05-08-08 08:25 PM
38 12
tools
    Z9...rocks.
    04-19-08 10:27 PM
    I posted this over on the 8830 forum before I saw this thread, but thought I would share

Just thought I would share my experience. I have a 8830 WE.

My boss bought a Blueant Z9 and I bought a Jawbone, we had not talked. He offerred to let me try his Z9 out.

I drive a Mazda Miata (little 2 door sports car), so there is alot of road noice, I was looking for good noice cancellation and good incoming volume.

What I did was try each one out in my car, while driving, with the windows up and windows down, while talking to my offce voice mail. And then when I got back I listened to the results.

Jawbone: Noice Cancellation is awesome, jsut totally unbelievable. With the windows down crystal clear, no road or wind noise. I would not have belived this was possible. But now the down side, the person i would be talking to would be able to hear me crystal clear, but I found the Jawbone did not have enough incoming volume to allow me to hear with the car and wind noise. I was using a Jabra gelbud, trying to channel the sound better.

Blueant Z9: Noise cancellation was no where near what the Jawbone was. It was good with the windows up, it did take care of the road noise. But when i put the windows down, it would not totally cancel out the noise. But the big plus with the Z9 is, its incoming volume, much better volume and clarity than the Jawbone.

Conclusion: I returned the Jawbone and have ordered a Z9. If I am in the car, I dont need to be talking with the windows down, and it is important that I can hear the party that is calling me. I will sacrifise some of the noise cancellation for the superior incoming sound of the Z9.
    04-20-08 10:11 AM
    I just got the Z9 about 2 weeks ago and I am very pleased with it. Great sound, very comfortable, I hardly know I am wearing it. I had a Motorola H500 prior to this for just over 2 years and it worked very well for me, but it was old and needed to be replced.
    04-20-08 11:36 AM
    I've had both. I like the z9 better. More comfortable and better sound.
    04-20-08 12:00 PM
    Still live my Z9... No real probs. Friends can hear me just fine most of the time and if there is a problem I just hit the button and then it isolates my voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 08:38 PM
    I bought the BlueAnt for my husband and I. It seems to work well ... the only thing that bums me out is there is no car charger available for it.

Otherwise the fit & sound quality are what I expected after reading the reviews.
    04-21-08 11:35 PM
    Blue Ant Z9. Hands Down! Better fit than jawbone and there is absolutely no difference in sound quality.
    04-29-08 08:58 PM
    Metro I was waiting to hear from someone who has both. Glad you're happy with you're Blueant. I love mine....wait...think I already said that in this thread!!

04-29-08 10:08 PM
    I have had two jawbones thought I really loved them. Both had the same issue everytime I charged it the back piece came off. So I glued it on. Now it won't charge at all. So having read online about the z9, I thought I would give Aliph one more chance, sent support an email to the effect of the above, they replied that is not authorized you may buy another from with a one year warranty or from a vendor and are subject to their return policy. No help just plop down another $100 and we will be glad to send another your way.
    So needles to say I am buying a Z9. I was willing to pay for them to fix it but not now.
    Where did everybody get there Z9? I have alltel and they a poor selection.
    steve
    05-04-08 07:29 AM
    I bought two from amazon. They had free shipping. If you do buy from amazon make sure you click the free shipping option on the checkout page. I did for one but not the other I ordered for my boss.

05-04-08 09:09 AM
    I have a jawbone and I absolutly love it, the best on the market. Get the jawbone, its a lot better than anything else on the market

05-04-08 09:33 AM
    Good "to know" info. Next BT, Z9

05-04-08 09:41 AM
    Metro I was waiting to hear from someone who has both. Glad you're happy with you're Blueant. I love mine....wait...think I already said that in this thread!!

Yeah, love the Blueant...and for those of you still deciding, don't get me wrong, I liked the jawbone alot too but I thought the fit was crappy. In addition the Blueant is smaller and lighter.

Whichever you choose, spend alot of time shopping around, there are some great deals out there.
    05-08-08 08:25 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD