So i was just at a major best buy style electronics store over here in germany. Its called "saturn". They have everything. I was browsing all of the latest devices. Asked the guy a few questions about the latest iphone. Asked him about the windows phones they had (the UI is confusing by the way). Got him to show me a few things on the latest androids like gs3 and note2. Even looked at HTC and huwei and other no name devices. Must have spent over an hour. He was very knowledgable about all products. They have more mobile phones then i have ever seen. All the way from a nokia 9� no contract price, to the best of the best. Must have been over 100 different models. Then i noticed (suprisingly not right away) that there was brand missing. Yep. So i asked them why. Heres the reason from his guy who seemingly knew everything about all the devices gave me: "we had the new blackberry 10 devices for sale a few months ago. The blackberry comeback failed, not suprisingly. Now blackberry has been purchased by android and they are closing blackberry down".

I then pulled out my bold and showed him the leaked pictures of London and he even let me show him a video of the keyboard and hub. Thank god i had H+ and everything loaded fast. He was impressed with how fast bb10 was and flabbergasted by the hub. I then told him no the devices had not come out months ago and no android did not buy blackberry. Android is not a company. asked if he would be interested in buying one when it came out. He said yes. Then he called over three other mobile department people and they all proceeded to huddle around and view the pictures. Each one said it made other phones look crappy and they will be talking about the device.

Moral of the story is that no matter how uninformed these front line sales staff are, just a little effort can set them straight!

I just showed four people!!
    12-14-12 02:33 PM
    Lulz.

"Android bought BlackBerry and they are closing BlackBerry down"

That was the best part.
    12-14-12 02:47 PM
    LMAO, good story.
    12-14-12 02:52 PM
    i really find it hard to believe someone actually said that. They should be fired on the spot if they actually did for just making up complete lies. There is not even a hint of truth in any of that
    12-14-12 02:56 PM
    Lulz.

"Android bought BlackBerry and they are closing BlackBerry down"

That was the best part.
    I LMAO at the 'Europe edition' in the title.

I wonder how many people the salesman has told that bs to before who went off believing him.
    12-14-12 03:17 PM
    I LMAO at the 'Europe edition' in the title.

I wonder how many people the salesman has told that bs to before who went off believing him.
    Well thats the part that bugs me. Does no one come in and ask for blackberry????
    12-14-12 03:19 PM
    Smh @ the lies people come up with in order to discredit other devices.

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 03:22 PM
    i really find it hard to believe someone actually said that. They should be fired on the spot if they actually did for just making up complete lies. There is not even a hint of truth in any of that
    Unfortunately I've experienced this on my own skin, i was accompanying my wife to upgrade to a new 9790 and he continually bashed BB the whole time he sorted out the paperwork. I would've said something but I don't want to embarrass my wife. Going out of business apparently, all phones are better then a BlackBerry, he has an iPhone now, BlackBerry doesn't work with an apple tv etc etc

I did tell somebody at RIM and they asked for his name and he probably got a call next day

It was unbelievably bad.
    12-14-12 03:23 PM
    Well thats the part that bugs me. Does no one come in and ask for blackberry????
    I don't think BB was ever big in Germany, they had their own makes for a long time. Siemens was one.
    12-14-12 03:25 PM
    They're quite popular here. I've only heard the one salesman who was talking rubbish. I was in a Vodafone store and a young lady came in and said to a salesman that she'd just got her new 9900 and her signal keeps dropping. He said straight away that BlackBerry's are known for bad signals. He gave her a new sim card to register and sent her on her way. It seemed he just wanted her out of the store.
    12-14-12 03:27 PM
    I don't think BB was ever big in Germany, they had their own makes for a long time. Siemens was one.
    But they carry all of these no name brands that i have never heard of. Chinese or korean or god knows what. But yet no blackberry? I think something deeper is cooking there too
    12-14-12 03:29 PM
    They're quite popular here. I've only heard the one salesman who was talking rubbish. I was in a Vodafone store and a young lady came in and said to a salesman that she'd just got her new 9900 and her signal keeps dropping. He said straight away that BlackBerry's are known for bad signals. He gave her a new sim card to register and sent her on her way. It seemed he just wanted her out of the store.
    Where is "here"? The locations arent showing forr me on the side right now
    12-14-12 03:32 PM
    Where is "here"? The locations arent showing forr me on the side right now
    I'm in the UK.
    12-14-12 03:50 PM
    What an irony! You know who was a big wig in Siemens handset division before coming to RIM? None other than. Thorstein Heins!
    12-14-12 04:04 PM
    The usual sales mantra here in UK, is "the BlackBerries are great for messaging, but you can do so much more on an iPhone."
    Saw a mother a mother buying a new phone for the teenage kid, at an EE shop. Asking the kid about 4 times, you sure you don't want a blackberry? With the sales person every time saying the same thing.
    12-14-12 04:26 PM
    What an irony! You know who was a big wig in Siemens handset division before coming to RIM? None other than. Thorstein Heins!
    If I didn't know better I would have said Donald Trump.
    12-14-12 04:33 PM
    The usual sales mantra here in UK, is "the BlackBerries are great for messaging, but you can do so much more on an iPhone."
    Saw a mother a mother buying a new phone for the teenage kid, at an EE shop. Asking the kid about 4 times, you sure you don't want a blackberry? With the sales person every time saying the same thing.
    Thats actually very refreshing.
    12-14-12 04:33 PM
    This too in Germany...good God (Thor)
    12-14-12 04:55 PM
    Wow ok everyone save those BB10 pictures to their SD or device and show off people who think RIM is dead. My guy best friend has an iphone 4 or 4s and he has seen a little bit about BB10. I showed him the images of the new leaked L series and he likes it.
    12-14-12 05:05 PM
    So i was just at a major best buy style electronics store over here in germany. Its called "saturn". They have everything. I was browsing all of the latest devices. Asked the guy a few questions about the latest iphone. Asked him about the windows phones they had (the UI is confusing by the way). Got him to show me a few things on the latest androids like gs3 and note2. Even looked at HTC and huwei and other no name devices. Must have spent over an hour. He was very knowledgable about all products. They have more mobile phones then i have ever seen. All the way from a nokia 9€ no contract price, to the best of the best. Must have been over 100 different models. Then i noticed (suprisingly not right away) that there was brand missing. Yep. So i asked them why. Heres the reason from his guy who seemingly knew everything about all the devices gave me: "we had the new blackberry 10 devices for sale a few months ago. The blackberry comeback failed, not suprisingly. Now blackberry has been purchased by android and they are closing blackberry down".

I then pulled out my bold and showed him the leaked pictures of London and he even let me show him a video of the keyboard and hub. Thank god i had H+ and everything loaded fast. He was impressed with how fast bb10 was and flabbergasted by the hub. I then told him no the devices had not come out months ago and no android did not buy blackberry. Android is not a company. asked if he would be interested in buying one when it came out. He said yes. Then he called over three other mobile department people and they all proceeded to huddle around and view the pictures. Each one said it made other phones look crappy and they will be talking about the device.

Moral of the story is that no matter how uninformed these front line sales staff are, just a little effort can set them straight!

I just showed four people!!
    Cool story bro. Wish it were believable.
    12-14-12 05:06 PM
    Cool story bro. Wish it were believable.
    K.
    12-14-12 05:10 PM
    Hope Thor can use his German connections to get the ball rolling on BB10 in Germany.
    12-14-12 07:33 PM
    Which company was Thursten credited with turning around, over there? Siemens? Are they still making handsets?
    12-14-12 08:01 PM
    Terrible stuff.I dont listen to any of the workers in tech stores.Im surrpised you engaged in convo with dude.The only thing I ask sales rep is ,get it turned on,I want this one,I never get into tech convo's I always do my own research and own demoing before even going to purchase any equipment.

But its people like that rep that cost you sales someone could of gone in looking for the 10 then this sales rep runs his story and they end up purchasing something else.There's not much you can do about it really each sales reps are different worldwide.Consumers just have to know what they want and not get influenced.
    12-14-12 08:24 PM
    But they carry all of these no name brands that i have never heard of. Chinese or korean or god knows what. But yet no blackberry? I think something deeper is cooking there too
    Rofl. Quite the fan of BlackBerry conspiracy theories you are these days. They sell all these brands you've never heard of but, are willing to stereotype their origins after amusing yourself with them for an hour yet post here to complain about their lack of BlackBerry support that you noticed "surprisingly not right away"?? I think there's something deeper cooking in this thread too OP.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-14-12 10:09 PM
26 12