On February 14, I upgraded from my Torch 9800 to a Bold 9900. The unit I received had a subtle, but annoying problem. The menu key and trackpad would squeak. Not very noticeable in a public area, but if the room was quiet, it would drive me up the wall. I promptly returned it and got a new one.

Last week, I noticed my new phone had dust trapped underneath the screen. When I went back to Rogers they said they'd send it back to RIM, but that they doubted they would even clean/repair it.

Two bad units in a row. Don't get me wrong; I love my Bold, but those things were just too annoying to deal with.

Anyone else have bad luck like mine? Let's hear what you have to say!
    03-19-12 11:05 PM
    Plenty of post with these issues, annoying to say the lest but not that big an issue.
    03-19-12 11:25 PM
    I had the squeaky track pad on one of my 4 returned 9860's. The main issue with the others was the back button but I love my phone so no big deal, although dust or dirt under the screen would drive me nuts! Not sure I could live with that.
    Last edited by up488; 03-19-12 at 11:40 PM.
    03-19-12 11:34 PM
    Quality control has not been great for RIM in the past few years so I have certainly owned a few with similar issues.
    03-19-12 11:52 PM
    Stories like this make me miss the Pearl. I could slam it against a granite counter-top on the screen side and not even see a scratch
    03-20-12 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD