Personally, I don't allow the use of Yahoo at home.
    Wow. "Allow"... Yes Sir!
    04-22-15 10:01 AM
    I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't purchased Yahoo to enhance their suite of services.
    04-22-15 10:03 AM
    I don't think Yahoo search is good at all. I cannot find anything that match close to my query. I don't like Marrisa when she took over Yahoo, first thing she did, told her employees to dump all BlackBerry phone with Android/IOS. Hoping she can stay on Yahoo.
    04-22-15 10:05 AM
    It pays to be pretty.
    04-22-15 10:07 AM
    I'm surprised how many people who don't use Yahoo seem to care.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:00 AM
    I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't purchased Yahoo to enhance their suite of services.
    To me this makes sense. I can see Nadella and Co reviewing this as an option. Yahoo does a few things right and they do it very well. MS needs whatever help they can get right now to take of Google and Apple since both are way ahead of them in mobile.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    04-22-15 12:39 PM
    Wow. "Allow"... Yes Sir!
    Lol... I guess I could have chosen a better way to say that, lol.
    04-22-15 02:45 PM
    Unless a Yahoo employee insulted your mother or kicked your dog, I don't understand why you're rooting against them.
    Always good to root against the bully that uses their media leverage as a sounding board.

Yahoo never had to post the fact their employees could not use blackberry.
    04-22-15 03:13 PM
    I'm surprised how many people who don't use Yahoo seem to care.
    The reason many don't use Yahoo any more is perhaps because they feel it is not as good as it used to be!
    04-22-15 06:16 PM
    The reason many don't use Yahoo any more is perhaps because they feel it is not as good as it used to be!
    Same reason a lot of people don't use BlackBerry anymore.
    Witmen likes this.
    04-22-15 06:20 PM
    Same reason a lot of people don't use BlackBerry anymore.
    Yup!
    04-22-15 06:23 PM
    At the time BB's best offering was the Bold 9900. Not exactly the optimal mobile phone for doing anything on the web at the time.
    04-22-15 09:00 PM
    Yahoo will probably be bought out by a bigger player. Apple if it wants to get into search or by Bing/MS who supplies the Yahoo search results. The problem with Yahoo is that that desktop search is decreasing which also affects Google but it doesn't have its own increasing mobile ecosystem like Google to offset it. Thats why they entered into a partnership with Firefox but FF is a minor player.
    Plot twist: BlackBerry buys yahoo

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:17 PM
    At the time BB's best offering was the Bold 9900. Not exactly the optimal mobile phone for doing anything on the web at the time.
    Agreed. In also think BB10 has a lot more to offer now, and can compete with the best of them. The problem is there is a perception out there that BlackBerry is not as good as it used to be (the app situation certainly hasn't helped)!
    04-22-15 09:19 PM
    Plot twist: BlackBerry buys yahoo

Posted via CB10
    Are you expecting Blackberry to become very large quickly or Yahoo to become small quickly cause even its its depressed state Yahoo has a 41B market cap.
    04-22-15 09:22 PM
    She's just a joke pretending that her and her company is relevant, I don't see why I should give any importance to the matter but if I needed to give an opinion it would be:

I hope she stays in Yahoo, so Yahoo can cease to exist.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:03 PM
    "Bingest" mistake was to give up their own search. To me, that sounded like self-castration when I first read it... :-)

You just don't do that if you still have plans...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-23-15 02:12 AM
    Sole purpose of ever going for yahoo is this man, Adrian Wojnarowski.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 03:12 AM
    Fudge yahoo for messing up my calendar sync!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 05:35 AM
    Are you expecting Blackberry to become very large quickly or Yahoo to become small quickly cause even its its depressed state Yahoo has a 41B market cap.
    That 41B market cap could be wiped clean if the downward trends continue. Not sure why the company is even worth that much. Google will probably end up eating Yahoo for lunch. Yahoo has had its day and Yahoo Messenger and 360 were so popular back then.

To BB or not to BB?
    04-23-15 06:34 AM
    That 41B market cap could be wiped clean if the downward trends continue. Not sure why the company is even worth that much. Google will probably end up eating Yahoo for lunch. Yahoo has had its day and Yahoo Messenger and 360 were so popular back then.

To BB or not to BB?
    That's if the share price of Alibaba drops significantly. Yahoo's stake in Alibaba is worth about US$40 billion.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-23-15 06:49 AM
    That's if the share price of Alibaba drops significantly. Yahoo's stake in Alibaba is worth about US$40 billion.
    Wow I didn't know they still have that much stake in Alibaba - thought they sold a lot of the shares already before the IPO. I think it was the previous CEO who bought into Alibaba right?

To BB or not to BB?
    04-23-15 09:17 AM
    Marissa Mayer is a very impressive woman who, at a fairly young age, has a already has a long list of powerful as well as just cool accomplishments. Don't judge her as a "joke" if you don't know anything about her.

Yahoo however, I don't care for, except I enjoy fantasy sports

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:24 AM
    Wow I didn't know they still have that much stake in Alibaba - thought they sold a lot of the shares already before the IPO. I think it was the previous CEO who bought into Alibaba right?

To BB or not to BB?
    Not sure which CEO invested in the Alibaba stake. Yahoo cashed in about $7 billion worth of shares on or before the trading debut. I read they could've waited a bit and sold the same shares for an extra $3 billion so they screwed up on that sale.
    04-23-15 09:40 AM
    Yahoo without the Alibaba stake is probably only worth $2 billion
    04-23-15 09:43 AM
61 123