View Poll Results: Tired of your BlackBerry?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I love my BlackBerry just as much now as when I first got it.

68 62.39%
  • I still like my phone, but the amazement has somewhat warn off.

29 26.61%
  • Honestly, I'm bored with my BlackBerry.

12 11.01%
    Perhaps posting this on a BlackBerry-addicted forum is the wrong place to say this, but is anyone else feeling, for lack of a better word, "blah" about their BlackBerry?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Curve, and I've had a BlackBerry since April of this year--not as long as some CrackBerry addicts out there, but I've been around the block.

Still, I can't help but feel like I take my phone for granted. Now, I could never go back to a RAZR--or any other dumbphone for that matter--but my addiction seems to lack the spark it used to have. I find myself playing with my phone less, changing the wallpaper/themes less, searching for apps less, etc.

I guess I lose interest in things too fast.
    09-01-08 01:18 AM
    You get used to it after a while. I don't find myself playing with the settings as much. I stick with one theme and background image and rarely ever change them. But I still use my berry same as always for web, messaging, news, phone, ect..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 01:26 AM
    Ok, I'm kinda in the same boat with you.

I love my BB curve, I don't have the data plan yet so that might be why I'm getting board. But I see the iPhones apps and the app store and I really would love to see more apps and all in one place for the BB really soon! I think that would boost sales a lot too!

But I still love it for txting!
    09-01-08 01:26 AM
    I agree with both of you on usage. I still use it for texting/e-mail daily and couldn't live without those features. The "wow" factor has just worn off...
    09-01-08 01:35 AM
    Maybe you're feeling blah about it cause you're starting to accept that it really is just a phone. Sure the BlackBerry is a great phone but, IMO, it doesnt do anything so spectacular. Its not the be-all-end-all phone.
    09-01-08 01:35 AM
    Nah you just get used to it. I love my berry, and I couldnt be without it! I can run it in my sleep, and am now anal when switching bb's to keep the icons arranged the same. Its second nature!
    09-01-08 01:49 AM
    well I guess my vote can't count too much cause I just got my Curve a week ago and I am first time BB user/owner.

I sure hope the excitement and addiction doesn't wear off.

I just downloaded Google Maps, didn't think I needed too cause I had BB maps, but boy was I wrong! This is crazy, it finds your location via GPS! BB Maps doesn't do that, wow!
    09-01-08 02:07 AM
    Nope, through daily use of this site and others (yes I DO visit other sites!) I am constantly finding something new to do with it or finding things that I did not know it could do. Getting a data plan for it this week so that will open up so many more uses for it!
    09-01-08 03:41 AM
    Maybe you're feeling blah about it cause you're starting to accept that it really is just a phone. Sure the BlackBerry is a great phone but, IMO, it doesnt do anything so spectacular. Its not the be-all-end-all phone.
    It's not just a phone Scandal it's a Berry!! I honestly believe that people got caught up with the Berries because of the info at will especially with a unlimited data plan. Everyone has their own opinion though and to answer the OP's question, NO I do not feel blah about my Berry and I've had one going on 5 years now.
    09-01-08 04:01 AM
    Two months here. I still check this forum at least 10 times a day. The forums and news are the coolest way to pass time.

09-01-08 04:09 AM
    I like my Curve, but the I don't change things like I used to on my Windows Mobile devices, simply because much of what I could change on WM just isn't changable on the BlackBerry. I do wish there was more flexability in the BB OS, but at the same time I love the battery life and still use my Curve for email, web, messaging, etc. constantly pretty much everyday. The Curve isn't an exciting device, but is solid.

09-01-08 09:52 AM
    I still like my Curve but with all the hype about the new models (Bold, Javelin, Kickstart) I'm getting excited and ready to check into a new model.
    09-01-08 09:55 AM
    Had my curve for a week now still learning it.. So i dont feel the blah yet..
    09-01-08 10:02 AM
    I'm not feeling "blah." I love the fact that I have such a powerful tool, and at any given moment, I can access or do so many things with just my fingertips. And with the price that I'm paying, sometimes I feel like I'm stealing!

09-01-08 10:05 AM
    Go downgrade to an older BlackBerry for a while. Then when you switch back to your "new" one it will feel "special" all over again.

09-01-08 10:20 AM
    Whew.. I never really changed the settings or wallpaper much cuz I guess I just like steadiness LOL. Now why can't I find a man that's like my Berry?!? JK. In other news though, my friends still complain to me that I'm aleays on my BB and won't put it down. I'm constantly texting, surfing the net, checking FaceBook (Haha), so it hasn't quite lost its luster altogether... But you're right about never going back to a regular phone again! NEVER!!!!

I think I've almost converted my bf to a Berry who is an avid solicitor of the Treo (gag me!!!).

09-01-08 10:34 AM
    I don't feel blah with my berry I started using blackberries 3 years ago and my first two where not the latest models I just got a pearl and I am happy with it.I just use it for what I brought it for.

09-01-08 10:42 AM
    I love, love, love my berry! There is so much you can do with it, except maybe swimming lol
    09-01-08 10:45 AM
    Hmm I can't imagine leaving my wallpaper the same. I saw a few of you who said you leave yours the same thing all the time.

I've only had my Curve a week and I immediately uploaded about 190 wallpapers to my SD card. I rotate a wallpaper every 2-3 days to keep things fresh. I like frequent change.
    09-01-08 11:18 AM
    I can see that a lot of people have been drinking the berryade regarding this pole. If this pole is accurate RIM shouldn't even the release the BOLD since everyone is still so excited about there current devices. Come on people a little honesty is a good thing.
    09-01-08 11:42 AM
    I'm not feeling "blah." I love the fact that I have such a powerful tool, and at any given moment, I can access or do so many things with just my fingertips. And with the price that I'm paying, sometimes I feel like I'm stealing!

49 don't say that it feels like you're stealing, the wrong people get there hands on that one, they may raise our rates!! :�)

09-01-08 11:48 AM
    I can see that a lot of people have been drinking the berryade regarding this pole. If this pole is accurate RIM shouldn't even the release the BOLD since everyone is still so excited about there current devices. Come on people a little honesty is a good thing.
    If popular opinion was the only reason a company released new products, I'd possibly agree with you.
    09-01-08 11:51 AM
    If a lot of people feel the way that I do reaper, they're being honest. I love my Curve 8330 and really don't want any of the others at this point. After the posts on the disgusts with the Bold, I'm definately not in a hurry for that one. I qualify for a new Berry in 2 years with NE2. I'll see what they have to offer then especially after I read some of the members reviews on the product.

09-01-08 11:53 AM
    One might feel a let down if he/she had unrealistic expectations. I am having a blast using my device, visiting CB, helping people, and staying connected with the world from where ever I am. A blackberry isn't going to cure disease or solve world hunger. It is only a computer with a phone attached. But it is fun to play with - and I am more productive in many ways. So, I'm not feeling a let down because I was never all that "up" with it to begin with. It is another weapon in my arsenal to face life.

09-01-08 12:07 PM
    I can't vote in this one as none of the options apply.

Do I feel "blah' about my phones - No, but then again I was
    never really all that excited about them. They are tools nothing
    more. You don't see me waxing poetic about my miter saw
    09-01-08 02:52 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD