Will buy without contract....current contract with vzw...may be looking to change carriers.
    11-21-12 03:06 PM
    I buy all my phones off contract.
    11-21-12 03:11 PM
    I'd love to be able to get one unlocked and unbranded straight from RIM. I doubt that will be an option though.
    11-21-12 03:21 PM
    Putting away money each week since September, ready to throw my money on the counter on release day to bag myself a Sim free/No contract L series. I really hope RIM give a choice in colours for launch, I don't mean lots of funky colours, which I wouldn't expect them to do anyway but as long as I get a White one I'll be very very happy :^)
    11-21-12 03:31 PM
    im planning on buying it out right, but im with a smaller carrier (mobilicity/Dave wireless in the states) so i dont know if they'll have it at launch or not.

I dont like their limited coverage though, so i mite end up doing a month2month with Bell or Telus (f@cking hate Rogers)
    11-21-12 03:34 PM
    Buying first ON contract... Artisto later off contract... Seems pointless to waste the money... L-Series will be going to wifey anyways...
    11-21-12 03:44 PM
    Just got a text from Bell saying I have a $35 upgrade credit. Whoppdy do. Paying full price here.
    11-21-12 06:36 PM
    Does anyone know when the Aristo will be released? Sounds like it is going to be the ultra premium BlackBerry to have next year.
    11-21-12 08:22 PM
    I'm not getting suckered into Verizon longer than I have to. I'm military so my account has been frozen anyway while I'm out of the country. I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I'll probably buy one off contract. Depends on if I can unlock my verizon L series to work on Docomo's Network. We'll see how it all works out...
    11-21-12 09:10 PM
    I have an upgrade that I have had available since a year ago. not using it. I am paying retail to keep verizons grubby claws off my unlimited data.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-21-12 10:18 PM
    first BB was Bold 9900 and fell in love with it and BB overall. Can't wait for first BB10 with physical keyboard. Contract not up until Oct 2013, so will be purchasing full price
    11-21-12 10:21 PM
    You should consider using Sprint as your next carrier. They offer a nice 450 anytime mins, unlimited data and text BlackBerry data plan for $80.00 per month.
    Excuse me but thats AWFUL advice. sprint data service is beyond terrible their reps are turds and they're unreliable. If anyone is looking for unlimited data in the states I recommend checking local dealers for example Cricket in the west is a cheap no contract network that runs on Verizon towers and their data speeds beat sprint out of the park. Also T-mobile is another alternative to sprint; 4G everywhere, LTE being released in Feb to every city that already has 4G which is a huge majority unlimited data that's actually quicker than sprint and it doesn't slow down after a certain amount if you have a blackberry from what i've noticed.
    11-21-12 10:40 PM
    But as to the post I may have to buy one full price if i can't negotiate anything with my TMO rep since my contract doesn't expire till january 2014
    11-21-12 10:42 PM
    I'm sure I will either have to buy the new M series phone unsubsidized, or add a line with Verizon I've switched devices so many times in my short smartphone career that the wife kinda wears the pants in that department
    11-21-12 10:57 PM
    Almost every phone I buy is off contract. I don't expect this to be any different.
    11-21-12 11:06 PM
    I haven't seen a techie gadget yet that i was willing to pay top dollar for outta the gate,,, helll, i even waited a year before i played atari pong when it came out, ,don't be a prisoner of the moment,(i'm trying, i'm trying), wait til they work out the bugs,,, i have a nice big juicy upgrade just waiting & as difficult as it may be, i'm gonna hold out for aristo if it's a touchscreen unless london proves to be SPEC-TAC-U-LAR,,, today i was able to scrounge up a new $150 64gb playbook online from office de' pot, should be here tues.,,, that should keep the monster @ bay til things settle in & more info is available,,, right now aside from a pretty good demo i saw on BBN, http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-today-754698/ , it's all just speculation & marketing hype...
    11-22-12 01:29 AM
    Ill wait until my contract is up in August and see which carrier has the best plan and then get a phone for that carrier.

Hopefully they'll have plans like or better than koodo's $60 promo plan. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html
    11-22-12 09:35 AM
    Getting contract but im getting a sweet deal got a hook up.So it will work out Im paying the phone off in installments and getting unlimited data and credit I got to talk to him if he could also change my phone during the contract just in case a better phone appears aka aristo.Personally RIM should leave it alone sell the L,N series for the year make sure BBs are selling well and the upgrade transition is happening then drop aristo when the BB10 transition is at a hugenumber among handsets.

They got to learn from mistake of just pumping out phones for the sake of quick bucks just end up with loses and unsold stock cause of greed short game hustle tactics.Samsung only do it because they manufacture the parts and OS is almost free.They got a get it while we can mentality short hustle they know that the current money making that phones and tablets have will drop drastically as soon as next gen consoles get announced which breath life into tv,blue rays and so forth.Its the only reason why tablets and phones have gotten bigger than they are supposed to.Lol this some next rantGetting contract im getting looked after.
    11-22-12 09:51 AM
    It will depend on how I feel about remaining on contract. I really don't see the benefit at the moment. May just decide to go with cheaper monthly plans and buy it outright.
    11-22-12 10:01 AM
    Not the best plan out there in my opinion. T-Mobile, unlimited everything 4G speed for $70.00 ($74.00 with taxes.no contract).
    11-22-12 10:04 AM
    I will probably end up buying it out right since I don't get an upgrade on my AT&T personal line until Feb 2014..but my work line with Verizon will be ready for an upgrade so I am sure I will get whichever style Verizon will get.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 10:06 AM
    I hope RIM sells unlocked devices so that we have the option to not have to put up with carrier bs (AT&T). I will definitely be buying unsubsidized.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I agree 100% I am hoping that RIM is going to sell unlocked BB 10 phones directly as I am fine with buying it full retail and want it unlocked. My carrier, Telus Mobility, has a tendency despite their commercials about being the Canadian carrier that listens and treats customers fairly, has a tendency to rape customers with MTM prices $100+ beyond MSRP and still have the audacity to charge $50 on top of that to unlock your phone. In other words, Telus is probably the most greedy and dishonest of all the Canadian Carriers which is why they can't overtake Bell for the number two spot. So I'd rather not give them the extra profit and if possible buy directly from RIM.
    11-22-12 10:06 AM
    Not the best plan out there in my opinion. T-Mobile, unlimited everything 4G speed for $70.00 ($74.00 with taxes.no contract).
    That's not too bad. Especially for one of the "major" networks. I miss the old Sprint SERO days though...
    11-22-12 10:07 AM
    Since my 9700, I buy all my phones off contract and I buy from reseller, not from my provider...

Most of the time I found out that service provider sell their phone at higher price than specialized site...
    I'll wait until the launch event to see all devices and release dates to make my choice, but for now N-Series win...
    11-22-12 10:12 AM
    I assume many will OP.

I'd pay a premium to have BB10 and throw in my future ex wife too.
    11-22-12 10:51 AM
68 123