Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 303
  1. Apollo_Creed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Any of you get upset when people try to use a Berry without a data plan?

    I've tried to teach people the value of a data plan through a mistake that I made 4 years ago from my first Berry. I got the 10mb plan and didn't realize that I was getting charged for surfing the net. Originally the rep had told me that I could get at least 500 emails or more from that plan. Make a long story short, I got hit with a $525.00 Berry bill through Nextel. They only made me eat half at the time because it was a misunderstanding and upgraded me right then to the unlimited plan for only $10 extra bucks more per month. It seems like you can't teach people that on the site as they try not to spend the $30 bucks a month on the data package but yet want to carry a Berry. What's the point in having one then?? Anyone else feel the same way??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  2. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,784 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #2  

    Default

    Not really as long as they understand the limitations
    they face. If however they start complaining about all
    the ish they can't do and want to know how to work around
    this that or the other thing then, yeah.

    As a phone the BB is a good device, if that is all the person
    wants and can get it for a good price. Want full capability,
    get a plan.
  3. Hazysky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,945 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I don't mind what other people do. I have my plan and that is what counts
  4. benzworm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,117 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    not normally,

    but i do joke with this kid i work with by telling him that he is wasting a good blackberry!
    ~PRIDE!~
  5. cate's Avatar
    Former Rock Star

    Posts
    5,238 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,376 Global Posts
    PIN
    Na Fo Fo Na Fa Fo Fo
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazysky View Post
    I don't mind what other people do. I have my plan and that is what counts
    Good to see you, Hazy

    I agree - what other people do, that's their prerogative. I can't imagine not having a data plan, but that's just me... and I suppose many others, lol.
    cate
  6. Apollo_Creed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    Not really as long as they understand the limitations
    they face. If however they start complaining about all
    the ish they can't do and want to know how to work around
    this that or the other thing then, yeah.

    As a phone the BB is a good device, if that is all the person
    wants and can get it for a good price. Want full capability,
    get a plan.
    I can agree with that. I think where I get upset at is because we have so many people looking for some type of workaround without getting the plan. Myself personally, I don't want to get caught with a Berry that doesn't have a plan and run into people that wants to see what it can do. I had a guy at work that way. He finally got rid of it I guess because I picked with him so much about not having a plan. It got to the point other people at work started laughing at him and started asking him to look up stuff on the net knowing that he didn't have a plan. It was hilarious!!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. sheena.lee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    227 Posts
    PIN
    <3
    #7  

    Default

    I don't really care. I have a plan, so what do I care if others don't? I want to give my sister my 7250, not because she can chat or look up stuff on the net, but because she'll have an easier time texting people. I pay her bill and won't pay for data for her!

    Live and let live...
    It's not for our desire but our design that we all fall apart.
  8. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,784 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #8  

    Default

    Eaxactly, I am one of those people who all ways get
    annoyed when people instinctively say a not having
    data makes no sense. Sure it does in some cases.
    AT&T was once offering the Pearl for $30. Not bad if you
    need just a phone.

    But please, if you need data, you need data.
    There are but so many workarounds, and most require
    at least Wi-Fi. There are no magic hacks that are going
    to get a non data enabled BB to do all it should.

    I also can't imagine NOT having data. I do understand
    people who just want a phone. It is the one's that don't
    do their homework and then start claiming the BB is crap
    because they can't d/l, watch you tube, go on the net,
    that irk me.
  9. arcin220's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    32156811
    #9  

    Default

    I wonder why it is irritating? If they don't have a plan then they are the idiots that are going to end up paying for it in the end. More power to them! Let them pay! Action = consequence! Yay for the natural laws!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  10. jenaywins's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,006 Posts
    PIN
    HEAD
    #10  

    Default

    Upset? No. Do I feel sorry for them? Yes. Think they are dumb? Maybe.
    ... and stuff!
  11. thepreciousone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    281 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I understand what you mean. But you have to understand that having a blackberry makes your life easier. Many people I know get a blackberry simply because of its calander and email, and the ability to have more than 2 emails. Many of them rarely browse the net. yet, they listen to music or watch something on their media? I remember when I first had my pearl, I didn't have data. I only had email and texts since I rarely used data. Then I found out for 5 bucks more I could have unlmitted everything except phone, which comes with 1000 phone mins. Yep im talking about the mail and mins plan. Im happy having data since Im always on the go and with a blackberry, I can respond to myspace comments/facebook comments, or other links.
    Apollo, you have to remember there are several people who simply get a bb because of other reasons. Not all like browsing the net. I mean if someone gets a bb because other people have one, then yes feel free to make fun of that person.
  12. Namji's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    422 Posts
    PIN
    Scan my Avatar!
    #12  

    Default

    Well some people don't have $$ to pay for the data plan.. and if thats the case they shouldn't get the phone IMO.

    I mean Its like going to a BMW dealership and telling the sales guy, I want to look like I have lots of money so I want to drive a BMW.. but I want the cheapest BMW you have on the lot...
  13. jidx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,016 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    If you can get by without a data plan, more power to you.
    The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
    Vince Lombardi
  14. jenaywins's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,006 Posts
    PIN
    HEAD
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namji View Post
    Well some people don't have $$ to pay for the data plan.. and if thats the case they shouldn't get the phone IMO.

    I mean Its like going to a BMW dealership and telling the sales guy, I want to look like I have lots of money so I want to drive a BMW.. but I want the cheapest BMW you have on the lot...
    Hehe.. Or going to a Benz dealership, and immediately heading for the used section of the lot, and picking up a Kia.
    ... and stuff!
  15. Namji's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    422 Posts
    PIN
    Scan my Avatar!
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenaywins View Post
    Hehe.. Or going to a Benz dealership, and immediately heading for the used section of the lot, and picking up a Kia.
    Precisely...
  16. arcin220's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    32156811
    #16  

    Default

    Although I don't believe in Darwinwism I do think the strongest/smartest does survive. Or in this case does/doesn't pay. I must say though that a BB without data is only a PDA with a phone. Not quite as useful.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. Heresy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,659 Posts
    PIN
    220cd0e8
    #17  

    Default

    I personally dont have a data, I dont have a need for one since I'm constantly around a computer. I do have unlimited email on all my berrys though.
    I do agree with you guys that it is annoying when people ask how to get around data limitations. Just spend the couple extra dollars. For me its not worth spending the extra hundred a month to have data on my phones right now. When I get my two new sunset curves of course I'll have data on them.
  18. Apollo_Creed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlp32 View Post
    I personally dont have a data, I dont have a need for one since I'm constantly around a computer. I do have unlimited email on all my berrys though.
    I do agree with you guys that it is annoying when people ask how to get around data limitations. Just spend the couple extra dollars. For me its not worth spending the extra hundred a month to have data on my phones right now. When I get my two new sunset curves of course I'll have data on them.
    I'm trying to figure out how did you get unlimited email without unlimited data?? I thought once you had a data plan that covers email and everything. Which carrier are you with??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. orle8050's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Creed View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how did you get unlimited email without unlimited data?? I thought once you had a data plan that covers email and everything. Which carrier are you with??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good Question??? He might have a WIFI BB
    “Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.” C. E. Stowe

  20. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,784 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #20  

    Default

    T-Mobile has an email only plan.
  21. Heresy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,659 Posts
    PIN
    220cd0e8
    #21  

    Default

    Im with Tmobile. I was with verizon and I did have to have data for email...I do not have wifi either....lol not yet anyway. Tmo has unlimited email for like 10 bucks a month and unlimited data for 30. So to add 20 bucks a month more for my 5 phones wasnt worth it for me since we mainly use email and calender. My work berry does have data though.
  22. Apollo_Creed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,051 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcin220 View Post
    I wonder why it is irritating? If they don't have a plan then they are the idiots that are going to end up paying for it in the end. More power to them! Let them pay! Action = consequence! Yay for the natural laws!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess that's where I would get upset because of the money I had to pay and I try to save people from making the mistake I made. You did make sense though, if they want to pay, let them pay!! When they get a bill the size of an Escalade payment, they'll think twice!!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. orle8050's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlp32 View Post
    Im with Tmobile. I was with verizon and I did have to have data for email...I do not have wifi either....lol not yet anyway. Tmo has unlimited email for like 10 bucks a month and unlimited data for 30. So to add 20 bucks a month more for my 5 phones wasnt worth it for me since we mainly use email and calender. My work berry does have data though.
    You stated earlier that you "don't" have data but whatever.

    You also list Nextel as part of your carrier and I didn't think Nextel has "email only plans"

    And isn't an "email only" plan a data plan just limited?
    “Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.” C. E. Stowe

  24. Heresy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,659 Posts
    PIN
    220cd0e8
    #24  

    Default

    Right, when I left verizon my bill was over 500 a month without going over my minutes/text
  25. Heresy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,659 Posts
    PIN
    220cd0e8
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orle8050 View Post
    You stated earlier that you "don't" have data but whatever.

    You also list Nextel as part of your carrier and I didn't think Nextel has "email only plans"

    And isn't an "email only" plan a data plan just limited?
    the nextel is my work berry...sorry for the confusion.
    I guess it is a data plan....but you cannot access the internet at all.
    Last edited by rlp32; 08-09-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions