Hi, can anyone suggest a good anti virus please?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:01 PM
    For Blackberry 10? You don't need anti-virus. If you only download apps from trusted sources, you will be fine.
    Aishwarya Jiva likes this.
    01-29-14 09:13 PM
    Yes, got blackberry 10. So my phone will be great even if downloading from amazon app store?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:15 PM
    There are no guarantees that an app you download won't be malicious in some way. But you won't be able to get a virus on your phone. Android apps can have access to all of the files and data on your phone, but they won't be able to give you a virus and can't do anything if they're not running.

I'd probably trust the Amazon app store more than any of the other Android app stores out there anyway.
    Aishwarya Jiva likes this.
    01-29-14 09:24 PM
    Great! Thank you for your time.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:28 PM
    There are no guarantees that an app you download won't be malicious in some way. But you won't be able to get a virus on your phone. Android apps can have access to all of the files and data on your phone, but they won't be able to give you a virus and can't do anything if they're not running.

I'd probably trust the Amazon app store more than any of the other Android app stores out there anyway.
    Sure.

And so do iOS and Windows Phone apps.

Or did you mean rooted or jailbroken phones?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-30-14 03:15 AM
    Hi, can anyone suggest a good anti virus please?

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is not necessary... I'm not a fan of anti-virus apps unless I'm working on a PC, been through different smartphones, and don't have any incidents of a virus infection.

As a user, it is still best that we discipline ourselves using any device... that's the best proactive approach for me.

On the other hand, I still have faith on BlackBerry security and don't find an app necessary to handle it.

Running Q10 BB10.2.1 (OS1925-RADIO1926)
    01-30-14 03:32 AM
    I paid good money for the Max Mobile Security app.

It seems to do a good job, and it's especially useful now that we will be downloading a lot of Android apps!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 03:47 AM
    Sure.

And so do iOS and Windows Phone apps.

Or did you mean rooted or jailbroken phones?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I think you missed part of the point I'm trying to make. Many BB users are starting to download apps from unvented sources. While all apps on all platforms could access your files and contacts, they are much less likely to do so without your knowing. Apps is iOS App Store, Windows store, BB World and Google Play (mostly) have been approved and supposedly checked for malicious activity like this. 3rd party app stores may not have the same level of security (1mobile, etc)

Also, iOS and BB apps give you the added benefit of choosing which permissions to give the app. Android apps on BB do not allow for granular permissions, meaning it's generally all or nothing.
    01-30-14 07:08 AM