Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
Like Tree87Likes
  1. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,211 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    ...It's about being able to actually interact with 2 apps at the same time...
    Me thinks some people may have missed this part.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  2. kraski's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    It's not like multi-tasking is anything new, and it's not something new with BB10 (as old versions of BB have always been able to multi-task). Android has always been able to multi-task. Any OS can and does multi-task (though iOS intentionally hinders it a bit).

    The commercial isn't about being able to run two apps at the same time. It's about being able to actually interact with 2 apps at the same time, which is a challenge for a UI on a device with a small screen and very little screen real estate. There simply wasn't much emphasis on providing UI elements to support it until the advent of pads, tablets, and larger phones, made it worthwhile.
    Well said. As much as we keep touting BB10, what phone OS other than Android can I go out and buy right now and get interactive multitasking? AFAIK, none.

    I'm believing BB10 will blow the socks off everything else, when it comes out, but we only have videos and opinions slanted as much as the Android commercials posted above. And there's the fact that none of these OSes came off Mount Sinai with the 10 Commandments. Anything made by man is going to have glitches. Some larger, some smaller. But, once it gets to the public, BB10 is likely to still have bugs and probably do things differently than the way somebody wants it done.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    Thanked by 2:
    pantlesspenguin (12-27-2012),  qbnkelt (12-28-2012) 
    qbnkelt and pantlesspenguin like this.
  3. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,741 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,995 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Well said. As much as we keep touting BB10, what phone OS other than Android can I go out and buy right now and get interactive multitasking? AFAIK, none.

    I'm believing BB10 will blow the socks off everything else, when it comes out, but we only have videos and opinions slanted as much as the Android commercials posted above. And there's the fact that none of these OSes came off Mount Sinai with the 10 Commandments. Anything made by man is going to have glitches. Some larger, some smaller. But, once it gets to the public, BB10 is likely to still have bugs and probably do things differently than the way somebody wants it done.
    You can read the reviews on any of them to see someone else always wants something done differently. No matter how hard a manufacturer tries, some jackstrap is gonna whine and bellyache. Can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  4. android2bb10's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    I haven't used image search in a while, thought I'd try it out with one of the paintings at home. Worked right the first time, even scanning at an odd angle.

    http://i.imgur.com/AUiHM.png

    http://i.imgur.com/jDihO.png
    I went back and tried the visual search again. I apologize, it is a lot better than it was when I used it last. Last time I used it, a couple of months ago, it couldn't even recognize the coke logo.
  5. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,728 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,737 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    I have Seen this commercial. I think it's interesting.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  6. randall2580's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,338 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    So, as I understand it on the Galaxy devices, the new LG devices you can have the 2 apps side by side able to easily move between one or the other, instead of this antiquated in and out paradigm of multitasking? Sorry I had to do it (again).
    00stryder likes this.
  7. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    So, as I understand it on the Galaxy devices, the new LG devices you can have the 2 apps side by side able to easily move between one or the other, instead of this antiquated in and out paradigm of multitasking? Sorry I had to do it (again).
    To clarify for those that haven't used it. LG's multitasking on the Optimus G is different than Samsung's. LG allows you to stack two apps on top of each other and then you can see both using a transparency slider. For example you can be watching a movie. Get bored and slide the transparency then go to the home screen and do anything you want on the phone while the movie continues to play. It kinda blends two running applications and their screens into one and its actually more useful than it sounds. I didn't think I would care for that feature. But I find myself using it pretty often. Just as often as i used Samsung's multiple window approach on Galaxy devices I've owned.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
  8. Stewartj1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    972 Posts
    Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capper96 View Post
    OMG two apps open at the same time! ;p

    BB10 will face stomp
    I can do that and more on my old 9800. Right now I have TuneIn radio playing, Twitter and FB open while reading a web page.
    Z10
    PlayBook 64
    Bold 9900
    Torch 9800 - retired
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  9. Stewartj1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    972 Posts
    Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    To clarify for those that haven't used it. LG's multitasking on the Optimus G is different than Samsung's. LG allows you to stack two apps on top of each other and then you can see both using a transparency slider. For example you can be watching a movie. Get bored and slide the transparency then go to the home screen and do anything you want on the phone while the movie continues to play. It kinda blends two running applications and their screens into one and its actually more useful than it sounds. I didn't think I would care for that feature. But I find myself using it pretty often. Just as often as i used Samsung's multiple window approach on Galaxy devices I've owned.
    That LG thing sounds pretty cool and useful too.
    Z10
    PlayBook 64
    Bold 9900
    Torch 9800 - retired
  10. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,860 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,864 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    To clarify for those that haven't used it. LG's multitasking on the Optimus G is different than Samsung's. LG allows you to stack two apps on top of each other and then you can see both using a transparency slider. For example you can be watching a movie. Get bored and slide the transparency then go to the home screen and do anything you want on the phone while the movie continues to play. It kinda blends two running applications and their screens into one and its actually more useful than it sounds. I didn't think I would care for that feature. But I find myself using it pretty often. Just as often as i used Samsung's multiple window approach on Galaxy devices I've owned.
    This transparency style seems far more useful than the 2 apps sharing screen space. Seems like a pretty cool feature. I just wonder, however, if this would be quicker than the BB10 active frames. What I mean is, to flick up and click to bring up an app, or to bring up the slider, adjust, and swap apps. I can't say from experience but as I run it in my head, it seems time consuming and not something easily done one handed and on the go. The major benefit I could see, is being able to read what's beneath while typing out an email or IM.
  11. el_excelsior's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    you cannot remove the android player, unfortunately.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oh snap!
  12. phylez's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    308 Posts
    #37  

    Default Re: Anyone else chuckle at the two app android comcercials?

    Quote Originally Posted by android2bb10 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, just had to point out that those commercials immensely overstate the performance of these products.
    exactly. remember the initial playbook commercial? the one that got me excited? the one that got me to go out and by it the week it released? ya that one... total lies. had few if any of the features it showcased not to mention a different ui in some cases. felt so ripped off. os2 is what it should have been released with. as much as I support rim, I'm not falling for the same thing twice. I'll be waiting a month to see the reviews.
    -dr-

    7250 -> 8130 -> 9700 -> 9900 -> Q10, PlayBook 64x2

    CrackBerry.com user since 2008
    Thanked by 2:
    randall2580 (12-28-2012),  Saiga (12-28-2012) 
    Saiga likes this.
  13. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,232 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phylez View Post
    exactly. remember the initial playbook commercial? the one that got me excited? the one that got me to go out and by it the week it released? ya that one... total lies. had few if any of the features it showcased not to mention a different ui in some cases. felt so ripped off. os2 is what it should have been released with. as much as I support rim, I'm not falling for the same thing twice. I'll be waiting a month to see the reviews.
    People tend to forget the disaster that the PB was on launch. Sales (or lack thereof) speak to it.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  14. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,232 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    If you're going to disagree, at least don't do it based on pull-it-out-your-arse assumptions and probable ignorance. I'm a BB guy for a long time running an Android until BB gets back in the game, and had my carrier had a viable alternative, I'd still be using one. Be biased, but don't whiz in peoples' faces without knowledge to back it up. Fact is, I've been able to enjoy two rather excellent handsets in the last year that haven't made me regret spending the one-quarter of what I would have spent on a 9930. The only thing I've had to do without is BBM, the only regret I have had.

    BB 10 will have to blow the competition away, to at least keep in the battle. Many things I see are looking good, and that is appreciated. It will have to be top shelf, because the competition isn't sleeping.
    You know, thank you.

    I'm on my third Android device. The only one that lagged so much I *gave* it away before it was returned to me was the Atrix, back in mid 2011, and when Rickroller and Howarmat told me to get rid of MotoBlur and I did, it was a different device.
    I had minimal if any lag on the Skyrocket, certainly many many times less than the hourglassing on my 9900, which I have to reboot rather frequently, meaning at least once a week. And I have not had one single freeze or lag on my SGIII, which I've been using now as my primary device for over two weeks.
    People need to get a reality check and research facts, or better yet, get their hands on these devices, before posting processed bovine feed.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 2:
    BergerKing (12-28-2012),  pantlesspenguin (12-28-2012) 
  15. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phylez View Post
    exactly. remember the initial playbook commercial? the one that got me excited? the one that got me to go out and by it the week it released? ya that one... total lies. had few if any of the features it showcased not to mention a different ui in some cases. felt so ripped off. os2 is what it should have been released with. as much as I support rim, I'm not falling for the same thing twice. I'll be waiting a month to see the reviews.
    Exactly!

    Some people here seem to forget that RIM has always been fairly good at making things look better than they really are before they launched. I've fell for it a few times now from them. Starting with the 9530. For how horrible and craptacular the 9530 was, RIM still had enough people hyped up for it that I actually had to spend time waiting in line to purchase mine on release day.

    The PlayBook is another great example. So many people here were expecting that thing to do incredibly things. It was gonna be a game changer. Saying QNX makes iOS and Android look antique. QNX powers*nuclear power plants and never needs a reboot. Remember all of that stuff? The PlayBook was a paper weight on launch day.

    Even the os 7 BlackBerry pre launch videos and marketing got people over hyped. I remember seeing a Bold 99 video where the RIM employe made the phone look blistering fast and completely lag free. Then the 99 launched and that really wasn't the case until after several OS updates. The 99 is still the best BB launched to date, but it hour glassed like crazy on launch day. And now the os updates have went from helping to hurting it.

    Anyone that owns one knows what I am talking about. You update a OS 7.1 BlackBerry these days and you almost always run into a feature that gets broken. I've personally had Bold 99 OS updates that broke my mobile hotspot and a few different ones that broke my ability to add or edit word substitution entries. Plus, each update seems to make mine hour glass more than the previous one did. I've never had to wipe and downgrade a BB os as many times as I have on my 99. Which scares the crap out of me, because RIM has shown that they still suck at pushing good updates to devices. And with BB10 we won't have the ability to use the tools I use today. Right now we can use hybrids and BBHtools to fix RIM's continuous mistakes with each os update, but with BB10 we will just be stuck with whatever broken or non broken update they decide to push.

    Lot of people are still willing to get hyped up before a BlackBerry launch. I'm not though. I believe in setting my expectations as low as possible, so that way its less likely that I get disappointed.
    Thanked by:
    phylez (12-30-2012) 
    phylez and AbuYazeedUK like this.
  16. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Another droid thread, wtf, thought I was on Crackberry, excuse me while I change my url ..........
    Thanked by:
    missing_K-W (12-28-2012) 
    missing_K-W likes this.
  17. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,232 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #42  

    Default Re: Anyone else chuckle at the two app android comcercials?

    Well it did say droid in the title.
    All that was needed was to bypass the thread completely.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    randall2580 and Saiga like this.
  18. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,081 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts
    #43  

    Default

    I came to see your sexy smile and bedroom eyes, don't let it go to your head though.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Well it did say droid in the title.
    All that was needed was to bypass the thread completely.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (12-28-2012) 
    qbnkelt and Toodeurep like this.
  19. Stychill's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post
    BB10 makes iOS and Android look antiquated. Android running two apps is a guaranteed stutter fest. I want no part of it.
    LOL, i wonder how up to date you are with android, your statement has merit post jelly bean and project butter
  20. Stychill's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stewartj1 View Post
    I can do that and more on my old 9800. Right now I have TuneIn radio playing, Twitter and FB open while reading a web page.
    yea, but the ad isn't about having them open at the same time alone...its about being able to interact with them both at the same time...
  21. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,211 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    The PlayBook is another great example. So many people here were expecting that thing to do incredibly things. It was gonna be a game changer. Saying QNX makes iOS and Android look antique. QNX powers*nuclear power plants and never needs a reboot. Remember all of that stuff? The PlayBook was a paper weight on launch day.
    I always find that those most frustrated with a purchase are those that bought it on impulse or for what they thought it would do rather than what it actully does. Regardless of the hype.

    I'm not delusional, the Playbook isn't the best tablet on the market. IMO, there isn't one at all, but I will defend it against those that bought it for the wrong reasons and proclaim its worthlessness.

    My company bought its first Playbook around May of 2011 and it did exactly what we wanted it to do. We liked it so much, we bought more and use them in our business daily. The small form factor, dual HD cameras, Bridge and solid hardware at time of launch made this perfect for us. OS updates, new apps added daily and functionality like Print To Go have only made it better.

    We can shoot video out of the front facing camera or capture audio with the voice notes app and then multi-task to the browser or a Bridge app or any number of other apps all the while the video/audio is still captured. I can tell you no other tablet could do that on launch day back in 2011. Maybe some can do it now, I am not sure but I posed this question to some of the brightest minds on Crackberry and they said the Playbook was the only one.

    Even at nearly two years old, this tablet still has features (some from launch) that no other tablet has so it is now and was then far from a "paper weight".
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 12-28-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: P!$$ poor grammar!
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (12-28-2012) 
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
  22. missing_K-W's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,380 Posts
    PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    If you're going to disagree, at least don't do it based on pull-it-out-your-arse assumptions and probable ignorance. I'm a BB guy for a long time running an Android until BB gets back in the game, and had my carrier had a viable alternative, I'd still be using one. Be biased, but don't whiz in peoples' faces without knowledge to back it up. Fact is, I've been able to enjoy two rather excellent handsets in the last year that haven't made me regret spending the one-quarter of what I would have spent on a 9930. The only thing I've had to do without is BBM, the only regret I have had.

    BB 10 will have to blow the competition away, to at least keep in the battle. Many things I see are looking good, and that is appreciated. It will have to be top shelf, because the competition isn't sleeping.
    I disagree. Very much so
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
  23. missing_K-W's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,380 Posts
    PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Another droid thread, wtf, thought I was on Crackberry, excuse me while I change my url ..........
    That's why all the great forum members have moved on to the other site. We don't see them here anymore
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
  24. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodeurep View Post
    I always find that those most frustrated with a purchase are those that bought it on impulse or for what they thought it would do rather than what it actully does. Regardless of the hype.

    I'm not delusional, the Playbook isn't the best tablet on the market. IMO, there isn't one at all, but I will defend it against those that bought it for the wrong reasons and proclaim its worthlessness.
    Cool story except I never bought a PlayBook. I've owned 3 of them, but I didn't spend a single cent on any of them. RIM just likes to give things away.

    Many people here will defend or bash a device simply because they actually had to spend money on it. Those people are what most would call a consumer. I'm not really what you would consider to be a typical consumer. I haven't bought a RIM product since the 9650 came out. Yet I still manage to have a few of the latest BlackBerry devices laying on my desk right now. I've owned or extensively borrowed from manufactures nearly 40 different smartphones/tablets this year. So when I say something is a paperweight, its not because I bought it on an impulse and then became sad and frustrated that it don't have Netflix. It is because I looked at it objectively, compared it with it's competitors and then determined that it is in fact a paperweight.
    phylez likes this.
  25. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,211 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #50  

    Default

    smh

    10chars
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
  2. So has anyone else looked at the LG Dare? I just had my hands
    By airems in forum Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 01:34 AM
  4. Anyone else dreaming about the storm at night??
    By russap5 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
  5. Anyone else notice AT&T removed the bold website..
    By jcturcios in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM

Posting Permissions