Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Buying off contract to keep my unlimited vzw data as well.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concession View Post
    Ill wait until my contract is up in August and see which carrier has the best plan and then get a phone for that carrier.

Hopefully they'll have plans like or better than koodo's $60 promo plan. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html
    It gets better tomorrow. Unlimited nationwide and 2GB for $60.
    Koodo to release new promo plans tomorrow, will double up on minutes and data | MobileSyrup.com
    CrackBerry Addict

i'll probably buy a L-series full price up front and use my hardware upgrade to get my N-series.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts

I am probably going to skip. Its not that much of an advance for me to drop $6-700 on. When I do get my next one, it will not be on contract as I intend to switch carriers and go month to month on whoever I am with at that point. By that point the Aristo should be out as my contract is up in August. That and I am holding out hope for a BB11 N-Series that doesn't look like crap.
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    CrackBerry User

I'll pay off the device balance on my 9900 (~$200) and sell on craigslist for maybe $150-250. Then buy the L-Series BB10 on a 3 year contract.
    CrackBerry Abuser

L-Series off contract at launch, and N-Series off contract at launch... call me greedy, but ive been waiting forever for these phones like the rest of you and cannot wait to have an L-series in my right hand and an N-Series in my left! Also going to buy up some shares, because the latest estimates are rimm shares (if everyone like BB10) will spike to 43$ in a very short period of time off launch... and 4:1 odds are just too good to pass up!
    Previous device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black),iPhone5C(Pink)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Passport, Windows SurfaceRT, Samsung Galaxy S4
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24BF98CB

I haven't been on a contract with a carrier in at least 6 years. I fully intend and plan on buying at least 1 device at full price.
    This is normal for me.
    BB4LIF3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2890D720

Quote Originally Posted by edu3110 View Post
    Not the best plan out there in my opinion. T-Mobile, unlimited everything 4G speed for $70.00 ($74.00 with taxes.no contract).
    That's a good deal with t-mobiles current plan setup but I wonder could the savings increase with adding metro pcs plans. That makes it more of a likelihood that I pay for a phone out right.
    CrackBerry User

kind of makes me glad we have no contracts here in Pakistan. Makes the decision a whole lot simpler. Getting one the day it becomes available here.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'll buy L n N serries with No Contract. But actually, in my country, we have to pay full price, because there is no contract for Blackberry or other phones Expensive but needed.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Always off contract. I will pass off my 9860 and convert another person to BB. It's a win win.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,328 Global Posts

Default Anyone buying either new BB 10 devices full price without a contract?

I would pay full price but I am taking the wait and see approach before I purchase one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts
    PIN
    27f477c1

I'm stuck on 9900 until February 2014 (my next subsidized hardware upgrade). I don't think I can afford to straight-up buy a BB10 device. But I'm thinking about unloading some medium format camera equipment to fund the purchase
    CrackBerry User

I will be buying off contract. I do not want my contract to get renewed. I almost want to get a second line just so i can get both the full touch and qwerty.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm planning on buying off-contract to keep my Verizon unlimited data... Right now I'm paying $80/month. Would be less but the other person on my plan kept downgrading our minutes, then when I had to re-upgrade the minutes when she went over, the new rate for minutes was always a little bit higher than before.

My contract is up in May... really thinking about my options at that point. Could switch to T-Mobile, I live in Atlanta and I hear T-Mobile is okay there... I've just grown very accustomed to Verizon's network, where I can just assume that I'll have service pretty much everywhere.
    CrackBerry Master

Being with a company that doesn't have locked in terms I can buy at any time, a small price to pay for having unlimited everything for $40 P/M. Having said that I'll probably hold off buying one right away. I'm just not ready to switch yet and am getting stirling service from my 9900 and 9790.
    CrackBerry User

It's not gonna be that easy to unlock bb10 devices to take it from one network to the next. That's gonna allow the carriers to have more leverage and put a damper on the grey market. Factory unlocked devices will be sold just the same.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    I have an upgrade that I have had available since a year ago. not using it. I am paying retail to keep verizons grubby claws off my unlimited data.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Same here: my poor Curve has been creaking along for a year now during the wait for BB10. I'm not a huge data user, but I'd rather keep my unlimited plan for as long as I can until they find some kind of slick way to take it away. Plus with a much improved browser and LTE bridging to the PlayBook is going to get a lot more use! N series all the way for me.

If possible, I'd even see if I could swing some kind of BYOD and dump the Torch as well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123