I have tried MiuTunes and it totally sucks! Every song is identified as an individual CD and it won't pick up art work. And that is after following their insturctions on MP3 tagging, etc. MiuTunes Tech Support sent me some crazy file changes that they suggested I make. Now why would I pay $25 for something that I had to go in and do a bunch of file changes to? Shouldn't the program work correctly from the get go... why do I have to do their tech work for them?

Sorry for the rant.. .but that really ticks me off when you buy something and the developer comes back and says you have to make file and code changes... how crazy is that?

Anyway.. any suggestions as to a good player for the 8820 would be much appreciated. The native one just doesn't cut it with my noise cancelling headphones and the volume is way to low. Thanks for your help.....
    07-16-08 09:55 PM
    07-16-08 10:04 PM
    Okay, so I have tried both of these, the FlipSide and MiuTunes. I would say that FlipSide is quite a bit better, and pulled album art with no problems. On the down side, niether of these players would let you operate the volume while it was running in the background. So I guess I am sticking to the standard BB Player.
    07-16-08 10:22 PM
    Heard berry tunes is cool??? Visualviews(dot)com. Dunno tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 10:24 PM
    Tried this last night... not bad at all. A little of a hassle setting up, but once you get beyond that it is pretty good.

It is interesting to me that no one has really come up with a top shelf media player for Blackberry. The native solution is ok, but nothing to write home about. And, the sound reproduction is not all that great. I would think that in the midst of competing with the new iPhone, someone at RIM would think to source a new, updated and far more robust media player. Not that it has to meet iPhone or iTouch standards... but be at least better then what is there now.
    07-17-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD