Occasionally after I unlock my phone, I'm getting a message that says "Enterprise Configuration" and then other ones that say something about contacts I think. I have NO idea why this is happening. I'm on BIS, not BES. Enterprise settings are not activated, because I checked. Not sure what the "configuration" message means.

The only things I've done today are to clean up my profiles.

Any idea what those messages mean? They seem benign, but I haven't seen them until today.
    07-16-08 10:10 PM
    It would be helpful to know what you are doing when you get these messages. Are you browsing the web? And if so, are you using Opera Mini?
    07-17-08 12:30 AM
    No, I'm just unlocking the phone after a reset or battery pull, or after the phone was idle. No programs are open. I don't use Opera Mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 06:19 AM
    Try disabling the password and see if still does it.
    07-17-08 06:29 AM
    Thanks, Kronk. For whatever reason, I've stopped getting the messages. I haven't done any battery pulls (afraid to now after what Patrick said in another thread), but have done several soft resets after uninstalling some programs.

One thing I forgot I'd changed -- I tried to delete Password Keeper from the Applications screen. I'm not sure if you can do that, now that I think about it. Isn't it one of those applications that will just reinstall itself the next time you run DM? Or do you have to remove it by editing your Java folder?
    07-18-08 08:28 PM
    I would remove it out of the java folder if you don't want it. Also, was this device bought new or used?
    07-18-08 08:37 PM
    Good luck.
    07-18-08 08:38 PM
    I would remove it out of the java folder if you don't want it. Also, was this device bought new or used?
    I bought it new, from Alltel. Do you know if deleting the other program would have caused problems for me?
    07-18-08 09:15 PM
    Here is what I've found:

The messages come up after a battery pull. A soft reset does not trigger them, which explains why I didn't get the mesages for a few days. I had to switch out batteries today, and the message reappeared.

After the unit does its security verification, the lock screen comes up. I unlock it, and I get the following messages:

1. Enterprise Configuration
    2. Content protection is enabled... (couldn't catch the rest, but this is the first time I've noticed this)
    3. Organizing Call Logs

I started getting these messages a few days ago, but am not sure why. As I stated, I'm on BIS, not BES. They seem benign, but I did notice that the unit is a little slow at first after they finish displaying. If I wait a few seconds, speed goes back to normal.

Any ideas appreciated. I've no clue what I've done to trigger them.
    07-19-08 04:32 PM
    Try going to options > security options> general settings and disable content protection. Mine is disabled and I do not get those messages so I wonder if that has something to do with it?
    07-19-08 04:38 PM
    I would think the same as Hazysky....disable content protection....let us know if that works.....it might be that cuz thats enabled ur BB is protecting the stuff you got on it with some kinda coding or something, so after you pull the battery, its gotta re-code it or something. But I could just be totally talkin outta my ***! LOL!
    07-19-08 04:46 PM
    Its just an extra level of security so the security verification process has extra things to verify/check maybe.
    07-19-08 04:51 PM
    I would think the same as Hazysky....disable content protection....let us know if that works.....it might be that cuz thats enabled ur BB is protecting the stuff you got on it with some kinda coding or something, so after you pull the battery, its gotta re-code it or something. But I could just be totally talkin outta my ***! LOL!
    That fixed the problem, I think. I disabled content protection, saved the setting, and did a battery pull. The messages didn't come up, and no slowness upon unlocking.

Now the problem is -- if I disable content protection, isn't my address book not encrypted? I'd discussed this in another thread with JeffH and was told to enable content protection. Do I have that correct?

PS: I decided to try re-enabling content protection. This time after doing a battery pull, no messages. I am not sure what is going on but I wonder if uninstalling Aerize Optimizer had something to do with it. I uninstalled that about the same time as the messages began, and it is tied to the memory cleaner (I think) which is a security app.
    07-19-08 05:16 PM
    Has anyone with a tour had an issue of their phone freezing when it gets to the organizing call logs message after unlocking? Eveyone once in a while it happens to me and I gotta pull the battery. I have to have a password though because I'm on my companies BES server.
    10-21-09 01:27 PM
    I got an enterprise configuration message when I went into email settings to set up 2-way sync of contacts for gmail through BIS after I updated to 5.0.0.323. Had to wait and let it go through the process of activating but all is working well now and contact sync through BIS is nice.
    10-21-09 01:33 PM
    sounds to me like your setting up the contact sync in gmail through your bis account

edit...like PJ said
    10-21-09 01:42 PM
    I went through the Gmail contacts sync also yesterday, and today the Enterprise Activation window won't go away; when I use my Gmail credentials it hangs at "Activating..." and then a window comes up after a few minutes saying Activation failed. I'm also seeing the activation messages in my inbox each time I try this, which I didn't see before. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by scottm123; 11-03-09 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Device Model: VZW BB Storm 9530 5.0 official OS
    11-03-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD