Can we play the game hot and cold to determine the date. First guess September 29th??? Am I hot or cold?
    09-23-08 07:30 PM
    Hot I'd say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 09:56 PM
    yea thats pretty hot.
    09-23-08 09:59 PM
    I will be up all night Sunday night waiting for it to post on the Premier site hoping I can get it a little cheaper than in my local ATT! Unless you think I should start a day or two earlier??
    09-23-08 10:03 PM
    I was joking, too! It's just my British sense of humour, fear not.
    "Bloody ****"......sip tea and giving sarcastic look through one of those single eye glass on a string things.
    09-23-08 10:07 PM
    WOW! I just realized h e ll got bleeped out the second I posted it. That's a new one to me and kind of funny.
    09-23-08 10:11 PM
    Just logged onto ATT account and tried to do an upgrade. The site is being updated at this time..................could there be a glimmer of hope that the Bold is coming sooner than later??
    09-23-08 10:55 PM
    I'd probably say sooner than later there gonna want it out a good couple months b4 xmas I'd say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 12:10 AM
    hey guys.

what happened to the rumor that it'd be 300?

with the iphone at only 200, and the new google phone even cheaper at under 200, and with times rough the way they are now..do you really think the bold is going to get a $600 price tag? even with a contract..it'll be more than double an iphone.

im new to blackberry, and the bold would be my first one, so im not familiar with RIM's pricing..but it seems that anything over 300 for this phone would be a bad marketing move, in my eyes.

would such a hefty price have a deeper meaning? i understand that these are luxury phones, but common sense tells me to survive in the current phone market, and to compete with the iphone, which seems to be the bold's main competitor, there's no way the phone can be more expensive than 400, without a plan.
    09-24-08 02:10 PM
    hey guys.

what happened to the rumor that it'd be 300?

with the iphone at only 200, and the new google phone even cheaper at under 200, and with times rough the way they are now..do you really think the bold is going to get a $600 price tag? even with a contract..it'll be more than double an iphone.

im new to blackberry, and the bold would be my first one, so im not familiar with RIM's pricing..but it seems that anything over 300 for this phone would be a bad marketing move, in my eyes.

would such a hefty price have a deeper meaning? i understand that these are luxury phones, but common sense tells me to survive in the current phone market, and to compete with the iphone, which seems to be the bold's main competitor, there's no way the phone can be more expensive than 400, without a plan.
    Last rumor I remember said it would be $299 on contract which is only up $50 from the current 8820 so I can see that given all the advancements. At first I too was comparing the Bold to the iPhone but when you dig down into it, they are really not after the same market so they don't need to compete. As for surviving, the best way to look at it is how they are right now. The Bold is the "flagship" model replacing the 8820 but it isn't their bread and butter. That would be the 8900 which is replacing the Curve which if I'm not mistaking is the best selling phone for at&t ever and I'm sure it's up there on all the other carriers list as well.
    09-24-08 02:31 PM
    i hope your right and hope its only 300 it would make sense if it wanted to really compete with everything else. course it is a bb no matter how much it is people will pay
    09-24-08 04:01 PM
    Just got this update off another site

"NickfromIL, the original poster, has had some personal issues, all of which I am not aware. As was pointed out, he has not been around lately, but he has been in communication over this period of time.

The family for which the thread was started is still in their home, and have definitely experienced some hardship in keeping their home, even now. There was no scam on the part of any individual misleading anyone about the needs of this BBF member or their financial needs at the time.

NickfromIL is unavailable to distribute the prizes, but the drawing will be held and winner(s) announced."
    10-27-08 07:34 PM
    I think if you sign a 2-year contract it will would be anywhere from $299-$399. But without signing a contract, it will probably be around $550 to $700.
    10-27-08 07:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD