Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 118
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Soeasy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Any Sprint Users See AT&T's Prices??!!

    Aloha,

    I'm currently with Sprint here in NYC. I pay $179 a month for 3 lines that share 1500 non-mobile minutes. I never even come close to 800 non mobile minutes but for 3 lines I have to take the 1500 minute plan.

    Everything else is unlimited. Txting, downloading, I stream my vids on Vimeo(I shoot Reality Shows for a living), Youtube, Netflix(I don't need it on my phone as I have it on 3 tablets.) No throttling no data-caps.

    My bill hasn't changed one by one cent in either direction in 2 years.

    Just came back from ATT around the corner and switching my three line would cost me $308 a month!! Are they serious??

    When I saw how much they nickel and dime for every little thing I almost passed out.

    Going to check out T-Mobile tomorrow. But this nonsense can't be real. Or can it??!!

    I may have to wait to see what that undisclosed Spint BB10 is going to be.

    Any other Sprint users on-the-fence over this???
    jautrey likes this.
  2. citystars41's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    PIN
    30da94fd
    #2  

    Default

    Sprint does have some good prices which is why it hurts so bad to be in our situation. The next reasonable carrier is T-Mobile and I never hear anything good from them. I want a z10 pretty bad but im trying to stay reasonable.
  3. Soeasy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by citystars41 View Post
    Sprint does have some good prices which is why it hurts so bad to be in our situation. The next reasonable carrier is T-Mobile and I never hear anything good from them. I want a z10 pretty bad but im trying to stay reasonable.
    I don't get it. I never really ask my friends what they pay for cell service, but are people really spending upwards of $3k a year????
  4. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    sprint has always had the best deals/plans, imo,,, they're slow to move on BB devices/os updates is my only b!tch w/ them...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  5. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soeasy View Post
    I don't get it. I never really ask my friends what they pay for cell service, but are people really spending upwards of $3k a year????
    some ppl just get sucked on to their particular carrier for whatever reason,,, vzw is just as bad & they're number one,,, i don't see how,,, ppl say they have the best coverage but w/ sprint i have free phone/data roam so there's no issue there, ever,,, & vzw's 4g is almost as limited as sprints' according to their map,,, att&t has the best 4g coverage but like you pointed out their plans are insane...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  6. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,933 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soeasy View Post
    I don't get it. I never really ask my friends what they pay for cell service, but are people really spending upwards of $3k a year????
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line on top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.

    Edit: actually, $308 a month sounds a little high for 3 lines. If I added a new third line, that'd be only an extra $10 a month, plus $30 for data (no extra charge for text since we already have family unlimited text). Since you wouldn't have BES, take away $15. It shouldn't be more than about $260. Not $179, but not $308, either.
    Last edited by JasW; 03-21-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  7. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,779 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,934 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I'm with USCellular and get a shock every time I look elsewhere.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  8. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.
    ugh,,, 1 line w/ sprint, unlimited everything, 450 mins,(never use that much), unlimited cell 2 cell,,, &80/mo,,, it's crazy to me that some people are corraled into making a car payment to provide mobile phone service for their families,,, paying a hefty bill for a buisiness is a bit different,, that doesn't include a landline for the home,(which is generally gotten thru cable co., & that's ANOTHER issue)...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  9. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #9  

    Default

    AT&T
    4 BlackBerry Lines + 1 Data device (PlayBook 4G)

    1400 Minutes
    Unlimited Data (including Texting)
    Unlimited International Data on 1 Line
    All other standard stuff
    2 Have GPS subscriptions (getting rid of that because of BB Maps)

    $320/mo after all fees, taxes, and discounts.
    ~S_A
  10. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    $228 a month on AT&T for 2 lines, unlimited data (grandfathered) and text, 1400 shared anytime minutes with rollover. I also pay a $15 surcharge for BES on my line top of the $30 I'd otherwise pay for data. So not $3K a year but very close, and the figure you quote sounds about right for yet another line.
    Did you get the Z10? There is an unlimited BB 4G Data plan for $30, and works on BES 10.
    ~S_A
  11. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    AT&T
    4 BlackBerry Lines + 1 Data device (PlayBook 4G)

    1400 Minutes
    Unlimited Data (including Texting)
    Unlimited International Data on 1 Line
    All other standard stuff
    2 Have GPS subscriptions (getting rid of that because of BB Maps)

    $320/mo after all fees, taxes, and discounts.
    ^^^& then there's that^^^ you have to add a line for PlayBook,,, i think i read that there's a work around for wifi version tho...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  12. Soeasy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    AT&T
    4 BlackBerry Lines + 1 Data device (PlayBook 4G)

    1400 Minutes
    Unlimited Data (including Texting)
    Unlimited International Data on 1 Line
    All other standard stuff
    2 Have GPS subscriptions (getting rid of that because of BB Maps)

    $320/mo after all fees, taxes, and discounts.
    Are you grandfathered into an older plan?
  13. taz323's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,055 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    My plan is not up till the end of July, so I'm waiting to see what happens.
  14. Soeasy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    My plan is not up till the end of July, so I'm waiting to see what happens.
    My lines have been eligible for an upgrade since Nov '12. Been patiently waiting to see BB10. My phones are kinda dated. Now I'm kinda stuck. Not interested in the Q10 by any stretch of the imagination.

    May have to be a little more patient and see what that Sprint BB10 phone looks like.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
  15. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soeasy View Post
    My lines have been eligible for an upgrade since Nov '12. Been patiently waiting to see BB10. My phones are kinda dated. Now I'm kinda stuck. Not interested in the Q10 by any stretch of the imagination.

    May have to be a little more patient and see what that Sprint BB10 phone looks like.
    <<<---***fingers crossed***
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
  16. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soeasy View Post
    Are you grandfathered into an older plan?
    I switched one line to it without being grandfathered. I have 2 Z10s that have been running on AT&T for a couple of weeks. Another on Verizon that I have had for about a month and a half.

    Gonna try and get the SOC for it to see if others can switch.
    ~S_A
  17. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    ^^^& then there's that^^^ you have to add a line for PlayBook,,, i think i read that there's a work around for wifi version tho...
    This is the 4G LTE version, works great on AT&T LTE.
    ~S_A
  18. shai404's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    PIN
    24512BD2
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    some ppl just get sucked on to their particular carrier for whatever reason,,, vzw is just as bad & they're number one,,, i don't see how,,, ppl say they have the best coverage but w/ sprint i have free phone/data roam so there's no issue there, ever,,, & vzw's 4g is almost as limited as sprints' according to their map,,, att&t has the best 4g coverage but like you pointed out their plans are insane...
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service!
    Shai
  19. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shai404 View Post
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service!
    All carriers have this clause, I have yet to see anyone actually use it.
    ~S_A
  20. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Did you get the Z10? There is an unlimited BB 4G Data plan for $30, and works on BES 10.
    Which plan is this? on AT&T? Still available?
    EsJayDee likes this.
  21. captainbdsc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    some ppl just get sucked on to their particular carrier for whatever reason,,, vzw is just as bad & they're number one,,, i don't see how,,, ppl say they have the best coverage but w/ sprint i have free phone/data roam so there's no issue there, ever,,, & vzw's 4g is almost as limited as sprints' according to their map,,, att&t has the best 4g coverage but like you pointed out their plans are insane...
    Go to RootMetrics.com VZW's 4GLTE is not even closely comparable to Sprint. VZW 4GLTE coverage is larger than AT&T.
    http://rootmetrics.com/special-reports/lte-performance-review/
  22. MFmonster's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Yes, Sprint is on the cheap comparatively speaking, but the speeds are just ok and as someone mentioned if you roam too much they will give you the boot. I received a letter a few months ago that scolded me for using my service, roaming too much.
    shai404 likes this.
  23. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,760 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    I switched one line to it without being grandfathered. I have 2 Z10s that have been running on AT&T for a couple of weeks. Another on Verizon that I have had for about a month and a half.

    Gonna try and get the SOC for it to see if others can switch.
    old $30 unlimited SOC - HSBI1A
    new $30 unlimited SOC - LTEBI1A

    after the B in both of those is an i
    ~S_A
  24. Mr. Dbloo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Just updated my Att plan for 2 lines. 4GB data (shared) unlimited minutes unlimited text. comes to 155.00 mo.
  25. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,454 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shai404 View Post
    Sprint coverage is NOT close to VZW coverage area lol and if you roam too much on sprint they will terminate your service
    ^^^that's bs^^^,,, i wasn't saying that the coverage was equal,,, just that i have no issues w/ coverage even in roam,,, welcome to CB (insert derogitory pronoun here)...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."



    9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 09:55 AM
  2. Any Sprint Users Interested in the iPhone?
    By ERDude in forum Sprint
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:01 PM
  3. Current Sprint User Considering AT&T
    By prncssmelissa in forum AT&T
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 01:30 AM
  4. any sprint users switching to verizon?
    By lcomp1989 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM
  5. any sprint users switching to verizon?
    By lcomp1989 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions