Anyone have any idea if it's selling well or even at all? I know it's still a bit too soon to say anything but if it was somewhat successful then surely there'd be some sort of indication.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 12:16 AM
    Nothing to speak of yet and likely won't be until at least the next earnings call.
    08-30-16 12:20 AM
    Way too early for such talk. Next earnings call is on 28/Sep.. But I don't think it will be the determiner of how the device sold. Still new and even carriers in Canada just started selling it. Some countries are still getting it.

I would say the Q3 earnings call on 16/Dec is better to judge the sales.
    08-30-16 02:00 AM
    I tracked it bbry store sales for a bit it sold at about the same pace as the priv.

At the time people rubbished tracking sales that way... And then the quarter results came out.
    Last edited by cgk; 08-30-16 at 02:16 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-30-16 02:04 AM
    I'm not looking for how many consumers have bought it, since it's not really aimed at them. What I'm looking for is if big enterprises are jumping on board with this phone or not

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 03:52 AM
    Should be more. My friends who were always on ios and Samsungs switched first time to BlackBerry lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-30-16 05:18 AM
    Not a fan of DTek but...
    Any port in a storm
    08-31-16 09:32 AM
    Dtek is a great phone. Thoroughly enjoying mine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 04:04 PM
    Probably as strong as the Leap which was another fleet phone meant for corporate customers.
    09-02-16 07:27 AM
    It would not surprise me that the dtek 50 will out sell the leap and be profitable for blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:53 AM
    Z3 flasback.

🔥 📶
    09-02-16 08:25 AM
    Samsung is struggling. Apple has had some slumps. HTC Sony etc the list goes on, & begs the question: Who makes money on great smartphone sales anymore? Sony has come right out & said it: They don't make a profit from their phones. They are just making phones in order to stay in the market. Perhaps, in case the next big thing comes along I guess?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-16 11:55 AM
    Z3 flasback.

🔥 📶
    Xperia Z3? That one sold quite well. Hope the Dtek50 has the same results.

*ME173X
    bakron1 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-02-16 12:09 PM
    In today's saturated market, it's a crap shoot on how successful any new products will be. Now it's a waiting game until the next quarterly results.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-02-16 07:14 PM
    I'd say it's currently 50/50 that the DTEK50 will flop like the PRIV.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-02-16 07:23 PM
    Xperia Z3? That one sold quite well. Hope the Dtek50 has the same results.

*ME173X
    Nah, what I mean is the BlackBerry Z3. Remember how it flops?

🔥 📶
    09-02-16 08:18 PM
    I remember Blackberry's Z3, basically is was bb10 low end phone for oversees only. The two things that the dtek 50 has over the Z3 is that it is an android phone and it works on gsm carriers in the usa along with the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 11:45 PM
    the list goes on, & begs the question: Who makes money on great smartphone sales anymore?
    Huawei and other Chinese companies.

Huawei is progressing so fast that they're planning to overtake Samsung & Apple to reach the no.1 phones brand in 2020. Unlikely but they're doing great.
    09-03-16 01:03 AM
    It is not the making of a profit but rather the avoidance of a loss. Given the lack of carrier support and reliance on online distribution , I suspect that the sales will be rather small.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus and techvisor like this.
    09-03-16 01:36 AM
    The DKEK is not the Leap or Z3 - both were released on a dying platform in which there was little or no interest. The DTEK stands a far greater chance of success as a fleet/corporate device. It's biggest challenges are the prominence of iPhone in this market and the BYOD era.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:54 AM

Huawei is progressing so fast that they're planning to overtake Samsung & Apple to reach the no.1 phones brand in 2020. Unlikely but they're doing great.
    Didn't Samsung make record profits last quarter? Agree about Chinese manufacturers - Xiaomi too have long had some really interesting devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:57 AM
    Didn't Samsung make record profits last quarter? Agree about Chinese manufacturers - Xiaomi too have long had some really interesting devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah they had a very good year with growth in several divisions, up until the note7 exploded xD. They couldn't keep up with the demand for the note, had to increase the production and halt sales in some countries, I guess they won't be having a demand problem right now.. They'll recover though, Sammy is an electronics giant.
    rt2567 likes this.
    09-03-16 08:33 AM
    Samsung is struggling. Apple has had some slumps. HTC Sony etc the list goes on, & begs the question: Who makes money on great smartphone sales anymore? Sony has come right out & said it: They don't make a profit from their phones. They are just making phones in order to stay in the market. Perhaps, in case the next big thing comes along I guess?
    30 years ago, there used to be 100 companies that made PCs. Today, there are about a half-dozen.

12 years ago, there were over 100 companies that made flat-screen TVs for sale in the US. Today, there are about a half-dozen.

This kind of thing happens a lot. Some big new technology reaches commercial viability, and dozens of companies jump in to the market to try to make a profit and hopefully to eventually own a big slice of the pie. Most make some money at the beginning, when margins are high, but soon the tech matures, competition lowers prices, and most companies reach a point where they can't compete - either they can't provide support (because they saved money by having no support infrastructure), they can't afford to advertise, they can't afford R&D to keep up with the latest tech, or because they can't afford to buy the components.

Some companies get bought or "merge", some go bankrupt and disappear, and a very small few survive. We've started to reach the point where major consolidations and company failures are going to happen. Over the next couple of years, you're going to see many mergers, divisions sold off, bankrupt companies, and a lot of brands you've grown used to hearing about will go away. Only the best, most competitive will survive - and that's largely to the benefit of consumers.

For example, with TVs, many of the ones made 10 years ago were junk, and didn't last longer than 2-3 years. 5 years ago, nearly all SmartTVs were garbage. Today, with only a couple of brands surviving, TVs are much better designed, and the "smart" portions of the TVs are actually usable and viable. But lots of the brands - even big ones that have been making TVs for decades (Pioneer, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Sharp, etc.) are out of the business because they couldn't compete. The few survivors are the ones making excellent products and providing excellent support at low prices. That's exactly how the free market is supposed to work.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-03-16 09:39 AM
    30 years ago, there used to be 100 companies that made PCs. Today, there are about a half-dozen.

12 years ago, there were over 100 companies that made flat-screen TVs for sale in the US. Today, there are about a half-dozen.

This kind of thing happens a lot. Some big new technology reaches commercial viability, and dozens of companies jump in to the market to try to make a profit and hopefully to eventually own a big slice of the pie. Most make some money at the beginning, when margins are high, but soon the tech matures, competition lowers prices, and most companies reach a point where they can't compete.
    Kind of what I was getting at. Not many of the big players are growing in leaps & bounds as they were a few years ago. Huawei and other Chinese companies are advancing sure, but overall the phone market is pretty saturated, though there are still continents that haven't reached that point. Like parts of Asia, Africa, Antarctica, etc.. ;P
    09-03-16 12:05 PM

Not all of them. A couple strong companies rising from a mass of OEMs. Rather familiar pattern. Also familiar is that these stronger Chinese OEMs are moving towards an integrated vertical business model and do not rely on handsets only. at least a couple are designing their own SOCs. The other companies rise and fall with almost breathtaking speed.

I think Xiaomi's upcoming entry to the US will be a litmus test of ability to compete at the mid to high end globally.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-03-16 12:18 PM
36 12