackberry so I will see.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
  6. colorwatch2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I've switched from ipad to playbook. When I was on the ipad my girlfriend always bothered me to use it. Since I am with the playbook she still wants it so to get rid of the problem I bought another playbook. But then I got an other issue, she can't used the bridge so I bought her a brand new BB curve. God she cost so much anyone wants a girlfriend... Comes fully equip with a curve and a playbook
  7. RoseBud68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,482 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorwatch2000 View Post
    I've switched from ipad to playbook. When I was on the ipad my girlfriend always bothered me to use it. Since I am with the playbook she still wants it so to get rid of the problem I bought another playbook. But then I got an other issue, she can't used the bridge so I bought her a brand new BB curve. God she cost so much anyone wants a girlfriend... Comes fully equip with a curve and a playbook
    I'll pass.... to needy...
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1


    Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
  8. colorwatch2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    You're right it's a curve 9300
  9. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,923 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463
    #9  

    Default

    I left for an Android device (SGS3), but plan on coming back to BB10 whenever it's available.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    bluetroll likes this.
  10. antheauxny's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    505 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default Anyone else going from iOS to BB10?

    Yep. My 9930 bricked a few days ago so I had to switch back to my 4S (used it as a wifi only device).
    Will be switching to BB10 once my upgrade comes up.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Current devices: iPhone 4S 32GB (Black) & Blackberry Bold 9930
  11. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,016 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,019 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I'm going to have both ... does that count?
  12. koolrosh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    709 Posts
    Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    I left for an Android device (SGS3), but plan on coming back to BB10 whenever it's available.
    Most people who have the SGS3 say they love the phone. I've played with it and it's really slick. If BB10 disappoints at launch, then I'll be going for a SGS for sure.
  13. higherdestiny's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    462 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I have both an iPhone 5 and a Bold 9900.

    I'm waiting to pre-order BlackBerry 10. Sooo keen!
  14. sydsam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Me. I bought a Curve, because i couldn't take it anymore with iPhone. Going to upgrade to bb10 asap
  15. sugbo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    35 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    My wife and I both switching from Iphone 4 to BB10. We cant wait...
  16. sam_b77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,734 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    Most people who have the SGS3 say they love the phone. I've played with it and it's really slick. If BB10 disappoints at launch, then I'll be going for a SGS for sure.
    I never get how people can love the SGS3. The build quality is pathetic to put it mildly. Even the Samsung logo at the back feels cheap and plasticky. It does not feel like a premium phone..
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

    Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
  17. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,923 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_b77 View Post
    I never get how people can love the SGS3. The build quality is pathetic to put it mildly. Even the Samsung logo at the back feels cheap and plasticky. It does not feel like a premium phone..
    Build quality and ease of use is probably second to none (unless you are swayed by other factors). The G3 is an amazing phone. While you may not like the device sam, you can't honestly type that you 'never get how people can love the sgs3". It's pretty easy. Large screen, responsive, easy to use, and pretty good battery life. The phone is large, but doesn't seem as heavy as it should.

    I can accept that you dislike it, but save the other stuff for another forum. Stop trolling. Try to keep it on topic. Thanks!!
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    Thanked by:
    GingerSnapsBack (11-27-2012) 
    Rello and Jonesy1966 like this.
  18. timmy t's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,311 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorwatch2000 View Post
    I've switched from ipad to playbook. When I was on the ipad my girlfriend always bothered me to use it. Since I am with the playbook she still wants it so to get rid of the problem I bought another playbook. But then I got an other issue, she can't used the bridge so I bought her a brand new BB curve. God she cost so much anyone wants a girlfriend... Comes fully equip with a curve and a playbook


    Got any pictures?
  19. torndownunit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I have a completely open mind about which I phone I switch to when I am due to renew my contract next year. I'll see what I think of BB10 when it's actually released, and compare it to whatever else is available.

    I have to be honest though what has me a bit more concerned when it comes to switching to a BB is the horrible luck my girlfriend has had with her BB. She doesn't abuse them by any means, but has had to have her phone replaced 3 times in under 2 years. I am not saying iPhones are perfect by any means, but I have been using the same iPhone 4 and abusing it way more for almost 3 years now with no issues. I only know one other person using a BB, and they have had some of the same issues. I am not forming an opinion based on 2 users, I am just saying when they are the only 2 people I know using BB and are both having issues, it does concern me a little.

    BB10 will have been out for a couple of months before I have to renew, so it will give me some time to check it out.
  20. GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torndownunit View Post
    I have to be honest though what has me a bit more concerned when it comes to switching to a BB is the horrible luck my girlfriend has had with her BB. She doesn't abuse them by any means, but has had to have her phone replaced 3 times in under 2 years. I am not saying iPhones are perfect by any means, but I have been using the same iPhone 4 and abusing it way more for almost 3 years now with no issues. I only know one other person using a BB, and they have had some of the same issues. I am not forming an opinion based on 2 users, I am just saying when they are the only 2 people I know using BB and are both having issues, it does concern me a little.

    BB10 will have been out for a couple of months before I have to renew, so it will give me some time to check it out.

    I know how your GF feels. I had to have my Curve 8530 replaced so many times, the guy at the Sprint store knew my life history and I knew his. I was in there that much.

    I do hope that this go around with BBX that the quality control is set a little higher than it has been in the past.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

    Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
  21. rek101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #21  

    Default Returned iphone five...sticking with blackberry

    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others. So if BB 10 retains the same features as the current torch, I'd switch. But I'll wait for a keyboard. Typing on the touch screen is very fast when typing words, but there are a not of things we type besides words....urls, names, words in foreign languages if you speak more than one...Etc. There are just so many times you save yourself a minute or two and embarrassing typos when you have a keyboard.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
  22. GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,686 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rek101 View Post
    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others.
    Were you using your iPhone with your feet?
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

    Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
  23. koolrosh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    709 Posts
    Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rek101 View Post
    I tried andriod and iphone. There's something painfully inefficient about them when you have to be responsive to others. When you're on subway entertaining yourself or playing with apps, the apple is great. But everything that takes 20 seconds and two clicks on a blackerry requires a minute or more on an iphone when you have to be responsive to others. So if BB 10 retains the same features as the current torch, I'd switch. But I'll wait for a keyboard. Typing on the touch screen is very fast when typing words, but there are a not of things we type besides words....urls, names, words in foreign languages if you speak more than one...Etc. There are just so many times you save yourself a minute or two and embarrassing typos when you have a keyboard.
    I have an iPhone and I feel your pain. I've only discovered how inefficient iOS is when I got to using a Playbook. I will give you an example of a scenario where the iPhone is really inefficient ( I can only compare it to the Playbook, because i don't own a BB phone).

    At night I like to read articles before I go to sleep on my phone. When I close the light I usually want to lower the brightness of the screen so that it is the lowest for reading in the dark.

    Changing brightness on iPhone:

    1. Tap the Home button to get out of the current App
    2. Scroll through your Apps to find the Settings App
    3. Click on the Settings App
    4. Scroll down to Brightness /Wallpaper
    5. Click on the Brightness/Wallpaper option
    6 .Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    7. Double tap the Home button to reveal the current active Apps
    8. Tap on the App you were using (ex: Browser)


    Changing Brightness on Playbook:

    1. Swipe from the corner of your App
    2. Touch the Battery Icon
    3. Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    DONE

    This is just an example of 1 of the things that takes alot more time than it should. And this is just 1 of the many things that are just less efficient on the iPhone . Ex: going from 3g to Wifi, Connecting to a network, etc.
  24. rolltide78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    514 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Yes I am switching. Well I have. I had the iphone 4 for 2 years and switched to a 9930. BB10 touchscreen in February is where I'll end up.
  25. notfanboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,119 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,120 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    I have an iPhone and I feel your pain. I've only discovered how inefficient iOS is when I got to using a Playbook. I will give you an example of a scenario where the iPhone is really inefficient ( I can only compare it to the Playbook, because i don't own a BB phone).

    At night I like to read articles before I go to sleep on my phone. When I close the light I usually want to lower the brightness of the screen so that it is the lowest for reading in the dark.

    Changing brightness on iPhone:

    1. Tap the Home button to get out of the current App
    2. Scroll through your Apps to find the Settings App
    3. Click on the Settings App
    4. Scroll down to Brightness /Wallpaper
    5. Click on the Brightness/Wallpaper option
    6 .Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    7. Double tap the Home button to reveal the current active Apps
    8. Tap on the App you were using (ex: Browser)


    Changing Brightness on Playbook:

    1. Swipe from the corner of your App
    2. Touch the Battery Icon
    3. Drag the Brightness to your preferred setting
    DONE

    This is just an example of 1 of the things that takes alot more time than it should. And this is just 1 of the many things that are just less efficient on the iPhone . Ex: going from 3g to Wifi, Connecting to a network, etc.
    On the iPad:
    1. Double-tap home button which opens up the recent apps bar
    2. Swipe recent apps bar to the right
    3. Change brightness slider
    DONE

    On Samsung Galaxy S3
    1. Pull down notification shade
    2. Change brightness slider (On ICS or later you can toggle pretty much any setting, lock orientation is a useful one)
    3. Raise the shade
    DONE

    On Android, if you care to install "Display Brightness" app
    1. Swipe up and down the edge of the screen to desired brightness
    DONE

    There are many Jailbreak apps on iOS to emulate the Android ability to quickly change settings.
    mikeo007 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone else refraining from updating to 2.1.0.1088?
    By modine in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OS
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
  2. Anyone else going to upgrade from the 8330 to the Tour2/Bold?
    By baberz in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:17 AM
  3. Anyone regret going from 8330 to 8530??
    By plstx in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xx
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
  4. anyone else going from iphone to storm2?
    By BBBowner in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 06:54 AM
  5. Anyone else going to miss their Curve?
    By hal1 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions