No way! More excited now than ever. Actually disappointed to read all of these posts that people take others initial opinions as a guide of how they should look at anything before touching, feeling, using it themselves. Like the old saying "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see".

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    09-24-14 05:31 PM
    I was pretty sure I was going to buy one. Then an internal device made it's way to our offices (we run BES) for us to try out. I've totally changed my mind. I don't like the device. It's truly too wide, the 1:1 I just can't handle, and the original lure of the physical keyboard disappeared due to the missing physical keys and reliance on using the touch screen in conjunction with the physical keyboard. The device is not only awkward to hold but typing on it is awkward as well. I think they missed the mark here. For now I'm happy with my Z30 and feel as though it's a superior device to the Passport.
    Kevin impressions validate my fear that this device cannot be operated with one hand and for people on the go it is a must. I guess I will stick with the Q10 and the others phones I have
    09-24-14 05:53 PM
    I have changed my mind. I like device more, I will wait until next year though.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:55 PM
    I was interested until I saw the very disappointingly inflated UK price!! And having been one of the first to buy a Z10 and watched the price tumble I won't be making the same mistake.. Once bitten.....

Posted via CB10
    Except this time stock is controlled, so you'll be waiting long(er) time, US already sold out

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 300146
    09-24-14 05:58 PM
    Maybe, I will wait for the Classic user feedback then decide which of, the Classic or Passport, would fit my needs better.
    09-24-14 06:09 PM
    Never, i need that phone!! #blackberrypassport
    09-24-14 06:11 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bought mine!! Awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:19 PM
    Correct me if I may had missed this... but the passport dont have HDMI output? cant support OTG (usb mouse/keyb)? No miracast? And lastly, is there "write" input like scribbling rather than typing or writing chinese characters?

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    The BlackBerry rep told me the micro USB I'd also hdmi via the use of an adapter.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:28 PM
    Oh no. I purchased the BlackBerry Passport this morning!.....

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:02 PM
    Idk what reviews your reading but the ones I've seen while not bending over in adoration still have given it a fair shake. He'll even CNET did a decent write up which is shocking.
    As for me yes I will be buying it and handing my z10 to the misses so she has more storage that what's on her iPhone as we don't use the cloud.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    acovey likes this.
    09-24-14 07:24 PM
    I'd like to see and hold it in person. With such a unique form factor, pocketability and ease of handling must be considered and probably need to be experienced first hand. That said, in my opinion this is the first truly interesting and unique BB10 phone. They are all nice but this is the first I'd actually consider as a daily driver for myself.
    Oiram Asojonih likes this.
    09-24-14 07:50 PM
    I checked one out and the guy at TELUS was more than happy to let me play with it for as long as I wanted. He even knew the features and gestures and seemed very educated on the OS.

As I was playing with the phone I found the keyboard to be very unlike any BlackBerry keyboard, as I was hoping it would feel like the Bold 9900 - it did not. The pictures and videos don't do it justice, as the phone really is wide! I have small hands and after watching Kevin's podcast, I agree that it would definitely take a while to get used to it. I didn't buy it on the spot, but I was tempted. I'll continue to read user comments and watch reviews and make an informed decision. I still love my Z10 to bits!
    09-24-14 11:04 PM
    Mind not changed. Dead sure I'm getting one now. I'll give it a few months tho and make it a Christmas present when the price has dropped. I know Carphone warehouse does if here in the UK so I'll pop in to give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:22 PM
    Correct me if I may had missed this... but the passport dont have HDMI output? cant support OTG (usb mouse/keyb)? No miracast? And lastly, is there "write" input like scribbling rather than typing or writing chinese characters?

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    This thread is about the new BBRY Passport. What phone are you talking about. Passport is cable of HDMI, has OTG and mircast as well as wide direct. You must be thinking of some other manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:25 PM
    The tax is a extra $50 USD. I'll just wait till Atnt will sell it with contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:06 AM
    I wasn't, then I was , then I saw the sale price for the US market and now I am not. Tired of seeing BB dicount pricing for every country BUT Canada.
    09-25-14 12:06 AM
    Anyone smell trolls?

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    09-25-14 12:12 AM
    Anyone smell trolls?

Here, there, everywhere

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:41 AM
    I tried the passport this afternoon. I prefer a phone as my daily driver. I was feeling quite awkward holding it but must admit the screen was beautiful. Not for me. I will wait and test the classic next.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-25-14 02:13 AM
    I'm not a physical keyboard guy, but I was really impressed with it today when I tested it at a Telus store. I was able to type one handedly thanks to the flick typing; sure, it was slower than two hands, but doable and my hands are average size. I was not a fan before, but after using it I think it's a fine device. I won't be buying it as I'm waiting for a Z10 replacement - considering the Z30 if I can find a good deal. Try it before you knock it. I can see physical keyboard people taking some time to get used to the flick typing, but I was fine since I have a Z10. The touch sensitive keyboard is awesome.
    Anyone changed their mind about buying the Passport now?-img_20140924_191414.jpg
    Anyone changed their mind about buying the Passport now?-img_20140924_191419.jpg
    Anyone changed their mind about buying the Passport now?-img_20140924_191428.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:36 AM
    Anyone smell trolls?

Anyone smell BlackSheep? ;-)

Still waiting for the Classic...

Posted from an ME173X
    09-25-14 04:54 AM
    Anyone smell BlackRainbowSheep? ;-)

Still waiting for the Classic...

Posted from an ME173X
    Made it appropriate for you

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:08 AM
    Still going to order it...no questions asked!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:26 AM
    I really am not sure - it's just the sheer width - I have the smallest hands of any bloke I have met, they are astonishingly pathetic and don't know If I would even be able to hold it one handed to make a phone call - Q10 perfect size for me and don't like the classic so could be holding on to Q10 for a while.....

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:27 AM
    While I understand the concept of this device, I (as a software developer) have no real uses for the shape or the keyboard. I still think that the device has a weird shape but I think that in the right hands/field it will do wonders. I like the concept of it and the execution but this is not my kind of phone.

Still I DO HOPE that it will sell well enough.
    09-25-14 08:39 AM
139 12345 ...