Anyone know of any software that you can install on the Storm that will let you see the gps position on a map of another storm and vice versa?

Something like latitude since that does not work.
    02-23-09 07:50 PM
    You can use Google Maps with Latitude, or maybe even when Loopt comes out for the storm if its not out already, but there is no program out there that will let you see other people/storms out there against there will. i believe thats invasion of privacy.
    02-23-09 07:58 PM
    Latitude works just fine... did you install the new version?
    02-23-09 08:01 PM
    Latitude works just fine... did you install the new version?
    Is it accurate to a few meters? Last time I used it it was like 1500 ft.
    02-23-09 08:02 PM
    It is now. Just get the new version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:05 PM
    yes, accurate to 4-6 meters generally.
    02-23-09 08:05 PM
    sitting here on my couch, it doesn't just put the marker on my house, it puts the marker on the right room of the house.
    02-23-09 08:06 PM
    sitting here on my couch, it doesn't just put the marker on my house, it puts the marker on the right room of the house.
    lol. I was playing with it yesterday and it pretty much showed me in the correct space in a parking lot.
    02-23-09 08:10 PM
    Do any body have the link 2 the new software for the blackberry storm.
    03-02-09 01:09 AM
    Do any body have the link 2 the new software for the blackberry storm.
    just point your BB Browser to m.google.com
    03-02-09 02:14 AM
    When I launch google maps 3.0.2 it gives me my "location within 2300 meters."

the google maps site says 3.0.2 is the newest version. Am I missing something?
    03-02-09 02:23 AM
    When I launch google maps 3.0.2 it gives me my "location within 2300 meters."

the google maps site says 3.0.2 is the newest version. Am I missing something?
    Check your settings...

Options -> Advanced -> Gps -> GPS Services -> Location On

You're probably set to E911 Only instead of Location On.
    03-02-09 02:47 AM
    Check your settings...

Options -> Advanced -> Gps -> GPS Services -> Location On

You're probably set to E911 Only instead of Location On.
    Then wait about a minute.
    03-02-09 02:58 AM
    That was originally the problem, which i realized seconds after originally posting.
    However, I then changed it and still, 15 or so hours later, it still says that and I get a giant blue circle of where I might be.
    03-02-09 06:47 PM
    That was originally the problem, which i realized seconds after originally posting.
    However, I then changed it and still, 15 or so hours later, it still says that and I get a giant blue circle of where I might be.
    If you are indoors, go outside.
    03-02-09 07:30 PM
    also click the little blue dot in the bottom right corner of the screen after you get the big blue circle.
    03-02-09 07:40 PM
    I've had a few occasions where gps stopped working and I had to do two bat pulls. Keep trying it will work and its awesome

03-02-09 07:45 PM
    argg
    My GPS location is turned on, google maps is allowed location data in the connections menu, i've restarted the device as well as uninstalled and reinstalled maps, I've tried both Global and 1XEV, everything I could think of, but still nothing.
    When i hit the blue circle it just immediately says "Your location within 2300 meters" and the giant blue area where I might be will not go away.

I'm right near a major city, so it's not like I'm short on coverage.

This is definitely frustrating.
    03-03-09 12:58 AM
    I get location within 2200 meters and i'm not even within that 2200 meters. Bah hum bag
    03-03-09 01:41 AM
    I will let my secret out. Lol. No one ever talks about this app. TRY BLIP. IT IS AMAZING. I love it. Battery Drain, maybe, but better then a stolen phone. FIND it fast, before the battery is out. I dare someone to steal my storm. LOL.
    03-03-09 04:47 AM
    GPS coverage doesn't care if you are in a city or in the middle of a corn field... actually, it works BETTER if you are in a corn field because you have a better view of the sky.
    when you have the big blue circle, it is simply showing which cell tower you are connected to and the radius is an approx distance that the software thinks that cell tower signal can reach. if there are a lot of tall buildings around you, you will have a hard time picking up a GPS signal from multiple satellites...at which point, it will just give you the cell-tower-circle-of-doom.
    03-03-09 08:02 AM
    I will let my secret out. Lol. No one ever talks about this app. TRY BLIP. IT IS AMAZING. I love it. Battery Drain, maybe, but better then a stolen phone. FIND it fast, before the battery is out. I dare someone to steal my storm. LOL.
    Link please ?
    03-03-09 09:10 AM
    InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking works the best for tracking IMO.
    03-03-09 09:16 AM
    I get location within 2200 meters and i'm not even within that 2200 meters. Bah hum bag
    Mine worked before I installed 109. Any one else have Google latitude work before and not after 109?

03-03-09 09:20 AM
    InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking works the best for tracking IMO.
    Second that. InstaMapper is pretty slick for bare bones tracking. Make sure you get the Storm version so you can disable a-GPS in the InstaMapper settings.
    03-03-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD