Are there any new Blackberry's on the horizon that will not have a camera?

Some of us still need to carry a Blackberry for work that does not include a camera. What do we have to look forward to and when? 3G sure would be nice.
    08-23-08 01:25 PM
    Rumors point to the Bold having a 'no camera' version.
    08-23-08 02:02 PM
    Rumors point to the Bold having a 'no camera' version.
    I heard that a while back too, but haven't heard anything new in a long time. Any ideas when we might see it?
    08-23-08 02:24 PM
    I heard that a while back too, but haven't heard anything new in a long time. Any ideas when we might see it?
    Nope... We don't even know when we are going to see the one w/ a camera, forget about the no camera version. The one w/o a camera usually comes out after.
    08-23-08 02:29 PM
    There has been some talk in the admin forum about designing a battery cover for the curve that would cover the lens/flash so it looks like a curve w/o a camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 02:37 PM
    There has been some talk in the admin forum about designing a battery cover for the curve that would cover the lens/flash so it looks like a curve w/o a camera.

Potential for big problems IMO
    08-23-08 02:57 PM
    I agree, most people don't decide not to have a camera because they just don't want one, it's usually for a reason (restricted areas at work is a big one right now). Concealing the camera and walking into a restricted area would most definitely be considered worse than "accidently" bringing in your curve with the camera exposed.
    08-23-08 03:04 PM
    I bought my 8820 and it does not have a camera. I bought it because I liked the phone, not because it didn't have camera. Not everyone works in the corperate world.

08-23-08 05:47 PM
    I bought my 8820 and it does not have a camera. I bought it because I liked the phone, not because it didn't have camera. Not everyone works in the corperate world.

It would be nice to have a device with the features of the Bold but without the Camera.
    08-23-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD