Ok ready for an upgrade. Currently have a Curve 8830.

Storm 2 - never had a touch screen phone. Love the screen size. Wife had the Storm 1 and had no issues that I know. I would like something different.

Tour 2/Bold - wait a month. upgrade of speed, pad, wifi. But, not much different from my Curve.

Storm 3 - possible slider? Debated the Palm-Pre for this option.

IPhone - will it really happen for Verizon? And I would miss the ease of BB use for BBM with co-workers and the desktop manager.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Dan
    04-18-10 10:41 AM
    If you want a touch screen phone then go with the Storm 2. If not, then go with the new Bold that will hopefully be out in a month or so.

The Storm 3 won't be a slider and won't be available until the end of the year. We won't see an iPhone on Verizon this year, if we do, it will be next year.
    04-18-10 10:48 AM
    Go with Storm 2 if you like it (I hated it, other love it). I personally would wait for the Bold 9650 if I was you, but that's just my opinion. BTW, form may be similar to your 8330 (assuming since you said Curve, 8830 is the WE) but the user experience is much nicer with the high res screen, much more RAM, processor speed, WiFi and Trackpad. Looks similar, but is a generation newer in most every way. Enjoy!

Edit: I should add (since I'm on WAP and my sig doesn't show) I went from a Curve 8320 to a Storm2, sent it back after 30 days and went and got a Bold 9700 which I am very happy with.
    Last edited by SLVR6; 04-18-10 at 11:02 AM.
    04-18-10 11:00 AM
    I doubt the iPhone will ever be on the Verizon.
    The iPhone is keeping AT&T alive IMO. I don't even find it to be that good of a phone.
    You said you would miss BBM because you speak to co-workers.
    If that's the case go with another BB, either the bold 9700 or the Storm 2.
    I am on AT&T, and have a Storm 2 on the way should be here tomorrow or tue, can't wait.
    I love touch screens, just can't stand how you can accidentally click on the wrong thing scrolling thru a list and then have to wait to exit, big reason for getting the Storm 2 "sure press"
    I like to verify what I press, and the Storm allows that.

IMHO, go with the Storm 2, if you don't like it return it back to Verizon for a 9700.
    04-18-10 11:39 AM
    I doubt the iPhone will ever be on the Verizon.
    The iPhone is keeping AT&T alive IMO. I don't even find it to be that good of a phone.
    You said you would miss BBM because you speak to co-workers.
    If that's the case go with another BB, either the bold 9700 or the Storm 2.
    I am on AT&T, and have a Storm 2 on the way should be here tomorrow or tue, can't wait.
    I love touch screens, just can't stand how you can accidentally click on the wrong thing scrolling thru a list and then have to wait to exit, big reason for getting the Storm 2 "sure press"
    I like to verify what I press, and the Storm allows that.

IMHO, go with the Storm 2, if you don't like it return it back to Verizon for a 9700.
    The 9700 is GSM only. It cannot be used on VZW.

If the OP wants a similar device, he will need to wait for the 9650, which will be similar to the 9700 only for CDMA carriers.
    04-18-10 11:53 AM
    Thank you all for your advice!

Storm 2 looks like a good option as I want to stay with BB and want something different.
    04-18-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD