you must be kidding...
    Yes
    cribble2k likes this.
    12-05-16 06:46 AM
    I got my third update. 1.6gb, 4mb, 24mb now..
    Did you delete the new FaceBook App? I am guessing the 24mb update is just reinstalling the new FaceBook app.
    12-05-16 07:24 AM
    Did you delete the new FaceBook App? I am guessing the 24mb update is just reinstalling the new FaceBook app.
    To that.
    Did anyone sideload the old Facebook .bar file?
    Is true that it's not possible anymore?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 10:12 AM
    To that.

Posted via CB10
    I got the old FaceBook app working. The directions are in the thread below. If you have a backup prior to 10.3.3 to do a selective restore of settings, you can recover the use of the old FaceBook app by restoring the settings and the old app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03/index2.html
    12-05-16 11:58 AM
    Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 07:20 PM
    I think you're right this on.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 08:58 PM
    To that.

Posted via CB10
    We can sideload old Facebook.bar, but the 24mb update comming back,again and again,it replaces to the non working Facebook,so I think it's better to leave it alone..by not updating 24mb..
    Another update-img_20161205_115928.png

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 07:36 AM
    We can sideload old Facebook.bar, but the 24mb update comming back,again and again,it replaces to the non working Facebook,so I think it's better to leave it alone..by not updating 24mb..
    Posted via CB10
    You should also turn off automatic updates in the software updates setting or you may find FaceBook updates automatically.
    12-06-16 07:42 AM
    Thank you for that infos!

I asked about the old Facebook app, because I read that 10.3.3 will block that update and you ain't able to sideload it anymore.
    So that is untrue?

I can live with that pop-up in the BlackBerry World.
    This is nothing new to me since March.

But I don't wanna miss that Hub- and Calender integration.
    That's still pretty practical!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 09:03 AM
    You should also turn off automatic updates in the software updates setting or you may find FaceBook updates automatically.
    Yes I turned off the automatic updates,it won't automatically download the update, but shows me that a update of 24mb is available,which I just started to ignore it.
    Another update-img_20161206_231508.png

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 11:46 AM
    Thank you for that infos!

I asked about the old Facebook app, because I read that 10.3.3 will block that update and you ain't able to sideload it anymore.
    So that is untrue?

I
    It is untrue.

If you sideload the old FaceBook app like in my directions, you will get the calendar and contacts integration. It is only the messages that will not work. There is also the possibility that the BB10 app will crash with certain types of content in the feed. I am not sure of the content that crashed the app, but I think it usually related to a user referencing some sort of commercial feed in their post. So far, since I reinstalled the BB10 FaceBook on 10.3.3, I have not had any crashes. It may just be a coincidence.
    Slash82 likes this.
    12-06-16 01:50 PM
    It is untrue.

If you sideload the old FaceBook app like in my directions, you will get the calendar and contacts integration. It is only the messages that will not work. There is also the possibility that the BB10 app will crash with certain types of content in the feed. I am not sure of the content that crashed the app, but I think it usually related to a user referencing some sort of commercial feed in their post. So far, since I reinstalled the BB10 FaceBook on 10.3.3, I have not had any crashes. It may just be a coincidence.
    Thanks for that info!
    Now, I won't refuse upgrading to OS10.3.3.
    12-07-16 01:23 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD