After changing to the Bold 9900 and OS7 I expected for apps to take a while to be upgraded in Appworld, today I found that even though the OS6 apps that I bought appear as unavailable in MyAppworld, they are actually available to buy for OS7.

I already bought Quickalunch, I already paid for BeBuzz and I already paid the exorbitant price for IM+ Talk app, now they all want me to pay them again just because I changed to OS7?

Would they care to explain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-30-11 03:30 AM
    Take IM+ for example, before and after I click on it.
    10-30-11 04:01 AM
    you can email the developers and they may be able to provide you with an alternate downloading location and transfer your key or activation code. ive never had to pay for an app more than once.
    10-30-11 04:28 AM
    I didn't have to pay again to transfer my QuickLaunch or my BeBuzz from my old device to my OS7 device. As noted, if the PIN update doesn't work, contact the developer(s) directly.
    10-30-11 07:34 AM
    As others have said before me, contact them directly. I know from experience that the developers of BeBuzz will help you out.
    10-30-11 07:53 AM
    I pay twice,
    If the app was good, and the developer supports RIM by writing the app again for OS7 I want to make sure they find the app profitable enough to write again in BBX, really works out to about $15 for me since I don't use many apps.

The developers are usually far from well paid people, and rewriting the apps take work, it would be nice if they offered through app world a discounted upgrade copy where you enter your old pin, and a new pin in the registration process for half the purchase price.

10-30-11 07:54 AM
    After changing to the Bold 9900 and OS7 I expected for apps to take a while to be upgraded in Appworld, today I found that even though the OS6 apps that I bought appear as unavailable in MyAppworld, they are actually available to buy for OS7.

I already bought Quickalunch, I already paid for BeBuzz and I already paid the exorbitant price for IM+ Talk app, now they all want me to pay them again just because I changed to OS7?

Would they care to explain!

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-money-653305/
    10-30-11 08:38 AM
    Plenty other developers don't seem to have this problem though, their paid apps are available at no extra cost in Appworld, I don't mind paying again for a �0.99 app but the IM+ Talk cost me �15, I expect better support from such a developer and I will certainly not pay it again.

It's ridiculous if you ask me.

10-30-11 08:54 AM
    I admit having used iPhone and Android phones and their apps are typically from 59p upto about �3.99.

I'm a recent convert to the Blackberry platform and I have noticed how much more expensive apps compared to iPhone and Android apps. I mean who's going to pay say �25 for IM+?

The developers have priced themselves out the market.
    10-30-11 04:32 PM
    I agree, contact directly and get a chance to get it free.
    Anyways, this is how things are going.. some apps (not only mobile apps) are free for updates and some are not.. people are working to bring you newer release and they should get pay for that...

There are updates for fixing bugs and such which i believe should be free but big updates and newer version should be for sell as a new product. but i also think that they should charge less from a returning costumer.

About high pricing.. answer is easy - more developers will bring lower pricing.
    10-30-11 05:55 PM
    I have to love the entitlement syndrome..

you could have take a reasonable approach and contact the developer to see if the # would apply to a new version for the later o.s. but then again you are right.. developers should spend every waking hour providing free for life updates... they can eat cardboard cartons and sleep on the floor...
    10-30-11 06:09 PM
    I have to love the entitlement syndrome..

you could have take a reasonable approach and contact the developer to see if the # would apply to a new version for the later o.s. but then again you are right.. developers should spend every waking hour providing free for life updates... they can eat cardboard cartons and sleep on the floor...
    It's not a case of having to pay for an upgrade, the apps appear as unavailable and when you click on them then they do become available at FULL price. As I said, I paid �15 for one of them, I would pay a few pounds for an update but not the full price again.
    Why do they even appear as unavailable when they clearly are?

10-30-11 06:46 PM
    I'd contact the developers. I'm actually surprised one of them hasn't come out yet to address this.
    10-30-11 07:45 PM
    LOL, and just like that IM+ Talk has completely disappeared from MyWorld, it does not show in my Uninstalled list anymore. As if I never bought it. Glad I took those screenshots earlier.

Good riddance if you ask me.

Mods can delete this thread if they wish but all I can say is shame on IM+ and they can keep the �15

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-30-11 at 08:03 PM.
    10-30-11 07:55 PM
    That's pretty messed up.
    10-30-11 08:07 PM
    LOL, and just like that IM+ Talk has completely disappeared from MyWorld, it does not show in my Uninstalled list anymore. As if I never bought it. Glad I took those screenshots earlier.

Good riddance if you ask me.

Mods can delete this thread if they wish but all I can say is shame on IM+ and they can keep the �15

Have you contacted them?
    10-30-11 08:33 PM
    Contact them.

I have never seen a developer NOT fix this situation. I have paid for apps and moved them across multiple PLATFORMs. Most will take care of you.

Re: high cost of apps, I think it boils down to supply and demand.
    10-30-11 09:31 PM
    Email sent just now. Will post as soon as I hear from them.

PS at the time I bought it the price for it was �25 not �15, makes it even worse.

10-31-11 02:58 AM
    My bebuzz transfered over to my 9930 free and fine (I kept the key code they sent with purchase). I do agree with what many have said here about developers deserving to eat for what they have worked for. More work=more $$
    10-31-11 11:08 AM
    If you're sick of developers trying to make money, you should develop your own apps for free and share them with us.
    10-31-11 11:23 AM
    If you're sick of developers trying to make money, you should develop your own apps for free and share them with us.
    What part of me paying �25/$40 for one app did you not understand?

10-31-11 12:09 PM
    What part of me paying �25/$40 for one app did you not understand?

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have to pay the guy who mows my lawn $20/week. It should just be a one time fee. The company you work for shouldn't have to pay you to work today. After all, they paid you for Friday, so why should they pay you again?
    10-31-11 12:18 PM
    Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have to pay the guy who mows my lawn $20/week. It should just be a one time fee. The company you work for shouldn't have to pay you to work today. After all, they paid you for Friday, so why should they pay you again?
    thats not a very good example is it? he means if you buy lets say adobe photoshop for your pc, then change pc`s, you should be able to reinstall onto your new pc for fre.....oh, you can? thats his point
    avt123 likes this.
    10-31-11 12:52 PM
    thats not a very good example is it? he means if you buy lets say adobe photoshop for your pc, then change pc`s, you should be able to reinstall onto your new pc for fre.....oh, you can? thats his point
    You mean like when you buy a program back in Win9x days and had to rebuy it again for the WinXP era? Or when you bought a program for the PPC Mac and had to rebuy it for the x86 Mac? Or when you bought a program for the OS9 Mac and had to rebuy it for OS X Mac? Or when you bought a program for WinXP and had to rebuy it for Win7?

Face it, sometimes OS/Hardware upgrades necessitate an updated version of the program. And sometimes those updates cost some coin.
    10-31-11 01:27 PM
    Exactly, thank you, I bought a product, a piece of software at a very high price, I didn't buy a subscription service.

10-31-11 01:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD