I am looking for a feedback on Motorola S9 bluetooth stereo headset or Plantronics Voyager 855 in terms of :-
    ->Talk time.
    ->Standbye time.
    ->Ease of use
    ->Comfort on ears.

All in all pros and cons.Thanks a lot.
    Sorry if the details are already posted in a thread.
    Last edited by jammy507; 06-17-08 at 09:44 AM.
    06-16-08 10:16 PM
    Quick review for you.

After 30 to 45 minutes they are not friendly on the ears they start to hurt.

For calls they are awesome. The mic picking up your voice is crystal

Sound on it isn't bad. Not great but not bad

Mine are distorted I think because I wore them working out and they don't like sweat

Battery life isn't bad I think at Max volume the head set lasts about 2 hours

The music cuts in and out like a scratched CD

Not worth the 100 plus you spend
    06-17-08 07:32 AM
    mine works great! Paired it to my laptop and use it there too! only con for me is only 1 ear piece works on phone calls.good battery life and mic is awesome. agree that when wearing for awhile they can get uncomfortable but is after 40 minutes or so
    06-17-08 07:51 AM
    S9 has pretty bad battery life while listening to music or talking, somewhere around 6-7 hours, but thats the only complaint i have. comes with 3 different size earpieces, which can be changed out both for best comfort and how much environment noise you want to hear. I wear them for several hours a day at work listening to music. used to have alot of cutouts in music when outdoors, but since getting a holster and so getting the phone out of my pocket it rarely skips now.
    cant complain about sound quality, and people i talk to cant tell im using a headset.
    all stereo headsets only work in one ear while talking on the phone. this is a requirement to make them legal for use while driving.
    06-17-08 06:24 PM
    I have them, but rarely use them. They cut in and out too much with every BB I have paired them with. Most of the time I have the BB on my side and its like the bluetooth range is too far, and they cut out. They may work for others, but I wouldnt waste my money on these.
    06-18-08 11:47 PM
    I have a S9, and it's okay indoors, but the range falls apart outside. They're worthless to me for that reason.
    06-19-08 06:59 AM
    I have the S9 stereo headset - fortunately for me they were a free gift from my service provider when I upgrsded my phone - they do have specific instructions for how to wear them as they need clear sight of the phone to work optimally - the picture of how to wear them shows the phone in the back pocket and the headset blue tooth band directly above it ... having said that I have worn them with the phone in my front pocket and have not really had any problems.

Music quality is a matter of opinion - they are better than the hard wired ones that came with the phone but not as good as Ipod (sony) in ear ones - they are comfortable enough with the correct fitting ear pieces, but would not like to wear them for a whole day.

In the car they are ok, but I prefer to wear a bluetooth single head set as they do slightly dull the sound around you and only one ear piece works for calls anyway and why would I use them for music (surely illegal in a car) when I have a car hi fi which is much better quality.

As a mark ut of 10 I would probably give them a 7 but go along with some of the other comments about being uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Hope this helps
    Clive
    06-19-08 07:13 AM
    I just bought a Motorola S9 and I haven't found comfort to be a problem. The headset presses more against my head above my ears and the ear buds are actually quite loose. Maybe I have a weird head shape.

I have noticed the skipping and cutting out from time to time. Primarily this happens when I'm driving through no-signal zones. It's like the system is using all it's resources hunting for signal and the music takes a hit. If I turn the radio off it's fine.

Outdoors it seems to skip a little more than in the car or in the house. That is just not making sense to me.

It loses points for sound quality, but if I press the ear buds into my ears harder the sound is way better. If I could balance the pressure between the speakers in my ears and the frame against my head the sound would be better and the fatique would be worse.

My overall rating would probably be 8/10. Many users have reported problems with the S9 after perspiring heavily. I think it's a great concept and hopefully they haven't stopped developement on it ...
    06-26-08 11:07 AM
    Hi all. Just picked up my Curve and S9 the other day. Why is it that the wired stereo headset that comes with the Curve allows your phone conversations in stereo, but the S9 will not? Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks in advance!

Jay
    08-22-08 01:16 PM
    I love these headphones. They sound better than the wired headset. I was surprised by that! My only issue is that I cant hear my fricking Videos? What's up with that? Mp3's work fine and I don't have to worry about hitting the wires while I'm on the treadmill so this works for me. While out side if I don't carry my BB in my hand there useless. I give them a 7 out of 10. Only because I use them 90% of the time indoors. If I could use these to hear my Videos I would give them a 9 out of 10....
    04-10-09 04:27 PM
    I have been using my S9 for just over a year now. I use them for 1 hour of cardio every morning as well as walking to work and back downtown.

The buttons all still work great and I have put a lot of sweat on them.

When walking downtown, I leave my BB in my back pocket and I might have one choppy cut out a week. They work surprisingly well considering I am walking downtown between skyscrapers where there should be a ton of interference.

Getting more than a year out of them while using for 1.5-2 hours a day including workouts was well worth the price ($75).

Easily 9 out of 10 stars. A perfect 10 if it wasn't impossible to find replacement earpieces.
    04-14-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD