Does anybody have a dead blackberry that i could use the pin and imei to release my account?

To explain my situation a little i bought a blackberry of ebay and the user hadn't created a bis account but i found later that the pin/imei were preregistered with orange, i have been able to register on their instant email site so all i need to do now is change device so it releases the pin. This will enable me to register my pin with my current provider.

So can anybody help i'm not get very far with previous owner/network.

Thanks in advance
    03-05-09 02:01 AM
    Won't work. The PIN and IMEI are burned into your existing phone. The only way you could need another phone's identity would be to change the ID of the original - this is a CRIME almost everywhere in the world, and we are not about to help you go to jail.

If you have been able to create a login for the BIS site where the phone is registered you should be able to go in and change all its details to empty values. If this doesn't work the provider (Orange) should be able to do it for you. Final resort if Orange won't help, unless your phone's IMEI is listed as stolen your current provider (T-Mo) should be able escalate the problem to RIM and get the phone released within a day or two.

If these three legitimate methods don't work, sorry it looks like you bought a lemon.
    03-05-09 07:44 AM
    Thank you for your reply, but i think you misunderstand me.

I only want a dead pin and imei so i can use the change device function in the instant email site. Not to re-programme the phone.

Any helpers?
    03-05-09 09:17 AM
    Wouldn't you also need to get the device unlocked?
    03-05-09 11:07 AM
    Thank you for your reply, but i think you misunderstand me.

I only want a dead pin and imei so i can use the change device function in the instant email site. Not to re-programme the phone.

Any helpers?
    That's what I'm saying won't work for your purpose. A disused PIN will still be allocated to a service provider somewhere around the world. You need that original account deactivating and the phone deallocating from the original supplier.

If you setup the account and you have the password, does entering the PIN and IMEI as all zeroes work?

You should do one of:
    1. Contact the original provider (Orange) and tell them you had the phone unlocked and will be using it on another provider so you need it de-registering with Orange. Orange has the ability to do this but most of the support techs are too lazy.

2. Contact your new provider (T-Mo) and tell them Orange is behaving like a troop of monkeys so you can't get your phone released from the BIS database. T-Mo can escalate to RIM if necessary through provider channels and get it reset. (Be ready to provide evidence you are the phone's legal owner).

If both providers refuse to assist... I think it tells us something about the phone and its history - they don't want it on the network. Either that or you could be a phone cloner trying to extract clean IMEI/PIN pairs from unsuspecting users, but you're not doing very well at it.
    Last edited by branta; 03-05-09 at 11:12 AM.
    03-05-09 11:09 AM
    ttttttttttttttt
    03-05-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";