I just saw another thread where a poster commented about how no one outside of crackberry and tech magazines know about BB10, yet we expect that to be the savior. So, obviously, it needs to make a good first impression, and needs some excellent advertisements. So here we go again:

The screen starts black. You hear a faint "thump-thump" like a heart beat in the background, and each thump you see a faint outline of the BB logo

The faint sound builds up and gets slightly louder, and more frequently, as does the image of the BB logo coming through.

It builds, and builds, as the heart-beat gets louder AND LOUDER until finally the BB 10 logo CRASHES THROUGH the screen, like a caged beast breaking free of his chains!

Then cut away to images and examples of people using BB10 with all the new features. The new predictive text. The new camera function. Show some high powered executives using the integrated calendar/email functions with the peek features. Show some young attractive adults using the social media integration and laughing, playing, enjoying what BB10 allows them to do.

I think that would be a GREAT use of visual and sounds that is so appropriate. For the last couple years people have claimed BB was dead. What better way to illustrate that BB is alive and well than use the image of a heart beat growing louder and faster until it finally crashes through?

Thoughts?
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-10-12 12:56 PM
    I like it

Alternately, start with a flatline (with the flatline sound), have a bolt of lightning
    strike that flatline, flatline changes into a heart rhythm, heart rhythm morphs into
    a faint BB logo and then into exactly what you have above. How's that for back from
    the dead imagery?

The focus on real people in real situations is the perfect image RIM needs to
    be promoting.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-10-12 01:31 PM
    See what Hollywood has done to us all? <shakes head sorrowfully>
    pri79269 likes this.
    07-10-12 01:56 PM
    Not sure about the rising heartbeat... gives me thoughts of an impending heart attack or someone who just flatlined lol.

To market BB10 RIM needs to remind people of its roots and history as the company that invented the smartphone. Since the average person does not realize RIM's legacy and importance in this development, they need to shove it down people's throats.

Ill give RIM a commercial/unveling idea myself.

Opening Scene:
    Farmer and son planting a single blackberry bush in a field.

Scene cuts to progressing clips of RIM devices being used throughout the past two decades illustrating their progress throughout the years, from the first pager up to BB7.

Scene Cuts back to the farmer.
    Farmer is now old and weathered. Looks tired. Camera pans and zooms out revealing his now adult son, still planting blackberry bushes. Camera zooms out further revealing an entire field of bushes now thriving in full bloom. Camera zooms out further showing a myriad of workers and processing buildings illustrating the success the single blackberry bush brought.

Scene Cuts to the Blackberry logo...BB10 unveil begins.

RIM neglects to market it's legacy and history and since it's not recognized by the average person (unlike Apple for instance) they need to play it up and market themselves as innovators.
    07-10-12 01:57 PM
    I like the original idea except with the lightning. At the end show the B10 and underneath say "learn more at blackberry.com/bb10" Make a webpage to give people a glimpse of what is ahead.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-10-12 05:20 PM
    I like it

Alternately, start with a flatline (with the flatline sound), have a bolt of lightning
    strike that flatline, flatline changes into a heart rhythm, heart rhythm morphs into
    a faint BB logo and then into exactly what you have above. How's that for back from
    the dead imagery?

The focus on real people in real situations is the perfect image RIM needs to
    be promoting.
    I thought about the flat-line bit...i'd probably do that at the end.

have the heart-beat sound like in the beginning, building and building getting louder and faster, then crashing through, then images and depictions of people using BB10.

THEN, as quickly as it starts, it all suddenly stops and all you see on the screen is a monitor with a flat-line. everything is dead quiet. then it starts to "beep" and you see the line jump, except every time it beeps and jumps it says "Blackberry10". Then after a few beeps, have the "Learn more about Blackberry10 by visiting..."

and they need to come up with a new site dedicated to BB10. something catchy that is unique and appealing. like that smartphonebetatest.com site that recently came out.

i think that would be a slam dunk.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-11-12 12:15 PM
    How about this:

Imagine a world where your phone and car are one...

...where a simple tap opens doors, replaces your wallet and bridges devices...

...Imagine a world where sharing the things you love with those around you is seamless...

...where everything flows and devices aren't an attachment but an extension...

Introducing the new BlackBerry 10 operating system, completely redesigned, completely new. Imagine a world where you stop imagining, and start doing.

BlackBerry 10.
    amazinglygraceless and pillsy like this.
    07-11-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD